Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

i traded my gto for a srt4

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 12:14 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Default RE: i traded my gto for a srt4

ORIGINAL: Stone629

I figured that was the reason. I have nothing but respect for the FWD guys at the track trying to launch those things. You would think with all that weight directly over the drive wheels, that they would grab, but that's obivously not the case with the front end lifting like that.
Yea their tricky. And not as much fun to launch, You dont get that violent surge like a rear wheel drive car. But what you do get from a turbo car is the crazy top end surge. That kinda makes up for the carpy launch.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:27 PM
TheDutchTexan
4th Gear Member

You're going to miss all that nice torque down low. The 05 mustang pulls better up "high" aswell, but I just love it when you are doing around 20 miles per hour in second, mash the pedal, and it just flies up to 60 just like that... One long flat pull... If I can help it I won't own anything else but V8's for the rest of my life.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:58 PM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Justice

You're going to miss all that nice torque down low. The 05 mustang pulls better up "high" aswell, but I just love it when you are doing around 20 miles per hour in second, mash the pedal, and it just flies up to 60 just like that... One long flat pull... If I can help it I won't own anything else but V8's for the rest of my life.
Never underestimate a small engine with a lot of boost.... Hell I rode in a GNX one night and I would rather have that powerband than my LS1...it was retarded.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:35 PM
cacimar
5th Gear Member

if wouldnt be an issue, ill get a supra or an evo. Those cars are rediculous fast when modded right. But as of now srt4 at 21psi should do the job even though i have no idea how many hp it has. Tonight i might be racing my Friend he has a stock LS1 gto lets see how good i do.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:08 PM
IWHINE
4th Gear Member

you ever driven in a car with a postive displacement blower
Old 11-16-2007, 05:26 PM
97tplsGT
4th Gear Member

congrats on the srt.......personally I like those better than the goats style-wise, and all the ones I have seen in person have been pretty quick, for relatively "cheap" (as with almost any turbo car [:@]). I love that color too. There is one here thats a dark silver w/ that colored stripes, black wheels of course, looked dam good, as does yours. G/l against the ls1 if it ever comes about....
Old 11-16-2007, 05:51 PM
stanger99
2nd Gear Member

Whenever I decide to stop modding my goat, I will then buy a DD probably being a srt4 or an evo. More so the srt because of the cheaper price. Plus I like the way they look.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:11 PM
cacimar
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 97tplsGT

congrats on the srt.......personally I like those better than the goats style-wise, and all the ones I have seen in person have been pretty quick, for relatively "cheap" (as with almost any turbo car [:@]). I love that color too. There is one here thats a dark silver w/ that colored stripes, black wheels of course, looked dam good, as does yours. G/l against the ls1 if it ever comes about....
thanks man, +1 on what u said about the turbo cars...
Old 11-16-2007, 10:12 PM
cacimar
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: IWHINE

you ever driven in a car with a postive displacement blower
hey iwhine how many psi are u running? and how many hp are u putting down to the wheels?
Old 11-16-2007, 11:44 PM
IWHINE
4th Gear Member

19.5 psi, haven't dyno'd lately roughly 270's close to the same tq. My 19.5 is dirty compared to that 21 your pushing, your car has to haul some serious ***.

Quick Reply: i traded my gto for a srt4