Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

New PB Trap speed but worst times!! (EVO)

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 08:43 PM
Nvr2old32
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 72MachOne99GT
You douche nozzle....

How about next time you're going to go to a strip where there might be people to meet, you post up!

I didnt know anyone else on this site went to Muncie.

Is your EVO white? An Evo VIII? and there was another evo viii that you ran against a few times? and at the end of the night, you were parked next to each other by the concessions?

i mean, cause i wasnt there staring at the two evos all night or anything... lol

I had the blue '99 GT, and I was parked on the left as you got toward the second set of bleachers next to a red '99 GT convertable..actually, right across from the DJ and ****ters
Sorry about that man. This was my first time to Muncie. I usually go up to Osceola and run. I'll have to look you up next season. Yep, my Evo was the white one and an VIII. I ran against another white Evo RS. If you saw, that was the run I played catch up with him after he out launched me (my 2.6 60') and I trapped 126.

I saw a few Mustangs out there. I saw one running really well, had a super charger I believe. That wasn't you was it?
Old 10-04-2008, 08:46 PM
Nvr2old32
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
+1. With that kind of boost PSI your really going to have to pinch down on the spark plug gap. Also are you running a colder plug? You could probably get away with 2 steps colder than stock. If it's not the plugs, It's probably whatever your tuning your fuel with. Might be dumping to much fuel when you go wide open throttle.
I'm going to try some new plugs tomorrow and see what happens. It would be nice if this was the case. The only thing that doesn't make sense is that once I'm past 4psi and at full throttle, the car pulls like a champ with zero hicups. Just wierd to only get this issue down low. The car does have two fuel pumps and 1000cc injectors. I do have a hunch it has something to do with the fuel delivery.
Old 10-04-2008, 09:47 PM
Red Turbo Integra
4th Gear Member

I'd say your probably running to rich on the bottom end. Sounds like it's a tunning issue to me. I don't know anything about tunning a car though, but I don't think it's a a boost leak. Maybe wastegate stuck open like WRXtransformed said. That would make sense since after like 5 psi it picks up. The only thing with that is, your running many PSI of boost, you'd think that it wouldn't get any better untill a good ways into it.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:18 PM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

Originally Posted by Nvr2old32
Sorry about that man. This was my first time to Muncie. I usually go up to Osceola and run. I'll have to look you up next season. Yep, my Evo was the white one and an VIII. I ran against another white Evo RS. If you saw, that was the run I played catch up with him after he out launched me (my 2.6 60') and I trapped 126.

I saw a few Mustangs out there. I saw one running really well, had a super charger I believe. That wasn't you was it?
Nah, I'm just a slow n/a bolt on car..

there was a stock Mach 1 running 13.9's
a s197 running 14.0's +
a few GT's like mine running high high 13's, some in the 14's
a 03-04 cobra going 12.5@120
and I finially got my 225 hp GT to a 13.6@100 with a 1.85 60'
Old 10-05-2008, 07:25 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

don't give up..at least your transfer case survived the night.

my friend has a built evo 8 similar to yours and that thing is a serious monster..though he also has traction issues at that power level.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:18 PM
Nvr2old32
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for all the support guys. I probably won't give up but it sure is frustrating. When you look at all the money you dump into a car and have nights like this, all I can think of is grabbing a beer and just watching.

I changed out the plugs this morning. I made a few posts on Evom and made sure I had the right plugs. They are a colder plug. I'm still having the issue though. I'll get on the phone with my tuner tomorrow and then send some logs. Hopefully he can fix the issue without me having to drive 3 1/2 hours. I got my fingers crossed.
Old 10-05-2008, 11:59 PM
Red Turbo Integra
4th Gear Member

Good luck man. Hope he can help you.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:32 AM
WRXtranceformed
5th Gear Member

I know how you feel man. When I had the engine finished on my old STi I went through about 4 different engine management options in order to get the car to idle right. It would just not find idle without a standalone because of the cams and the extra displacement. It sucks having to go through issues with tuning but it's worth it once it gets all sorted out.

Plus it's not like you're a bad driver or anything, you've already posted up some sick times for the power you had. Chalk this one up to a test and tune and get ready to attack the track again once you get the car sorted
Old 10-06-2008, 07:18 PM
Nvr2old32
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by WRXtranceformed
I know how you feel man. When I had the engine finished on my old STi I went through about 4 different engine management options in order to get the car to idle right. It would just not find idle without a standalone because of the cams and the extra displacement. It sucks having to go through issues with tuning but it's worth it once it gets all sorted out.

Plus it's not like you're a bad driver or anything, you've already posted up some sick times for the power you had. Chalk this one up to a test and tune and get ready to attack the track again once you get the car sorted
Thanks man. It looks like you've been through the same as me. Your right, it is frustrating. Before this build, the idle on my car sucked really bad. I could come out of gear and the rpms would fall and the car would die. Just sitting at a light, the idle would fluctuate from 500 to 1700. I never could get it worked out. Now, for some reason with even bigger cams and the new build, the car idles like it was stock. I can't figure out what they did but it's perfect.

I just sent a log to my tuner so I'm hoping he'll have some fixes for me and all I'll need to do is upload it to the car tomorrow and run perfect! Fingers crossed!