Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

SRT-4 VS. EVO IX

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 09:51 PM
Nvr2old32
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: SRT-4 VS. EVO IX

ORIGINAL: cacimar

thanks man, i was pulling away from him very quick thou. It could have been that he did not disclose all his mods to me who knows. The car is half-way of being done but its gonna take some time. kinda felt good though cuz i got destroyed by one of ur kind back when i had my goat lol. By the way yours numbers are [sm=drooldude.gif], what turbo are u running? 50Trim or bigger?
I think if you were pulling away from him pretty quick, then I was wrong to say "I'm surprised you only took him by two cars". In that case, I'd say he was probably about 270-280 at the wheels and you were going to take much more then a two car lead!

Thanks for the props onmy numbers. I'm actually running a Green or 20g-9lt. It's similar to the 50trim but flows just a little less air but has stock like spool (slightly slower then stock but much quicker then the 50trim). I think a lot of my power is related not only to the turbo but also to the AEM, cams, alky injection and 29psi. I can't wait until I build the engine this summer. I'm still on the fence though on whether or not to go with a bigger turbo. I just love the way this turbo feels... How does your turbo feel and do you enjoy the spool characteristics? Isn't your engine a 2.3? < I'm a nubie to Srt-4's.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:58 PM
BicketyBam
5th Gear Member

These are the kind of people that give Evo and STI's bad names: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSNWosbsutA&e

It got pretty quiet in the Evo after that went down.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:30 PM
cacimar
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nvr2old32

ORIGINAL: cacimar

thanks man, i was pulling away from him very quick thou. It could have been that he did not disclose all his mods to me who knows. The car is half-way of being done but its gonna take some time. kinda felt good though cuz i got destroyed by one of ur kind back when i had my goat lol. By the way yours numbers are [sm=drooldude.gif], what turbo are u running? 50Trim or bigger?

I think if you were pulling away from him pretty quick, then I was wrong to say "I'm surprised you only took him by two cars". In that case, I'd say he was probably about 270-280 at the wheels and you were going to take much more then a two car lead!

Thanks for the props onmy numbers. I'm actually running a Green or 20g-9lt. It's similar to the 50trim but flows just a little less air but has stock like spool (slightly slower then stock but much quicker then the 50trim). I think a lot of my power is related not only to the turbo but also to the AEM, cams, alky injection and 29psi. I can't wait until I build the engine this summer. I'm still on the fence though on whether or not to go with a bigger turbo. I just love the way this turbo feels... How does your turbo feel and do you enjoy the spool characteristics? Isn't your engine a 2.3? < I'm a nubie to Srt-4's.
,429 cc 2.4 liters in-line 4 front engine with 87.5 mm bore, 101 mm stroke, 8.1 compression ratio, double overhead cam and four valves per cylinder EDV
29 lbs per square inch is totally sick man, do u have stock internals? I have not been or tested any other turbo car so i dont know about other turbos but my 50trim is a little laggy, but when it spools is scary loud and the car turns into a rocket lol (i found no other way to describe it). you will problably hit 10s with a built engine congrats [sm=icon_cheers.gif][sm=hail.gif]
Old 04-23-2008, 09:40 PM
Nvr2old32
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BicketyBam

These are the kind of people that give Evo and STI's bad names: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSNWosbsutA&e

It got pretty quiet in the Evo after that went down.
That's just sad. I guess the only thing going for me is I'm older (35) so maybe I won't be stereotyped as bad when people see me driving around with my 2 foot wing...
Old 04-23-2008, 09:48 PM
Nvr2old32
2nd Gear Member

,429 cc 2.4 liters in-line 4 front engine with 87.5 mm bore, 101 mm stroke, 8.1 compression ratio, double overhead cam and four valves per cylinder EDV
29 lbs per square inch is totally sick man, do u have stock internals? I have not been or tested any other turbo car so i dont know about other turbos but my 50trim is a little laggy, but when it spools is scary loud and the car turns into a rocket lol (i found no other way to describe it). you will problably hit 10s with a built engine congrats [sm=icon_cheers.gif][sm=hail.gif]
[/quote]

Wow. Sounds like you got a good bottom end to handle all that power your going to be throwing at it! Unfortunatly, I'm still on the stock internals. I've got about 83k on the engine now but it still runs like a champ. I drive the car like grandma though so I'm sure (hoping) it willlast quite a long time. Even when I go to the track, I'll only make 1 or 2 passes and just watch the rest of the night.

I bet that 50trim on your car is scary when you hit boost, almost like going, going and then bam, you get pulled back in your seat quick! That's the one main thing I like about a big turbo! Enjoy that ride and let us know how it feels when your finished with her!
Old 04-23-2008, 10:42 PM
cacimar
5th Gear Member

thanks man, i baby mine to is my DD.