Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

SRT4 vs. 2008 Roush Speedster w/SC

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 04:42 PM
05_SRT4_Tony
2nd Gear Member

Default SRT4 vs. 2008 Roush Speedster w/SC

I was hanging out last night with a few friends when we all noticed a really nice Mustang 'Vert go by. As he left the light I heard the whine! I hopped in my car and gave chase. I had no intention of running but getting him to come back and let us see the car. I caught up and invited him over. It was a younger guy (Later I found out he was 18) and his father. They followed me back and they were from Tennesee. It was a Limited production car (100 made) and was decked out in Alcantara leather, orange stripes, ground effects, and after the hood was popped, a Roushcharger!

After about an hour of talking and hearing about all the cars he beat along the way, I said I wanted to run. The father looked at the son and said "Lets go".

We headed out to the hwy and went from a 40mph roll. I honked it off and we both left at the same time! To my surprise, I PULLED ON HIM!! I put him back to my bumper by the end of second. I power shifted into third and pulled a few more feet! I couldn't believe it. As I came up to the end of third, he pulled back to my rear bumper! Now came 4th! From 90mph-120 I slowly pulled away! Shifted to 5th and continued to pull and then shut down at 135mph. WHAT A RUSH!

The second race was closer due to me starting in 3rd@50mph. He put a car on me instantly but I then pulled back as speeds increased.

We went back to the mall and everyone was surprised with the outcome. We both exchanged thumbs up and good jobs and all hung out for a while longer. Really cool guys and an AWESOME car! Looked amazing and sounded great.

Now, before anyone calls BS, this was a perfect example of power-to-weight ratio. This Roush was an auto 'Vert with about 450lbs worth of people in it(father and son). My car was empty with myself and a 120lb friend in it (that's how I kept up with the distance during the race).

Oh, and from a dig, I would have been toast! That thing had tons of traction!

Later guys!
Old 09-28-2008, 05:38 PM
racin66coupe
5th Gear Member

wow! nice run! those verts can be heavy...
Old 09-28-2008, 05:46 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

I didn't look up the weight on the roush but it must really be a tank. It's not often a car with ruffly 260 to the wheels takes out a car with 370 to the wheels.
Old 09-28-2008, 06:33 PM
drhoward
Penis Mod Erator

nice race man, those roushes make that much to the wheels?
Old 09-28-2008, 07:00 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Yep looked up their specs and they make 435 crank HP. I still can't find there weight anywhere but I assume there heavier than a Standard GT vert. With the bigger brakes, body kit etc.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:46 PM
racin66coupe
5th Gear Member

well verts in general are fairly heavy..... thats all they make? i thought they made ATLEAST 400 to the wheels...
Old 09-28-2008, 10:18 PM
drhoward
Penis Mod Erator

ya I thought it was more too, I would imagine a vert with all that stuff on it would weigh quite a bit more than a standard s197
Old 09-28-2008, 11:09 PM
cacimar
5th Gear Member

Def heavier than a GT by adding body kits, bigger wheels etc, add 200+ for being a conv. + 450lbs of drivers + automatic not good from a roll. These cars are amazing at handling though and from a stop they are quicker than Saleen's GT. Good kill dude\
Old 09-28-2008, 11:51 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Yea, that race went exactly as I woulda figured given the OP's setup. In fact, I woulda expected a slightly more definitive victory from the Skittle. The Roush's typically don't fair as well as dragsters from what I've seen, and the vert would probably fair even worse. Good kill.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:55 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

get a stage 2 on that bad boy.
(-:

the most fun I ever had was in my stage 2 skittle/needswings dp..quick car indeed!~

Quick Reply: SRT4 vs. 2008 Roush Speedster w/SC