Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

killed a eclipse

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 01:57 AM
sickspeedgt
3rd Gear Member

Default killed a eclipse

I know it might not be much, but i don't usualy race, i try to go easy on my car except for those race occations. plus if i got beat by a srt4 or something i just couldn't live with myself. but i was on the interstate the other night coming home, and this guy who has a eclipse, its an awesome care, has full body kit, exhaust, rims, screen inside, not sure of his boltons and such, well he flew by me with another eclipse behind him, and i looked at my girl in the passenger side and said, i hate that guy, if you weren't with me i'd chase him and she said "GO AHEAD" so i slowly crept back up with him, passed the eclipse behind him, and slowly pulled up next to him, and then started to barely pass him and he punched it, so i dropped it back in fourth and it was bye bye eclipse, then he ducked off intersate after he was about 1 1/2 car lengths behind, guess he didn't want to race anymore. but thats really the first race i've been in with the exception of my stepbrothers nissan stanza (standard), which is one qick car, it tops out at like 135 but i had too much torque and pulled him in and walked him all the way up to 130. then i had to hit the breaks because red lights come awfully quick at 130 mph. then i walked an 02 chevy vith a vortech v8. So, so far i am 3-0 i pick my matches carefully. just thought i'd share my stories
Old 04-26-2005, 10:02 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

Default RE: killed a eclipse

hahaha! figures he'd get off the next exit. nice kill.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:02 AM
HIONPSI
1st Gear Member

Nice kill.... be VERY careful with DSM's. They can be down right nasty for fairly cheap. Was this a GS or a GST/GSX? Thre are a couple around here that are VERY fast. Trapping in the mid 130's.
Old 04-27-2005, 01:17 AM
sickspeedgt
3rd Gear Member

hell i don't know a damn thing about eclipse's its probably just a plain old slow one made to look fast.
Old 04-27-2005, 02:04 AM
JonBeast

ORIGINAL: HIONPSI

Nice kill.... be VERY careful with DSM's. They can be down right nasty for fairly cheap. Was this a GS or a GST/GSX? Thre are a couple around here that are VERY fast. Trapping in the mid 130's.
Had to be a GS, dropping it into fourth...you wouln't walk a GST/GSX. Mits. turbo 4-banger = 96-98 V8.....I would know, stock for stock I was dead even with my buddies 96 Talon TSI (same engine as mits.)

Good kill, did your girl like it?? I bet she gave you some road head didn't she....
Old 04-27-2005, 02:35 AM
Jimmz
4th Gear Member

HEY i was gonna post this TOO!! I was pickin a fight with this newer Eclipse today coming home from skool and he gave me the nod and I was like COOL NA COOLS!!!! He just took off and I caught up to them and then i was GONE pulled away from him by more than 3 car lengths GOTTA LOVE THAT TORQUE!!! and he just gave up. It had a aluminum wing and exhaust and some decals [:'(]. Im not sure which model it was but it had to be an 04 or an 03... nothin to brag about but still funnay! YEADIDIMEAN@!! And the 98 gst's arent that fast, my uncle bought one (he has like 10 cars THAT HE NEVER DRIVES) and they run like 15's. Which is pretty quick for a 4 banger but nothin to brag about especially since its turbo, and can barely break in the high 14's....
Old 04-27-2005, 02:43 AM
JonBeast

ORIGINAL: Jimmz

HEY i was gonna post this TOO!! I was pickin a fight with this newer Eclipse today coming home from skool and he gave me the nod and I was like COOL NA COOLS!!!! He just took off and I caught up to them and then i was GONE pulled away from him by more than 3 car lengths GOTTA LOVE THAT TORQUE!!! and he just gave up. It had a aluminum wing and exhaust and some decals
Was it a 3rd gen(n/a v6), or one that looks like all the others? I ran a 3rd gen and only put like 3 cars on him, so he would have given you a good run. Must have been a 2nd gen.

ORIGINAL: Jimmz
And the 98 gst's arent that fast, my uncle bought one (he has like 10 cars THAT HE NEVER DRIVES) and they run like 15's. Which is pretty quick for a 4 banger but nothin to brag about especially since its turbo, and can barely break in the high 14's....
Well, in the context of this race, 96-98 GTs run high 14s stock, so they would have been very close if it was a gst. A few exhaust mods(downpipe, test pipe, catback), boost controller, intake, etc.....we're talking low 14s. Those 4-bangers are VERY open to mods. Gsts, gsx's (Talon TSI's)....since they have turbos, they are all about exhaust, so with a full exhaust, we're talking 30+ hp to the wheels. My buddy has a 96 Talon TSI.....so i know some basic stuff, im no expert tho, lol. But turbo 4-bangers are nothing to laugh at.
Old 04-27-2005, 04:45 PM
98gtmustang
2nd Gear Member

i drove a 96 TSI Talon, they're quick and all, but it wasnt really what i expected, after driving that, and now driving my mustang, i think i could take one hands down
Old 04-27-2005, 05:27 PM
JonBeast

ORIGINAL: 98gtmustang

i drove a 96 TSI Talon, they're quick and all, but it wasnt really what i expected, after driving that, and now driving my mustang, i think i could take one hands down
With your mods you would take a stock one....but stock for stock you would be dead even, trust me, me and my buddy in his 96 Talon TSI ran and we were 100% even.
Old 04-27-2005, 10:51 PM
98gtmustang
2nd Gear Member

O i know, i agree, it would be even. i want to race one but havnt had a chance. there are quite a few cars around here i want to run... theres a v6 pony probably an 02 with a chip and he says he has never lost to a GT... and definitly a talon or 2 gen eclipse

Quick Reply: killed a eclipse