Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

raced a civic hatch with a gsr 1.8l couldnt beat him:(

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 05:10 AM
86GT 93LX
5th Gear Member

Default RE: raced a civic hatch with a gsr 1.8l couldnt beat him:(

goes to show what u know about mustangs. a 86 gt is a roller motor and its efi multi port 19lb injectors...try a 85 gt, and actually a 85 carbbed makes more power smart guy,lol and its not bone stock. my flywheel was rebalanced meaning someone had the entire motor balanced. trust me a new oem flywheel makes my car shake sooo bad! i learned the hard way when doing everything from the motor on back and a new t5 with racing gears.these where 14 sec cars bone stock i think. i dont have much in mods but i do know this car feels faster than any stock 5.0 i have driven period always has but i have no clue whats been done to it. i just know at 230k i did headgaskets and i had crosshatching in every cylinder wall. and yes i have flat top pistons in it, so heads aint happening unless its trick flow possibly some e7s if they clear or get the pistons valve relief notched well and yes a gsr motor cost about 2k from the import place where i live, not installed either. in trade i would say i prolly paid 500 to get my gt,lol.
i hate long tube headers, and then i would have a usless 3" dia offroad h pipe. but some shortys are in order soon and underdrives from march since summit has em for $49. i cant do a cam unless i switch to mass air, my car is speed density which relies on vacum and a cam messes with vacum. also my valve clearance might not allow for much of a cam anyways. and heads are iffy e7s sometimes work i hear and trick flows are more than what im willing to spend right now. my year does have the weird heads only year to recieve the heart shaped combustion chambers, poor flow i geuss
ORIGINAL: Quick Shot xMLx

ORIGINAL: 86GT 93LX

kinda makes me wanna not drive my mustang anymore though
Why? You have a bone stock carbed 5.0, not exactly the speed demon. Just think about it this way, he dropped probably over 2 grand to swap a motor in so he can HANG with you