Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Ever get frustrated with no quality runs?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 12:45 AM
NotStok
3rd Gear Member

Default Ever get frustrated with no quality runs?

So since I bought my Mach I can't seem to run into anything worth running on the street. I've literally had 3 Jettas talk trash to me at lights (and obviously get destroyed), a primer gray integra with no front bumper get owned by me and his excuse be literally "One of my cylinders isn't working," and had a Cavalier with a sweet exhaust tip try to run me about 5 times, insisting that different speeds were better.

All of these cars got bus lengths put on them, but my point is that I never get any good play. Ugh.

Anyone else having this dry spell problem lately?
Old 04-20-2008, 12:57 AM
AmericanICON
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Ever get frustrated with no quality runs?

Head to the track, and you'll get all the races you want!

I know what you mean though when you're out "fishing", and all you can find are the guppies. Maybe others are just intimidated by your Mach 1?
Old 04-20-2008, 12:57 AM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: NotStok

So since I bought my Mach I can't seem to run into anything worth running on the street. I've literally had 3 Jettas talk trash to me at lights (and obviously get destroyed), a primer gray integra with no front bumper get owned by me and his excuse be literally "One of my cylinders isn't working," and had a Cavalier with a sweet exhaust tip try to run me about 5 times, insisting that different speeds were better.

All of these cars got bus lengths put on them, but my point is that I never get any good play. Ugh.

Ok, try this on for size, gota ticket a few weeks back, firstin over 10 years and now every single fast car is around me and I don't dare try anything plus my damn clutch foot is frigged up right now. I just went out for a quick run for a few miles and there was an SS Camaro with a straight pipe exhausttossing revs my way (sounded likecrap!)and generally begging to get pulled over so I ignored him. A few minutes later on Randal Rd. a WS6 tosses revs my way (wtf, doesn't anybody do anything subtle anymore?) and shortly after that an STi thankfully just stared at my car at the light and drove off normal (I think I beat him bad last year). On the way home an SRT/4 wants a go, this was within 30 minutes!!! Had I had my license it would have taken hours for that much possible action.

Right now I wouldn't mind a dry spell, the stress of wanting to run these guys is hard, ya, I could leave the car parked but it's been parked 6 months it was begging me like a cocain addict hears the drug calling to him. Had I not gone out tonight for a short drive I would have surely gone through withdrawls that would have killed me.... kaput...

Ok, maybe a bit dramatic but I needed my Mustang fix.... sorry Grabber I was on the damn phone with my company for over 2 hours!!!!!!!!!!

Nice Mach1!! Hopefully you find something worth to run with.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:04 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

You wouldnt have that problem at a track, you'll find and race tons of quality cars. I never go out fishing for races on the street, too dangerous these days and not worth it.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:15 AM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 1BAD3V

You wouldnt have that problem at a track, you'll find and race tons of quality cars. I never go out fishing for races on the street, too dangerous these days and not worth it.
^^What he said^^

I never street race.... oh snap was that lightning I just heard????

Ok, truthfully never in traffic and only if the only person who can get hurt is me or the other dummy in the car next to me... but most likely behind me...
Old 04-20-2008, 01:47 PM
buster
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: NotStok

Just a thought......ever think of running on a track?
Old 04-20-2008, 02:10 PM
Projectquick
5th Gear Member

I know how you feel. A few weeks back I was supposed to go to the track with a bunch of kids from my area but the weather ruined the weekend, and now nobody wants to go. I get all types of ricers and beat up old 5.0s trying to race me, but when ever I see something cool I get the thumbs up or the nod but no race.[>:]
Old 04-20-2008, 02:51 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AmericanICON
Head to the track, and you'll get all the races you want!
+1! You can take your pick on what you want to get killed by there! They have 4 bangers all the way up to V10s on most nights that should do the mach in.
Old 04-20-2008, 05:29 PM
NotStok
3rd Gear Member

Oh I do run at the track. I'm not really a street racer, I just play around in safe conditions. It just seems that every car that wants to play...sucks.[&:]

I'm not really putting my car up on a pedastal here, that wasn't my goal, so sorry if it came off like that. I know all about getting my mach done in, haha. Trust me.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:53 AM
craigwhite89gt
2nd Gear Member

I know the feeling bud, had my car done for about 3 months here and i havent had anything, tried to get a C6 Vette yesterday but the 90 year old guy just wasnt interested. Plus when i got some runs they usually found me... when my car was slow

Quick Reply: Ever get frustrated with no quality runs?