Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Where's that guy here with the NA Saleen... LOL

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 11:16 PM
66FordStang
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Where's that guy here with the NA Saleen... LOL

True,,my buddy raced a GTP and killed it horribly
Old 04-19-2005, 11:47 PM
HIONPSI
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Birdieman4

Stock n/a Saleen's are only just a shade faster than stock gt's. Go race a blown one if you want a good look at his rear bumper.
I've actually ran a S281 before.. just not in my car... it was in my friends GTP and I saw nothing of his bumper.

It's funny yall are telling me how slow my car is... LOL... even your Almighty 03 Cobra better be modded before he even thinks about screwin around over here.

nice kill, but don't be a ***** about it man.
I don't come in here a lot... but the times that I have... he has been the *****.. I was returning the favor now that I knew for a fact those cars were dogs.
Old 04-19-2005, 11:56 PM
dc_mann8
5th Gear Member

so, your GTP is fast enough to take 03 cobras? so ur in 11s? and u think its a big deal u beat a stock NA saleen....thats like me bragging i smoked a geo metro.
Old 04-20-2005, 12:05 AM
Casper98GT
I ♥ Acer

Man I ran one of those things today.... horribly slow! Looks great and I'm sure it handles very well.... but very poor linear acceleration. I mean... I had that thing by 2 car lengths from a 45 roll to 75. Thats pretty bad.
First off.... How is he comming in here and making fun of Saleens???? We ALL know they are stock Gt's Thats a fact we ALL know. He does not im sure. He has been in here before talking about his GTP. SO im not the only one that knows its modded. I dont recall who else posted in that post. But i know i did.

You guys REALLY need to chill out. Im not defending this ja-moke. lol But come on!

I've actually ran a S281 before.. just not in my car... it was in my friends GTP and I saw nothing of his bumper.
<--- This was in responce to Birdie telling you to run a S281 S/C... you already ran a S281. lol. How about a S281E ? Or a S351... Understand now.

As far as asking where the guy with the N/A Saleen is... Maybe he wanted to know what he runs for 1/4 mile times... We dont know what he was thnking. Geez.
Old 04-20-2005, 12:24 AM
HIONPSI
1st Gear Member

I appreciate that Casper... like I said.. I don't come in here a lot... but when I do, I DON'T come in here to start ****. I grew up on Stangs, if I didn't have a family, I'd have one... I just kinda got into it with the guy that owned the NA Saleen.... sorry If I offended anyone, those weren't my intentions.

so, your GTP is fast enough to take 03 cobras? so ur in 11s?

and u think its a big deal u beat a stock NA saleen....thats like me bragging i smoked a geo metro.
I had no clue what they are capable of. I would be lying if I didn't tell you that I was shocked to pull on it as quickly as I did. He stopped and told me the car only made 290hp... at that point I realized it was "like racing a Geo."

I knew there were NA and FI 281's but didn't know there were other's. Of course I have heard of the S351 and NO I don't want any part of that thing... what is the S281E?
Old 04-20-2005, 12:34 AM
757GT
I ♥ Acer

An all motor saleen only makes 275 at the crank. He is lying about 290. Good kill. Most Saleen owners are as erogant as '05 GT owners.
Old 04-20-2005, 01:30 AM
romancer
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: HIONPSI

what is the S281E?
99+ s281 extreme, 445 HP
Old 04-20-2005, 04:30 PM
iwrxit
4th Gear Member

whats a saleen?

kidding, my buddy has one of those blown saleens...but he put a full built motor in it with a huge-r blower. i lick ***** compared to this guy!
Old 04-20-2005, 07:51 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

It's funny yall are telling me how slow my car is... LOL...
No, you're telling us how slow our cars' are...
Man I ran one of those things today.... horribly slow! Looks great and I'm sure it handles very well.... but very poor linear acceleration. I mean... I had that thing by 2 car lengths from a 45 roll to 75. Thats pretty bad.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:11 PM
01GT
I ♥ Acer

You are getting ready to **** birdieman off. You may want to lay off of the Saleens.

Birdie looks like you are getting that 05 Saleen pretty soon. Have you picked out a color?

Quick Reply: Where's that guy here with the NA Saleen... LOL