Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

04 cobra vs civic hatch gsr swap

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 06:59 PM
cant_you_beat_me
2nd Gear Member

Default 04 cobra vs civic hatch gsr swap

i dont know why but for some reason i am getting alot of races lately well only 2 but thats alot for me. i pull into the abc store to get ready for tomm night and as i pull in i see a integra and a civic hatch sitting there. the abc store is next to a waffle house and i see a guy come out to the integra as i am backing the car in. so i throw a lil rev enough for him to hear my s/c. so when i return out the store i see 5 people and the first thing they ask is if thats my cobra i say yes. then he asks do i want to run the civic hatch lol.. so now i am left wondering. i ask whats done turbo or motor swap. he sais the hatch has a gsr swap with bolt ons and the integra has a type r swap (untunned). They tell me the hatch is faster than the integra. i ask what it runs at the track and he sais should be high 13's. so i ask what he has beat before and he replys a evo, sti and a 04 gt all from a roll and he beat the gt bad. as cold as it was i diddnt want to race cause i spin to much under 50 mph so i told him maybe some other time. 10 min later when were all leaving i ask what way hes going and turns out hes heading the same way. so i tell him i will give him 1 run lol i cant resist. so we line up at 50mph i guess thats a good spot for him cause i let him choose the speed. i was thinking about just leaving it in third but i said screw it and went in second. so i let him jump first and ofcource i spin the rest of the way through second gear pulling away about half a car and when i catch third and quit spinning i start to pull hard on him pretty fast. after were done he sais i have a fast car and we go our seperate ways.

anyways i got a few questions. is he really only running high 13's? i know evo's and sti's arent monsters from a roll but i figured if he ran high 13's they would have pulled him and i dont think he woulda killed the gt. but luckily for me i am retarted when it comes to honda's and acura's so i was clueless.

04 cobra vert
Pulley
Tune
Old 12-30-2008, 07:23 PM
89LX Coupe
4th Gear Member

First off good kill none the less. I could be possible for it to run high13's just the trap might be a lil bit higher maybe around 103-107. So from a roll I could see it beating the evo, sti, the gt pretty bad.

Just as a reference my buddy on his OLD set up had a built B16 hatch ebay 57 trim turbo and a few other thing and on street tires he went 8.8's@88-89 and pulled 13.31@108 with a 2.1-2.2 60' that was on 9psi untuned. Now the car has ran 7.05@105.4 w/ 1.79 60' in the 1/8 making 416whp and 250wtq.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:14 PM
Red Turbo Integra
4th Gear Member

High 13s seems pretty realistic.I'm thinking with some tires and seat time he could maybe hit mid 13s too. I can see a GSR swapped civic hatch beating EVOs, STIs and GTs, on a roll as long as they're stockish.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:21 PM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

WHoahahahahh!~~~~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD_6CH-YUdc

::cough::

OMG LOOK OUUUUT!

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ideoID=8699051

::clears throat::

uhhh yeah, the GSR swaps aren't anything special... I wrote up a kill story on a bolt on teggy with a GSR swap in my lincoln LS :-/

if all he had was a GSR swap I'd say he would be good for high 14's.... gutted and bolt on's? MAYBE 13's... doubtful without slicks though
Old 12-30-2008, 08:33 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Tegs are high 14's low 15 second cars stock right? I doubt the couple hundred pounds you'd save dropping that engine into a civic should turn it into a 13 second car.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:50 PM
89LX Coupe
4th Gear Member

Sorry again for some fing reason I thought the sum bi*** was boosted. All motor with bolt ons it's a whole lot hard to be in the high 13's and out running evo's sti's and gt stangs. can be done no doubt but a whole lot of money and a lot more time.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:09 PM
Red Turbo Integra
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
Tegs are high 14's low 15 second cars stock right? I doubt the couple hundred pounds you'd save dropping that engine into a civic should turn it into a 13 second car.
No, it won't shave off a lot, but with full bolt-ons and tires I can see it doing 13s. More probable if he did some weight reduction.

Here's a vid of a guy with just a motor swap, Slicks and Type R cams going 14.05. If he had full bolt ons I'm sure he would have gone into the 13s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3BsUgCakFE

Last edited by Red Turbo Integra; 12-30-2008 at 09:39 PM.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:40 PM
Projectquick
5th Gear Member

I doubt with just a GSR swap the kid is going to run 13s. I know RTI knows his **** when it comes to hondas but the car you posted is running low 14s at 96 mph with a different set of cams, no way that car is going to win in a roll against any EVO, STI, or even manual new edge, unless all the drivers are retarded. Last I saw stock Evos, STIs, and new edges were at least trapping 99+ mph in the 1/4.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:58 PM
Red Turbo Integra
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Projectquick
I doubt with just a GSR swap the kid is going to run 13s. I know RTI knows his **** when it comes to hondas but the car you posted is running low 14s at 96 mph with a different set of cams, no way that car is going to win in a roll against any EVO, STI, or even manual new edge, unless all the drivers are retarded. Last I saw stock Evos, STIs, and new edges were at least trapping 99+ mph in the 1/4.
Can't say for sure, and I guess I'm going out on a limb, but I'm gonna say it's possible. If I read correctly in the OPs post, the kid had a swap and bolt ons. The vid is just for referance that the swap with cams and tires got pretty close to the 13s, and if he had full bolt ons and a tune could have gone into the 13s. Anyhow, as we all know, anything can happen on the street, and that beating an STI or an EVO which if IIRC, run low 13s at the track due mostly to a killer launch, and a GT which is about a high 13 car (older ones are in mid 14s correct? And the op didn't specify which year) I don't believe it to be a huge streatch that he beat those cars on a roll, especially when the EVO and STI don't have the huge advantage off the line. Maybe I'm off base, but just my two pennys.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:55 PM
Projectquick
5th Gear Member

I'm looking at the trap speed for these roll races. The older gts are high 13 low 14 second cars when driven properly but trap 99+mph. EVOs and STIs while haveing great launches because of the AWD still trap at about 101-103 IIRC, I can't see a car trapping at least 4 mph less than the others winning in a roll race.

Quick Reply: 04 cobra vs civic hatch gsr swap