Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Goodbye to the Terminator

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 11:51 AM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
Methnol injection. Never wory about heat soak again.
I was also told the liquid cooled kenne bell will help with that too
Old 08-15-2014, 02:23 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

Originally Posted by xxkazp3rxx
With the E85 injectors; can you run normal fuel with the tune?

We don't have many e85 pumps here.. One of the reasons I haven't done it, as well as, not wanting the crazy power. Perhaps after.. All I'd need is a retune -
yes, you would have two tunes in your handheld and you could switch, however, you'll really lose the bigger benefit of running higher boost levels and decent timing.

I was also told the liquid cooled kenne bell will help with that too
wrong
Old 08-15-2014, 05:41 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

Dually noted.

I know i'll lose that portion of it... like I said, my concern with the E85 is mostly really the ability to find it. Just not many places around here do... Was thinking about possibly doing more once I get use to the power... I should be around the 750rwhp mark, plus or minus... other than the Shelby running stock now.. the fastest car i'd owned was my 2003 Cobra with around 550rwhp or so... Don't wanna go too fast, too soon..
Old 08-15-2014, 05:52 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

the LC Kenne Bell supposedly causes the blower to send in higher IAT2 temps... I don't know much about the meth injections, but it seems to do that same type of thing - spraying bits of water to help lower the intake temps...

...someone school me lol
Old 08-15-2014, 07:59 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

the LC Kenne Bell supposedly causes the blower to send in higher IAT2 temps... I don't know much about the meth injections, but it seems to do that same type of thing - spraying bits of water to help lower the intake temps...

...someone school me lol
I sprayed meth on the neon. It helped run a much more aggressive tune. Your intake temps will be about 40 degree no matter what the ambient temperature is outside with a good meth system. also meth has about a 105 octane rating. Free race gas.
Old 08-16-2014, 07:43 AM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

Why hadn't you run it on any of the new cars?

Doesn't look like it's too expensive to run at the very least... I do want to go E85 at some point, but, that one just has me a bit concerned on the fuel supply in the area still. Always been a bit timid even with race fuel with the how can I be sure that my race/E85 tune wont detonate on the normal 93 that would still be in the tank from the last fill up... that last gallon or two.

Honestly, don't know enough about either one.
Old 08-16-2014, 08:59 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

My Camaro SS doesn't warrant meth at its power level and my stroker build on the Mustang will make about 600bhp on 93 octane. I plan to spray a 300 shot of nitrous on the stroker and the nitrous has an even better cooling effect than meth. Methanol injection is great for a boosted set up like yours A good methanol injection kit will only spray while your in boost! On the kit I ran on the neon the first nozzle would come in at 8 pounds of boost and the second nozzle would come in at 12 pounds of boost. You can usually set them up how ever you desire. That's the nice thing about methanol injection, you never have to worry about running lean as long as you have the kit turned on. My buddy runs a kit on his 550whp bmw 335i for this very reason. He has 4'different tunes on his car and never has to run more than 93 octane because the methanol is like having race fuel all the time.

Last edited by bluebeastsrt; 08-16-2014 at 09:06 AM.
Old 08-16-2014, 11:40 AM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

A kit like this...?

http://www.lethalperformance.com/sno...ooler-kit.html
Old 08-16-2014, 12:20 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

yea that's a sexy high end kit. A decent kit can be had for about 400-$500. But I would like the adjustability that kit offers.
Old 08-16-2014, 12:35 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

lol I can't lie... for the cost of what the difference is... if it's a 'safer' kit to help me avoid any actual motor problems... it's a lot cheaper than a new motor.. from ford or anywhere else, lol

Curious what my shop thinks about it - my guy is good at feedback and the what if's.. and all that

Quick Reply: Goodbye to the Terminator