Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

SRT-4 VS. EVO IX

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 01:04 PM
cacimar
5th Gear Member

Default SRT-4 VS. EVO IX

first of all street racing ftl, but i needed to know where my skittle standsperformance wise.

The car is now running half of the fuel mods with fuel return line and still stage 1 injectors and and tuned for now at only 12psi. its base is 315hp for now. 650cc injectors and safc II to be installed soon to maybe run only 15psi and call it a day for now!!!!

I took the skittle to stretch its leg on i-95 not minding my own busisness but rather looking for a fight , and it could not be any bettera sick evo IX flew by me with a loud exhaust. i caught up with him at 50 and downshift to third gear (mind u i heard him downshift but i dtk which gear he was), 3 honks and off we go my skittle literallyripped him a new @ss to that evo i had at least 2-3 cars on him by 110mph, we went again from a 45mph roll and same outcome. We then pulled over at a gas station on boyton beach and he asked "what the hell is under that hood [sm=jawdrop.gif]? i then told him i was running a 50Trim AGP Turbo and supporting mods [sm=happy046.gif]

His mods: Turbo back exhaust, fuel controller, wastegate, boost controller, cai tuned to 21psi making 330 to the wheels. Sick as Evo but he got [sm=owned.gif]
Old 04-20-2008, 01:08 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Default RE: SRT-4 VS. EVO IX

Nice kill, now finish those mods and go LS3 hunting.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:14 PM
cacimar
5th Gear Member

yeah finally got back at them (evos), sure it wasnt my LS1 GTO but who cares. Now im still far from a LS3 especially since im told myself to take it easy on the boost. Now you with your new 50lbs compressor will get the job done!!! Although i heard some to dip in high 11s in stock form.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:20 PM
MrRogers
5th Gear Member

Nice kill
Old 04-20-2008, 02:06 PM
Projectquick
5th Gear Member

330 to the wheels in an awd car sounds pretty potent. Good kill.
Old 04-20-2008, 02:30 PM
cacimar
5th Gear Member

yeah they are preety strong, and their turbo seems to hold more psi than skittles.
Old 04-20-2008, 02:52 PM
mustangcat
Deputy CatDog - To Purr'tect and Explode

Nice kill Cacimer!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't a wastegate decrease power on a stock turbo?
Old 04-20-2008, 02:58 PM
cacimar
5th Gear Member

i dont thinkso, at least on this car u buy a wastegate in order to crank up the boost
Old 04-20-2008, 03:10 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustangcat

Nice kill Cacimer!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't a wastegate decrease power on a stock turbo?
SRT-4s have adjustable wastegate actuators that allow them to hold more boost by adding leverage to the actuator. Our wastegate is built into the exhaust manifold. I believe The evo has the same set-up. He could have had an external blowoff valve.
The turbine-side bypass is the simplest form of boost pressure control. The turbine size is chosen such that torque characteristic requirements at low engine speeds can be met and good vehicle driveability achieved. With this design, more exhaust gas than required to produce the necessary boost pressure is supplied to the turbine shortly before the maximum torque is reached. Therefore, once a specific boost pressure is achieved, part of the exhaust gas flow is fed around the turbine via a bypass. The wastegate which opens or closes the bypass is usually operated by a spring-loaded diaphragm in response to the boost pressure.
Today, electronic boost pressure control systems are increasingly used in modern passenger car diesel and petrol engines. When compared with purely pneumatic control, which can only function as a full-load pressure limiter, a flexible boost pressure control allows an optimal part-load boost pressure setting. This operates in accordance with various parameters such as charge air temperature, degree of timing advance and fuel quality. The operation of the flap corresponds to that of the previously described actuator. The actuator diaphragm is subjected to a modulated control pressure instead of full boost pressure.
[/align]
Boost pressure control of a turbocharged petrol engine by proportional control pressure[/align]
Old 04-20-2008, 03:23 PM
mmm rice
1st Gear Member

i dont know how many srt4s ive seen take an evo from a roll...both are nice cars though.
ive seen too many decent horsepower evos run slow(mid13s) times, and they are awd. But ive seen more srts run slow, but we are fwd.
Nice kill though....
ps....you wont be as easy on your boost as you think....its adicting

Quick Reply: SRT-4 VS. EVO IX