Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

finally made it to the track.

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 02:46 PM
blackonblacksls
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: finally made it to the track.

ORIGINAL: JimboGT01

blackonblack where did you go to school?
mountcarmel? why?
Old 03-18-2008, 02:48 PM
M1ke
4th Gear Member

why was i running 14's on nitrous? i'll tell you how. It my first time ever at the dragstrip, the track was not prepped very well, about a 2.4 60 ft on 18" wheels (total of 40lbs heavier than stock 17's) with street tires, and a zex 75 shot with a cold bottle(which ends up to being less than a 50 shot of NX). And for the record it was 14.1. Sorry, not everyone runs a Car and Driver 14.1 stock.

blackonblackls. I have edited my post after seeing what you have done to your car
Old 03-18-2008, 02:54 PM
blackonblacksls
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: M1ke

why was i running 14's on nitrous? i'll tell you how. It my first time ever at the dragstrip, about a 2.4 60 ft on 18" wheels (total of 40lbs heavier than stock 17's) with street tires, and a zex 75 shot with a cold bottle(which ends up to being less than a 50 shot of NX). And for the record it was 14.1.

blackonblackls. I have edited my post after seeing what you have done to your car

you FAIL at mustangs, my car went 13.2 at 106 with intake and exhuast.... My bottle was cold too and sittin at 750psi...
Old 03-18-2008, 03:00 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

Good runs.

I hope you guys realize that these passes were made at the fastest track in the nation, maybe even in the world. He alse had great 60 ft times, which is why he's able to make those low ETs with low trap speeds. Not trying to take away any glory, but damnit I want to make some passes there now.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:01 PM
M1ke
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blackonblacksls

you FAIL at mustangs, my car went 13.2 at 106 with intake and exhuast.... My bottle was cold too and sittin at 750psi...
what kind of tires/wheels? were you running? what was the track temp? what brand and size of nitrous were you running? you have a couple, I have a vert, theres a couple hundred pounds. did you have gears? how many times have you been to the track in ANY car? did you have any suspension mods?

fwiw that was the only time i've used the nitrous at the track. I was testing it out, and since then I have run faster without it.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:08 PM
tws1098
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 99GTvert

Good runs.

I hope you guys realize that these passes were made at the fastest track in the nation, maybe even in the world. He alse had great 60 ft times, which is why he's able to make those low ETs with low trap speeds. Not trying to take away any glory, but damnit I want to make some passes there now.
lol amen to that...I don't even think most people would have considered the place I go a track until this year when it got completely re-done...I can't wait to go racing.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:08 PM
blackonblacksls
3rd Gear Member

pictures answer some of the questions, it was a normal day here not one of the good negative DA days we get sometimes... my rear end has stock gears in it, but the rear is out of an 04 cobra, this is the second time racing my car at the track last time it was bolt ons doing 13.2 at 106.... this is the first time every spraying at the track, second time in my life ever using nitrous period....
Old 03-18-2008, 03:12 PM
blackonblacksls
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 99GTvert

Good runs.

tracks are not magic, houston just has alot of cars setup well... most of the normal everyday people that come out dont do any better than they would anywhere else... there was a turbo 3v that couldnt do better than a high 12 at 114, a slp camaro that couldnt do better than a 13.0 at 110 with a 75 shot, cammed c6 vette that was doind low to mid 12s at 114.... and i have seen numerous 2vs running in the 14s, 15s, and low low 13s with huge huge shots..You cant just go to a track and have it magically make you run a second faster... I wish you could come out here i bet your times would still suck bawlz.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:20 PM
blackonblacksls
3rd Gear Member

oh and about the nitrous kit, its a basic edlebrock kit, the small *** lines, and small *** noids, its a dry shot setup POST MAF, with a nos dry nossle... its gota wot switch and a window switch and sprays from 4300 rpm to 6800 rpm andi shift right around there..
Old 03-18-2008, 04:32 PM
lexy
3rd Gear Member

ya'll got shut tha F*** down! people on this damn forum think everything is BS. But it does seem a little unbelievable without 3rd. Get a new damn tranny.

Quick Reply: finally made it to the track.