Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Ricers Busted On I-485

Old 08-20-2008, 07:33 PM
Prestophocles
1st Gear Member

From what I've seen, the kids that were busted were ricers. It was a bunch of honda civics who lowered their cars w/ mufflers scraping the ground driving down the road. Not every Civic is a ricer, just retards who lower it, and paint their stock rims black and get a loud muffler and says I have 500 horses.

And btw to all the import drivers out there, I had a 05 350Z that would have smoked my 'stang but some kid decided that going 70 in a 35 was all good, especially when he drove his pickup through my parked car. I still had 30 day tags on it.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:30 PM
Red Turbo Integra
4th Gear Member

[/QUOTE]And btw to all the import drivers out there, I had a 05 350Z that would have smoked my 'stang but some kid decided that going 70 in a 35 was all good, especially when he drove his pickup through my parked car. I still had 30 day tags on it.[/QUOTE]

Ouch, that fuxkn hurts. Hope you had Gap coverage.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:07 PM
Prestophocles
1st Gear Member

Believe me, sad day, had a funeral for it and everything.

Gap Coverage FTW!!!
Old 08-21-2008, 12:11 AM
avlon06
5th Gear Member

getting busted for DWB...sucks haha
Old 08-21-2008, 05:36 PM
shawnk007
2nd Gear Member

Still got your job??? Keep buying imported.....
Old 08-21-2008, 05:39 PM
WRXtranceformed
5th Gear Member

Ha 485 would actually be the perfect highway for high speed racing, especially out that way. It's wide open, straight and there aren't too many places for cops to hide. Dumb kids though. Nobody ever tries to race me around Ballantyne really, but I've seen some pretty bad *** rides. Mostly rich old dudes
Old 08-21-2008, 05:44 PM
Prestophocles
1st Gear Member

That's where all the money is in Charlotte anyways, lol, and Dilworth of course. I've seen a Ford GT, Enzo, and 2 Murcielago's there. None of them would trade cars w/ me though.

I wonder why ...
Old 08-21-2008, 06:44 PM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Prestophocles
From what I've seen, the kids that were busted were ricers. It was a bunch of honda civics who lowered their cars w/ mufflers scraping the ground driving down the road. Not every Civic is a ricer, just retards who lower it, and paint their stock rims black and get a loud muffler and says I have 500 horses.

And btw to all the import drivers out there, I had a 05 350Z that would have smoked my 'stang but some kid decided that going 70 in a 35 was all good, especially when he drove his pickup through my parked car. I still had 30 day tags on it.

+1, my 1st sport car was an fwd 222hp 3000GT, & I loved it. However when I was stuck@ a red light w/ a 03/04 termi, I kept my mouth shut (unlike ricers). For the must case, a ricer is a type of car however it's starting to be the type of driver also. My def of a ricer car (normally a jap car) is a vehicle made to look fast (& ugly), but turns out to be slow, very slow. A typical ricer drive tends to be a young (teen) driver who knows nothing about cars and believes their 17 sec car to be very fast and have a attitude.

I have a perfect example of a ricer drive a while back when I was at atco raceway in Jersey. It was test and tune night @ the track where there was this kid w/ a 06 civic SI (I've driven one, there nice cars) w/ the typical carbon fiber hood, intake, etc. I noticed he had a shirt on w/ the pony symbol on it and on the back said mustang going down the side and saying something along the lines Mustang r Show...And No Go or something along the lines. I can over hear this kid talking how he walks so many mustangs all the time and bla bla. Now mind you I have a 06 GT w/ just a cat back when must guys @ that attend atco raceway w/ s197 have whipples, and kb's. Sure enough on are first pass we line up and I run a 13.5 and he runs a 14.2.... and yes, I trapped higher then the civic.

So tell me how are you going to show up to a RACE TRACK w/ that kind of shirt on and not even be able to beat the must updated STOCK Mustang.

ps- a lot of Jap car makers are open or have open factories in the good US OF A. So I would not say buying a import is not supporting are economy.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:14 AM
fatmatt88lx
1st Gear Member

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/R...nny_164620.htm

This comedian is right on the money about ricers.

I have no problem with a quality built import. But its those kids who take their parents old civic, strip out the entire interior, add a monster tach, stick the biggest, loudest exhaust on it and think its a race car who ruin it for everyone.

Even my friends with imports agree that its those kids who saw fast and the furious and immediately thought they had race cars who are the problem. My buddy had a civic that ran a 13.1 and it was a decent car.

That's great and all, but in my opinion you cant beat the massive amount of torque that a V8 has. In addition, you can pick up a 13sec mustang for 3-4000. How much do you have to spend to make a 4cyl get down to that time?
Old 08-22-2008, 11:59 AM
blackS197
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cacimar
i wouldnt call all civics ricers, there re some bad@ss civic that would Tear you a new one. Its just matter of preference. And please dont come with the smart argument "Yeah they can be fast but at the end of the day still a civic" Why dont we just respect every other performance car like you would like others to respect yours even if it is slow

Btw this post was addressed to no-body lol

I agree. Some people can be so ignorant sometimes. I love all cars. I live in so cal so most of the cars that are tuned are imports. I still go to Hot Import Nights in my mustang and party it up.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ricers Busted On I-485