Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Evo/Sti guys chime in..

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 09:27 PM
C6 VETTE
5th Gear Member

Default Evo/Sti guys chime in..

The Union secretary of my local has a 2007 Evo 9.....He said he gained 40whp with a HKS cat-back, cai, and a dyno-tune....Since I know very little about these cars I kept silent, if it's true, those are phenominal numbers....Your thoughts?
Old 04-16-2008, 09:36 PM
ninetysixyenko
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Evo/Sti guys chime in..

it's very possible.

a guy at my dad's work is pushing 450 @ the wheels with stock turbo on a EVO7. he's replaced everything inside with forged parts, it's Meth injected, everything imaginable is done to this car except an upgraded turbo. and the only reason he hasn't done the turbo is because he ran out of money. has 20 grand under the hood, and a 2 grand turbo is the only thing holding him back from a easy 600-700 HP at the wheels. easily. everything is built in it to hold 1000HP if he wanted to...
Old 04-16-2008, 09:38 PM
ninetysixyenko
1st Gear Member

that 20 grand also includes suspension and drivetrain work though. everything in the car is made to handle extreme HP. just needs the turbo.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:44 PM
C6 VETTE
5th Gear Member

Looks like he's got himself a beast....He spent 20K under the hood and suspention goodies...and all he needs is a Turbo upgrade which will run 2K.........I say swipe the credit card..lol
Old 04-16-2008, 09:45 PM
BicketyBam
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: C6 VETTE

The Union secretary of my local has a 2007 Evo 9.....He said he gained 40whp with a HKS cat-back, cai, and a dyno-tune....Since I know very little about these cars I kept silent, if it's true, those are phenominal numbers....Your thoughts?
Very believable. Factory turbo cars benefit greatly from cai/exhaust and a tune.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:51 PM
C6 VETTE
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BicketyBam

Very believable. Factory turbo cars benefit greatly from cai/exhaust and a tune.
Thanks for the input Ed,

I hear AWD looses more hp through the drivetrain compared to RWD...So those gains are amazing!!
Old 04-16-2008, 09:52 PM
ninetysixyenko
1st Gear Member

Looks like he's got himself a beast....He spent 20K under the hood and suspention goodies...and all he needs is a Turbo upgrade which will run 2K.........I say swipe the credit card..lol
he's selling it. ima try to pick it up. the choices are that or a m6 LS1 camaro... it really is a hard choice [>:]. american muscle, or a 4cyl beast.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:59 PM
Projectquick
5th Gear Member

To be honest a full TBE and an intake plus a dyno tune should be good for about 50-60 whp. I don't know if the 40 whp from just a cat back and intake is accurate, but hey he did say dyno tune so who knows. I do know that a company called cobb tuning makes a whole line of products for STI and WRX that could add anywhere from 50-75 hp depending on what you get. TBE, up pipe, a CAI, and the accessport would really liven one of those up.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:55 PM
Quick Shot xMLx
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Projectquick

To be honest a full TBE and an intake plus a dyno tune should be good for about 50-60 whp. I don't know if the 40 whp from just a cat back and intake is accurate, but hey he did say dyno tune so who knows. I do know that a company called cobb tuning makes a whole line of products for STI and WRX that could add anywhere from 50-75 hp depending on what you get. TBE, up pipe, a CAI, and the accessport would really liven one of those up.
Yea know somebody with all the COBB stuff. Basically has all the mods you could possibly get for a stock turbo STi. His track times are pretty fail though 8.4@82 in the 1/8th lol.
Old 04-16-2008, 11:38 PM
scg87
5th Gear Member

Sounds believable. The IX's in particular make healthy gains from boltons/tune...

Quick Reply: Evo/Sti guys chime in..