Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Test drove some cars

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 05:25 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Test drove some cars

ORIGINAL: scg87

I know it sounds a little harsh, but I just wouldn't buy a FWD car. I wouldn't even begin to consider aa SS/SC or Skittle. They're cool little cars, and have good potential, but nothing beats the control and feel of RWD IMO.....
And you are totally right, but I have the 05 GT for that type of fun. I just think it would be fun to have a little quick or possibly fast FWD 4 banger. I've always been a huge fan of the Ecotec motor, and I'm talking about since 2004 I've been on this engines *******, LOL. I know a guy right now building a N/A 04 Cavy that is running high 13's on some DR's. And there are tons running in the 12's with a turbo. It would be my little project car. First thing would be taking out the spare and gutting the trunk, then taking out the back seats. Gotta lose some weight and then work on suspension 2nd.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:29 AM
scg87
5th Gear Member

Yeah, I'll kinda admit, I've always had a small soft spot for the Ecotec and 2.4 Cavy's. Idk why, really but.....[&:]
Old 03-13-2008, 07:42 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scg87

Yeah, I'll kinda admit, I've always had a small soft spot for the Ecotec and 2.4 Cavy's. Idk why, really but.....[&:]
Thats what I'm talking about man, glad to hear it. So this is what you're gonna do, buy one, move down here to Clarksville or around this area, I'll get one too, then we can build them together. Sorta do a trial and error with certain things on each others cars.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:56 AM
GT/SRT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fiad06

The only thing I dont like about either the SS or the skittle is that they have a racer boy look to them. They attract alot of attention, everyone would want to race you.

If I had to choose the SS or the Srt.....

SS FTW...I am not a fan of the srt 4, I have driven them alot and I dont fit combfortably in there. The seats are to small for my ***. My friend also has a 2.4 SS, and I like it. The interior is the same as the ss/sc, it has good features for a affordable car. They also sound pretty good too.

For what it's worth...I took the spoiler off of my car; it also has no identifying emblems or badges. From the back and side, it's just a regular neon.

With the spoiler on...just what you said happens. With the spoiler off...nobody messes with me and nobody wants to race.

Also, you don't have to live with the viper inspired seats that come in it. I'm not a skinny high school kid...so I didn't fit real well. I bought some side airbag seats for it off a friend and they are great. They look almost the same as the vipers, but have nothing on the sides of the seat that's hard to have to fit in between.

Phil
Old 03-13-2008, 10:32 AM
IWHINE
4th Gear Member

no one really races me even with the wing on, cops notice you more though
Old 03-13-2008, 02:54 PM
Nvr2old32
2nd Gear Member

Too bad you didn't get to drive the Evo. Although it's not the fastest thing around, it's probably the most fun thing around to drive! IMO, it feels almost like driving around a big go-cart.

I haven't personally had any issues with test driving from my dealership but I have heard horror stories about salesmen acting the way yours did. You did the right thing by just leaving! Good luck with your new car purchase!
Old 03-13-2008, 02:55 PM
BicketyBam
5th Gear Member

My giant STI wing obscures my view when I look in the rear view mirror - bugs the hell out of me. But it wouldn't be an STI without it.

+1 on the FWD - no thanks. I like AWD for a change of pace though, and you can't beat the wet road traction you get with it. With proper tires, you truly have an all season car (which is cool if you live in the north).
Old 03-13-2008, 02:56 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nvr2old32

Too bad you didn't get to drive the Evo. Although it's not the fastest thing around, it's probably the most fun thing around to drive! IMO, it feels almost like driving around a big go-cart.

I haven't personally had any issues with test driving from my dealership but I have heard horror stories about salesmen acting the way yours did. You did the right thing by just leaving! Good luck with your new car purchase!
I stopped and looked at the new EVO X yesterday. It looks pretty mean in person. But the dealer is asking 45 grand for it. Thats a pretty stout mark-up. It stickered for 37.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:02 PM
BicketyBam
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bluebeastsrt

ORIGINAL: Nvr2old32

I stopped and looked at the new EVO X yesterday. It looks pretty mean in person. But the dealer is asking 45 grand for it. Thats a pretty stout mark-up. It stickered for 37.
I really like the new EVO, but I agree. $8k in markup? No thanks.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:11 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

$37k is alot IMO.

Quick Reply: Test drove some cars