Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

04 Cobra vs 99 Civic SI

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 10:51 AM
Big50
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by gburke1
There is also a high probability the kid is lying :P
+1. It takes a lot of work to put 520 hp into a civic. But, then again why would he want to race you and get destroyed if he doesn't
Old 02-26-2009, 11:31 AM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

Originally Posted by Big50
+1. It takes a lot of work to put 520 hp into a civic. But, then again why would he want to race you and get destroyed if he doesn't
not as much as you would think.
forged guts in an h22+big turbo and a 150 shot = cake walk
Old 02-26-2009, 11:57 AM
GrnBullitt08
5th Gear Member

it should be a decent race but I'm gonna give it to you. We will see if the kid is actually cranking out that 500hp he claims.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:43 PM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

even with the cobra's almost = power i think the honda if it has the said 500whp will win.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:52 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

guys stay on topic please
Old 02-26-2009, 09:04 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

I think this SI is probably technically faster considering he's making that much power in a much lighter car, but his FWD is going to devastate his chances of winning if he doesn't have some sticky tires, suspension, and whatever else it takes to keep a high HP FWD car stuck to the road. If he ever does get that thing to hook, the OP is going to see taillights!
Old 02-26-2009, 11:24 PM
Mustang_Joe
2nd Gear Member

Bowling Club FTMFW! I was in that in high school and it was the easiest sport I played, nice to play a chill sport and kick back from the usual basketball, soccer, baseball, etc for part of the year.

Back on topic:
99 SI's put out 160bhp stock. To hit even 400bhp he would need at least $10k in parts the car and that's need even talking about built transmission, suspension, tires, wheels, labor, or built front axle?. How old is the person you are racing? I find it hard to believe that someone in high school or early early 20's would have the money to do all this unless they are living with mom and dad, work **** load of hrs, and don't pay for their car insurance. It seems way to costly to build a 500hp si with this engine to me with supporting stuff. My guess is this is bs or someone trying to be king of the ricers... lol
Old 02-26-2009, 11:39 PM
mustangcat
Deputy CatDog - To Purr'tect and Explode

Originally Posted by Mustang_Joe
Bowling Club FTMFW! I was in that in high school and it was the easiest sport I played, nice to play a chill sport and kick back from the usual basketball, soccer, baseball, etc for part of the year.

Back on topic:
99 SI's put out 160bhp stock. To hit even 400bhp he would need at least $10k in parts the car and that's need even talking about built transmission, suspension, tires, wheels, labor, or built front axle?. How old is the person you are racing? I find it hard to believe that someone in high school or early early 20's would have the money to do all this unless they are living with mom and dad, work **** load of hrs, and don't pay for their car insurance. It seems way to costly to build a 500hp si with this engine to me with supporting stuff. My guess is this is bs or someone trying to be king of the ricers... lol
My thoughts exactly.
if the kids legitimate about his mods, I think he'll slaughter you.
Cars as light as Civics don't take much power to be fast.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:19 AM
MAD SVT
4th Gear Member

i think he's bs'ing you... he probably added up the he hp gains on each box of bolt ons haha...
i had a 2000 si.. built motor w/ 80 shot.. only put down about 225-235 and i was running an average of 13.6 in the 1/4 on street tires.
I could actually pull on my own Termi when my gf was driving the cobra haha
If this guy has 400+hp youre going to lose my friend.

I dont miss the rice, but i sure do miss the 9k rpm powerband..
Old 02-27-2009, 05:14 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
I think this SI is probably technically faster considering he's making that much power in a much lighter car, but his FWD is going to devastate his chances of winning if he doesn't have some sticky tires, suspension, and whatever else it takes to keep a high HP FWD car stuck to the road. If he ever does get that thing to hook, the OP is going to see taillights!
I agree with everything above. Go from a dig and make him outdrive you not just have a better power to weight ratio than you. I've yet to see a kid launch a front drive car with any kind of power and not sit and spin for 3 seconds.

Quick Reply: 04 Cobra vs 99 Civic SI