Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Whats up with ricers thinking theyre fast??

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 03:00 PM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

Default Whats up with ricers thinking theyre fast??

This morning i was dropping my hopefully-soon-to-be-gf off at school and i was at a traffic light next to this early-mid 90's civic hatchback with a fartcan and goofy stickers. well i was in a rush, so i wasnt payin it any attention at all. i could sense the guy was staring at me, but i didnt respond back. well i floored it at the light, not because i was tryin to race him, but i was REALLY in a rush cuz i was running late. and i look over to my left and i see the pos civic tryin to keep up with me about a car length back the entire time. i thought it was weird, because all of the other traffic was WAAAAAAYY behind us, and it was just the civic that was a car lenght back from me and i heard its engine tryin to keep up wit me. i was like "wtf? dude i wasnt even tryin to race u at all and i still won somehow" i swear i didnt go over 3Krpms the whole time....so guys, i gotta ask you, was this a kill????

if i had really tried to race him, man i think i woulda embarressed him.
Old 03-29-2005, 03:08 PM
94BOOSTDCobra
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Whats up with ricers thinking theyre fast??

Is it a kill? ..... hmmm

well it is like this, you are at a club and the closing hour is drawing near and you have no one to go home with, so you pick up the dejected big girl....ya got laid, but you just dont brag about it
Old 03-29-2005, 03:08 PM
inprogress

really man my friend and I were going out drinkin last weekend in his 05 vette and had 2 90's civics trying to race us these guys are just gay.
Old 03-29-2005, 03:44 PM
jelam
2nd Gear Member

you can make a civic fast but it would cost you don't see why people do it my friend beat a 2000 civic with his lumina you should have said the heck with it and started racing because you know that he went and told his friends that he almost beat you
Old 03-29-2005, 05:11 PM
iwrxit
4th Gear Member

he was hell fast. your power drops off at 3k rpm anyways. if you would have kept going he would have owned oyu on the top end. he was just waiting for his vtec to kick in in third gear!
Old 03-29-2005, 05:40 PM
dc_mann8
5th Gear Member

you have a v6 mustang and were shifting at 3k and he still didnt beat u? buddy i dont think he was racing you.. a v6 stang shifting at 3k would run what, 19 in the 1/4?
Old 03-29-2005, 05:45 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

This morning i was dropping my hopefully-soon-to-be-gf off at school and i was at a traffic light next to this early-mid 90's civic hatchback with a fartcan and goofy stickers. well i was in a rush, so i wasnt payin it any attention at all. i could sense the guy was staring at me, but i didnt respond back. well i floored it at the light, not because i was tryin to race him, but i was REALLY in a rush cuz i was running late. and i look over to my left and i see the pos civic tryin to keep up with me about a car length back the entire time. i thought it was weird, because all of the other traffic was WAAAAAAYY behind us, and it was just the civic that was a car lenght back from me and i heard its engine tryin to keep up wit me. i was like "wtf? dude i wasnt even tryin to race u at all and i still won somehow" i swear i didnt go over 3Krpms the whole time....so guys, i gotta ask you, was this a kill????

if i had really tried to race him, man i think i woulda embarressed him.

GOOD

2000 Mustang V6
-CAI
-one day plan to get an exhaust
-and thats about it since im in college

What is it with V6 Mustangs that think they're fast? LOL J/K... had to stick up for 2000Si. LMAO!!! WOOTY WOOT!!!
Old 03-29-2005, 05:46 PM
stanglx2002
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dc_mann8

you have a v6 mustang and were shifting at 3k and he still didnt beat u? buddy i dont think he was racing you.. a v6 stang shifting at 3k would run what, 19 in the 1/4?
i dont think he was racing you either bc the honda probably could have been u since you only have a v6
Old 03-29-2005, 06:23 PM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dc_mann8

well thats why i asked...cuz i mean it didnt really feel like a race, but he tried to keep up with me and i was like "what are u doing u stupid mexican"....i just thought it was odd

and jdaniel, i never thought i was fast ever, thats why im not even gonna waste modding my car and get a v8
Old 03-29-2005, 06:25 PM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: iwrxit

he was hell fast. your power drops off at 3k rpm anyways. if you would have kept going he would have owned oyu on the top end. he was just waiting for his vtec to kick in in third gear!

oh and btw this guys civic didnt have vtec....just the norm 4 cyl

Quick Reply: Whats up with ricers thinking theyre fast??