Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

My car's a turd

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 08:36 PM
tspence45
4th Gear Member

Default My car's a turd

So, I just feel like letting out a little sadness right now. I had no idea that weight really made that much of a difference when it came to V8's making 300+ lbs of torque. But, I guess I was very wrong. I stopped to talk to my cousin in town a little while ago, and he said he wanted to go for a ride, since he had never riden in the car. I'm used to having people ride in the car, that are probably around 150 lbs, give or take a few. Well, my cousin is about 6'6" and 225, give or take a little. We go out to the country and I get around a corner and mash it in 2nd. Talk about **** slow. I thought maybe I just started a little low for 2nd. So, I take the next corner and drop down to first and hammer it. It seemed like it took forever to get to 100.I had no idea that an extra 200+ lbs would make it feel like such a turd. I felt pretty embarassed too, because he probably is thinking how slow the car is now. It is however, giving me the itch to mod though and encouraging me to fix the other minor problems with the car. lol. I'm gonna go out and see if I can find some ricer to race, to get a little confidence back.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:42 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

Default RE: My car's a turd

you should have made this a poll.. is my car a turd? hahahha!
Old 05-22-2008, 08:45 PM
BicketyBam
5th Gear Member

The first step towards recovery is admitting you have a problem.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:15 PM
Darkcrime
4th Gear Member

dude, I hear ya on that. Everytime I go cruisin (almost everytime) my wife want's to go (which is cool as **** cause she likes cars), but when I race I want her out of there!!! Every little bit helps!
Old 05-22-2008, 09:27 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

well it is a slowmaro!

Old 05-22-2008, 09:40 PM
cacimar
5th Gear Member

Did u fix your headers bolts, i think u were having a problem with an exhaust leak back then. Go a pick on aveos and yaris for now
Old 05-22-2008, 09:41 PM
skitso
3rd Gear Member

thats why i dont have fat friends
j/k guys
but really you have your own car and i wanna race GET OUT!
Old 05-22-2008, 09:49 PM
AmericanICON
3rd Gear Member

This problem is easily solved. Rent a Prius for a week. One week later, your Z28 is magically faster!
Old 05-22-2008, 09:52 PM
tspence45
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cacimar

Did u fix your headers bolts, i think u were having a problem with an exhaust leak back then. Go a pick on aveos and yaris for now
Yeah, I put in a new header bolt last week, and tightened all the others. The exhaust leak proceeded to get worse. The damn AIR fitting on the passenger side header is loose, and I have no way to tighten it. I think I may have a hole in the passengerheader somewhere, but can't see it anywhere. I finally ordered myself a new air filter though. ($50 from Amazon.com ) But, you should see the one on the car now. lol. Plus, the car's been running like crap the past few days, because I decided to try putting 89 octane in it. That was a mistake. I guess I'll just have to deal with paying $4.29/gallon for premium. It'll probably go up again too. I wish I had more money. I'd just go ahead and order my Pacesetter LT's now. Then, I could get rid of that exhaust leak, the AIR pump, and EGR. And I'd free up so much space in the engine compartment, that I could change my plugs and wires. lol
Old 05-22-2008, 09:53 PM
tspence45
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AmericanICON

This problem is easily solved. Rent a Prius for a week. One week later, your Z28 is magically faster!
lol. I wish I still had my old Z24. That'd make me feel better in a hurry. Going from a mid-high 13 second car to a low-mid 15 second car.

Quick Reply: My car's a turd