Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Can i beat a slightly modded 05' 350Z manual?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 10:42 PM
drhoward
Penis Mod Erator

I really like the looks of the 370z, and from what I have read it is a few pounds lighter than the previous model

road and track has it listed at 3175 pounds, the previous models were around 3215

So it has more hp/tq, is faster, lighter, looks better (in my opinion), and costs about the same

But the car is complete pos of course
Old 01-09-2009, 12:13 AM
scg87
5th Gear Member

Wink

^ The lightest new 370 is something like 40lbs less than the lightest 350. The added displacement was nice, but they really should've just stuffed a boosted 3.0~ in there honestly. These new VQ and VH series engines are just a little bit edgy when it comes to FI due to their high CR and relatively thin cylinder walls. Nissan knows all the big Z enthusiasts boost their cars anyways, so why not due it from the factory???

Also, price went up about 2K, and they're gonna have hella markups on them since they just came out.

For everything 1 thing they supposedly 'fixed', they screwed four or five more. They finally took away the akward jack-o-lantern front bumper, only to replace it w/ that gaping monstrosity on the new one. I think the new 370Z will end all the catfish jokes 4th gen Camaro guys get.

They made the car shorter and wider, but bulkier, so it actually looks bigger. They replaced the previous Brembo setup w/ Akebono's. The angular A pillar looks severe. The 240Z wannabe quarter glass is a disaster. The new interior might be better quality, but is aesthetically disappointing. If I'm worried about having a ritzy interior in my ride, I'll buy a luxury car, not a sports car. Oh, and I thought there was no way they could make the big-*** silver door handles look any worse, but boy was I wrong. The headlights and taillights look pretty cool, but the rest of the car is a serious letdown. I'll reserve final judgement for when I actually drive one, but let's just say I'm not rushing out to trade my GTO in on one.

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
I kinda like the new 370Z.

Call me biased, but I'd rather save some money, buy a used 350, put twins on it, and rape the hell out of that 370 all day long.....
Old 01-09-2009, 01:09 AM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

SC has spoken.......he don't like the damn 370. That's the end of it fellas.

How ya been man? Long time since I've seen you post (of course, I'm not around much these days)
Old 01-09-2009, 08:56 AM
drhoward
Penis Mod Erator

I'm not telling you to sell all of your personal belongings and run out and buy one, but this model is faster than the previous and just as nice, you claimed they completed ****ed it up which they didn't

Besides alot of car manufacturers don't build their cars so they can be modified, 99% of z owners out there are going to keep their cars bone stock and are more than happy with 320 hp

You could say that ford should drop the 4.6 and go with a boosted v6 since everyone who wants to make power out of a mustang ends up boosting them anyways, so whats the difference?
Old 01-09-2009, 10:51 AM
ripped camel
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by tk5075
o and i have the full exhaust too, just check my signature
You have full exhaust? What type of headers do you have because they are not listed in your sig.

I think it will be a good race if she truly can drive good. Plus, I'm assuming since she's a girl that she weighs less than you, so a bit of a weight advantage too (assuming she probably is 50-75lbs less than you, which although isn't a lot, every little bit helps). My bet is if you can launch you'll pull her out of the hole because that's what Mustangs are best known for, then she'll play catch up and even it out with you.

But I'm no expert by any means. This is solely my educated guess. I could be way off which wouldn't make my guess to educated HAHA! Race her and let us know!

Oh, and no gay roll racing! Do a straight up race from a dig!

Last edited by ripped camel; 01-09-2009 at 10:54 AM.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:13 PM
scg87
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ThisBlood147
SC has spoken.......he don't like the damn 370. That's the end of it fellas.

How ya been man? Long time since I've seen you post (of course, I'm not around much these days)

Pretty good. Nice to have some freedom now after 8+ months w/out it. Anyways, where's all the old regulars like Morbid, Bickety, C6, 1BAD3V, and the like?????
Old 01-09-2009, 01:19 PM
scg87
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by drhoward
I'm not telling you to sell all of your personal belongings and run out and buy one, but this model is faster than the previous and just as nice, you claimed they completed ****ed it up which they didn't

Besides alot of car manufacturers don't build their cars so they can be modified, 99% of z owners out there are going to keep their cars bone stock and are more than happy with 320 hp

You could say that ford should drop the 4.6 and go with a boosted v6 since everyone who wants to make power out of a mustang ends up boosting them anyways, so whats the difference?

Easy there tiger. As I said in my post, it is my own personal opinion that the new 370Z is mediocre at best. GO to the Z boards, and there's more than a few who share my views.

And nowhere near 99% of Z owners leave their cars stock, trust me. As for the Stang's modular V8's, no, I don't think they should be replaced w/ boosted 6's. V8's are a part of their heritage. And unlike the Z's sixer, the GT's 4.6 actually has pretty good bolt-on potential....
Old 01-09-2009, 04:03 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by scg87
Pretty good. Nice to have some freedom now after 8+ months w/out it. Anyways, where's all the old regulars like Morbid, Bickety, C6, 1BAD3V, and the like?????
They're still around, but like myself.......just not as frequent. I've only recently started coming back to the ole S/S myself after a few months hiatus.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:48 PM
Hlistr_07RR
I always jizz first

Originally Posted by drhoward

And +1 to pictures of your sister
With her car
Old 01-10-2009, 01:10 AM
NotStok
3rd Gear Member

Seriously?

Go win.

Quick Reply: Can i beat a slightly modded 05' 350Z manual?