Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Mustang Ambulance! Also a really weak kill story.

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 11:56 AM
ffk_pennywise
3rd Gear Member

Default Mustang Ambulance! Also a really weak kill story.

My buddy across the street's wife just had a baby and came home Friday. So at 3am Saturday morning I get a call from her asking me to come over and take her to the hospital. So I jump out of bed and walk across the street to see whats up. She's got a very high fever and her doc said to get to the ER right away and her hospital she's using is like 45 min. away. Since they have a newborn they wanted me to drive her so the husband could stay home with the baby rather than drag her out too. So I get her loaded up in the stang and we cruise out to the ER doing 95 the whole way. Aside from her being sick, it was awesome having a good excuse to cruise that fast for so long. We made the trip in a rediculously short amount of time. No cops either. Her mom met us at the hospital and relieved me of my duties. I cruised home at the speed limit figuring I'd pushed my luck as far as I could that night. lol.

This leeds into my lame kill story that got scary at the end. I was 10 miles from home and it was about 5am by this time when some kids in a stock Dodge Dakota roll up and want to race. I kept it on cruise control and left my windows up for a few miles but the doofus in the passenger seat kept hanging out the window and egging me on so I said F it. He stomped his gas and I did the same but left it in 5th. We stayed even and I was cracking up. So I stuffed it into 3rd and showed em my tail lights. Well the kid absolutely loved that so when they got back up to me they were begging me to do it again. Went back into 3rd until redline, then 4th til redline, then 5th until..........damn whats that smell? Smells like burning oil. Hit the brakes and cruised at 70mph again. Smell went away. I was the only car around at that time of the night so I KNOW it was my car. Anyone know what that might be? Would any of my mods cause that smell when your really running hard? My car is still running just fine so I dont know what that was all about. Thanks guys!
Old 10-22-2007, 01:24 PM
tjs2906
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Mustang Ambulance! Also a really weak kill story.

I\m not sure what the smell was, but our cars tend to suck very small amounts of oil through the cv system into the intake. And it would be worse at redline revs. Thats why some guys with S/C install an oil seperator into the vacuum line that runs to the intake, it removes the oil before it forced into the engine.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:59 PM
ffk_pennywise
3rd Gear Member

Interesting. I know when I put the charge motion deletes on, my old plates had a lot of oil on the valves. I wonder if thats why I never smelled that before?
Old 10-22-2007, 02:33 PM
Sherwood06GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tjs2906

I\m not sure what the smell was, but our cars tend to suck very small amounts of oil through the cv system into the intake. And it would be worse at redline revs. Thats why some guys with S/C install an oil seperator into the vacuum line that runs to the intake, it removes the oil before it forced into the engine.
+1 on the oil separator.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:43 PM
SCCAGT
3rd Gear Member

Okay, next question is obviously a better description of what and where to purchase said oil separator. I definetly have oil coming into the supercharger and would definetly like to make it stop.

Details...[sm=thanx.gif]details....
Old 10-22-2007, 09:08 PM
navyscott
1st Gear Member

555-3710 Steeda Oil Separator or something of that nature. Given some ingenuity, you could probablypiece one together yourself.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:03 AM
ffk_pennywise
3rd Gear Member

Will a little oil do any damage?
Old 10-23-2007, 10:58 AM
y2kStangGT
3rd Gear Member

why would you down shift from 5th to 3rd?
that could have caused the problem.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:43 AM
SlideWRX
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: y2kStangGT

why would you down shift from 5th to 3rd?
that could have caused the problem.
Um, that's what gearboxes are for; to change gears. Just because he didn't use fourth in there didn't hurt anything.

Tom
Old 10-23-2007, 11:46 AM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

Not going to preach since I've made the run myself...but there is never a good excuse to excessively speed.... if it was a true emergency that required that kind of trip it should have been inside an ambulance. [8D]

Quick Reply: Mustang Ambulance! Also a really weak kill story.