Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

DSM Vehicles

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 07:16 PM
coop7
3rd Gear Member

Seriously...
Wut forum is OT?
I LOVE f*ckin with ignorant ppl!
It gives me somethin to do durin class...
:-)

-Coop
Old 11-19-2008, 07:18 PM
TRBOPWR
4th Gear Member

...It's the Off Topic on this forum. lol
Old 11-24-2008, 07:42 PM
sethalot
2nd Gear Member

never raced a awd version but my stock starion will smoke the fwd turbo's around here
Old 03-04-2009, 09:53 AM
JayRolla
1st Gear Member

Man there was a lot of lies and crap said about these cars. I have a 400whp DSM at 30+psi on a stock longblock with no issues and very reliable. I will be throughing on an hx40 soon and hoping to break 500whp on the stock block.

The 4g63T has won tons of competitions for making the most HP on a stock block. The weak point is the rod bolts and they sometimes make it to 600whp no issues.

If anyone wants real answers about these cars ask them here. I would be glad to answer. Hope I can get me a mustang soon enough for my RWD heart.

Last edited by JayRolla; 03-04-2009 at 09:59 AM.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:19 AM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

Originally Posted by JayRolla
Man there was a lot of lies and crap said about these cars. I have a 400whp DSM at 30+psi on a stock longblock with no issues and very reliable. I will be throughing on an hx40 soon and hoping to break 500whp on the stock block.

The 4g63T has won tons of competitions for making the most HP on a stock block. The weak point is the rod bolts and they sometimes make it to 600whp no issues.

If anyone wants real answers about these cars ask them here. I would be glad to answer. Hope I can get me a mustang soon enough for my RWD heart.

well first off the first bold has nothing to do with anything due to the fact your rotating assembly is your "shortblock".... which I doubt is stock on a car that is pushing 30PSI through an obviously aftermarket fuel system and turbo... because yes, a 14B is pushing nothing but hot air at that PSI

next, good luck with that... a stock talon is not going to hold those power levels on it's stock bottom end, sure the block itself may be strong but there are little things called pistons and connecting rods that will fail way before the power levels you speak of... at least if you plan on driving it every day

Last edited by Morbid Intentions; 03-04-2009 at 11:34 AM.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:24 AM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

DSM
Definitely **** Motors
Attached Images  
Old 03-04-2009, 11:37 AM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

Originally Posted by USMCrebel
DSM
Definitely **** Motors
I wouldn't say sh!tty, they have their problems like any other car.. if kept care of and modded tright they were nice performers... just kids got ahold of them and were like "HEY PSI!" and hit fuel cut trying to push 19PSI on the stock fuel system... thus giving the cars a bad name and image

they are pretty cool when modded right, but good luck finding a decent one that wasn't beat on

but 500WHP on the stock bottom end through a 1G talon is just suicide... that's like pushing 1,000WHP through a terminator with no cooling mods because the internals are forged and "they can handle it"

Last edited by Morbid Intentions; 03-04-2009 at 11:43 AM.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:40 AM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

lol...
i know it, i will give the 4g credit where it is due though. once built it's a stout motor, but it takes 3 first born children to get it there
Old 03-05-2009, 12:34 PM
drhoward
Penis Mod Erator

Good thing this thread was revised
Old 03-05-2009, 12:54 PM
JayRolla
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Morbid Intentions
well first off the first bold has nothing to do with anything due to the fact your rotating assembly is your "shortblock".... which I doubt is stock on a car that is pushing 30PSI through an obviously aftermarket fuel system and turbo... because yes, a 14B is pushing nothing but hot air at that PSI

next, good luck with that... a stock talon is not going to hold those power levels on it's stock bottom end, sure the block itself may be strong but there are little things called pistons and connecting rods that will fail way before the power levels you speak of... at least if you plan on driving it every day
Well first off the LONGBLOCK is stock other than a 3 angle grind on the head and a multi layer steel head gasket for the higher boost. Head, rods, pistons, rings, crank are all original mistubishi. Now fuel and turbo are bolts on and have nothing to do with the longblock.

The turbo is a 16g off the stock evo 3 lancer and it is pushing hot air but thats where the e85 comes in play.

Now the car has been daily driven for over 1 year on e85 at 30psi and dynoed 400whp. Now tell me why it hasnt failed.

Also many people run 550whp no problems stock longblock for many of drag seasons. These motors are real capable.

Quick Reply: DSM Vehicles