Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Finally some challenges (SRT-4, SS on spray, Supercharged G35)

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 01:14 AM
vashthe3rd
2nd Gear Member

Default Finally some challenges (SRT-4, SS on spray, Supercharged G35)

I got home from vacation with my best friend on saturday night, my dad surprised me by getting my new drilled/slotted rotors installed while I was away, and picked me up in my car. (after a week of enjoying the feeling of the turbo himself) So I'm coming back home on the long highway when I see a pair of lights dart into my lane behind me. I merge over a lane to let this guy pass, he seems to be in a hurry.
He pulls next to me instead, I guess he saw my gauges, or smelled the cold fuel or something. So we do the looks, etc. I look over and it just looks like a base of basic SRT-4's. I turn to my dad and ask what he wants me to do, and he says "kick his ***"
So I had left it on 8 psi, and we go, we stay even a little but a car got in our way so we didn't get a good run. My dad asks if we're on max, so I turn it all the way up and turn up the music a little. We line it up and he keeps yelling 40, but he stayed at 60 mph, so I can only assume he meant 40 psi....at least I hope he was on 40#....which got me a little excited, he honked it off, we go and I pull half a car ahead before we had to shut it down. Mind you this was with the additional weight of my dad (I'm skinny but I've got a big family), and all my luggage, so I figure 300-350 lbs. over-weight....it put a smile on our faces.

Later that night I was leaving to hang out with friends coming up the highway and I see an SS with exhaust tips ahead of me, we get even and slow down to what I think was 45-50 mph. and then he just guns it, I already had boost in kill mode, and I spun a pretty good amount before blasting past him. He said spray but I couldn't tell how big of a shot he was saying, he definitely pulled like he wasn't stock though.

Lastly, a supercharged G35 kept weaving through traffic caused by an on-ramp yesterday, once we got into a straight line, I was a good bus or two back while he was WOT, I floor it and quickly pass him in a very comical fashion.

If I don't get a set of DR's soon so I can hit the track I'm going to get in trouble
I can at least say there was plenty of room all 4 directions for all but the SRT-4 (mostly because I didn't think it was going to take that long) but it was good to FINALLY go against something that wasn't a piece of crap.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:30 AM
Red Turbo Integra
4th Gear Member

What all is done to your car? I know it's turbo, but what else? What are you putting down? You know, if you set up your garage, we won't have to ask you these questions . Would have thought the Camaro on spray would have put up more of a fight, same thing with the SRT although I deffinatly see you winning that one, but the G35 is a tank, even SC'd, I don't think it could hang with you.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:17 AM
2000AZ5.0GT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Red Turbo Integra
What all is done to your car? I know it's turbo, but what else? What are you putting down? You know, if you set up your garage, we won't have to ask you these questions . Would have thought the Camaro on spray would have put up more of a fight, same thing with the SRT although I deffinatly see you winning that one, but the G35 is a tank, even SC'd, I don't think it could hang with you.

It's always nice putting someone down when they is drivin' all gangsta yo, thinkin they got da **** unda their hood.

Either way, OP, good job man, must be nice to have a nice turbo under the hood.

Red, I think his sig says in his other post 467rwhp, which should be enough to pretty much put 80% of cars on the road away.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:30 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by vashthe3rd
We line it up and he keeps yelling 40, but he stayed at 60 mph, so I can only assume he meant 40 psi....at least I hope he was on 40#....which got me a little excited, he honked it off, we go and I pull half a car ahead before we had to shut it down.
Good wins. A stock motor skittle at 40 psi would blow the headgasket apart. A built motor skittle sitting on that much boost is 700 plus HP. It takes a big azz turbo to be able to function efficiently at that presure.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:59 AM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

nice runs - just be careful with cars ahead
Old 03-16-2009, 10:15 AM
acarzt
4th Gear Member

I got home from vacation with my best friend on saturday night, my dad surprised me by getting my new drilled/slotted rotors installed while I was away, and picked me up in my car. (after a week of enjoying the feeling of the turbo himself) So I'm coming back home on the long highway when I see a pair of lights dart into my lane behind me. I merge over a lane to let this guy pass, he seems to be in a hurry.
He pulls next to me instead, I guess he saw my gauges, or smelled the cold fuel or something. So we do the looks, etc. I look over and it just looks like a base of basic SRT-4's. I turn to my dad and ask what he wants me to do, and he says "kick his ***"
So I had left it on 8 psi, and we go, we stay even a little but a car got in our way so we didn't get a good run. My dad asks if we're on max, so I turn it all the way up and turn up the music a little. We line it up and he keeps yelling 40, but he stayed at 60 mph, so I can only assume he meant 40 psi....at least I hope he was on 40#....which got me a little excited, he honked it off, we go and I pull half a car ahead before we had to shut it down. Mind you this was with the additional weight of my dad (I'm skinny but I've got a big family), and all my luggage, so I figure 300-350 lbs. over-weight....it put a smile on our faces.

Later that night I was leaving to hang out with friends coming up the highway and I see an SS with exhaust tips ahead of me, we get even and slow down to what I think was 45-50 mph. and then he just guns it, I already had boost in kill mode, and I spun a pretty good amount before blasting past him. He said spray but I couldn't tell how big of a shot he was saying, he definitely pulled like he wasn't stock though.

Lastly, a supercharged G35 kept weaving through traffic caused by an on-ramp yesterday, once we got into a straight line, I was a good bus or two back while he was WOT, I floor it and quickly pass him in a very comical fashion.

If I don't get a set of DR's soon so I can hit the track I'm going to get in trouble
I can at least say there was plenty of room all 4 directions for all but the SRT-4 (mostly because I didn't think it was going to take that long) but it was good to FINALLY go against something that wasn't a piece of crap.
Where in Texas and What color was the SRT4? My buddy drives a blue one that runs 10s at like 130 something with no traction and ridiculous wheel hop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIhx4Ab2GC0

That's the SRT4 i'm talking about.

Last edited by acarzt; 03-16-2009 at 10:43 AM.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:51 AM
98LS1
6th Gear Member

Nice kills. Wish you knew more about the cars.

Originally Posted by 2000AZ5.0GT
Red, I think his sig says in his other post 467rwhp, which should be enough to pretty much put 80% of cars on the road away.
+1

I would have thought the SRT and SS would have been a good run. I know the SS, even stock and on a 100 shot, should be making close to 400rwhp. My cam only setup made 500rwhp on a dry shot.

Maybe you just outdrove them. Either way, thanks for sharing.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:30 AM
vashthe3rd
2nd Gear Member

Sorry I thought I had my mods set-up on MF, guess not
On 10# of boost I make 457 rwhp and 516 rwtq. all on a completely stock block.
It was a little chilly on saturday night so I think I might've been around 11#.
I updated the garage, and I can't out-drive anyone, I'm an automatic lol.

But, yea I really doubt the SRT-4 was on 40 psi, but it was a red one that looks completely stock. But it's fun to dream that I can beat built up cars
(for the record I didn't REALLY think he was on 40#)
I don't know about the SS, maybe he was saying he was empty or something, idk I thought he'd have had more pull in him if he was on the bottle too, but at the same time I was right in the powerband and just took off like a rocket after a little spin. He definitely had some bolt ons though.
That G35 was just funny though, I'll never understand why people bother with the VQ35DE at all, a max safe output of 400 whp, on a car as heavy as the mustang, with what I believe is an inferior drivetrain, and typically they can't pull very good torque out of their F/I setups.

Either way, finally got to face off against some modified cars instead of a couple ricer kids.

Last edited by vashthe3rd; 03-16-2009 at 11:35 AM.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:01 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Sorry I thought I had my mods set-up on MF, guess not
On 10# of boost I make 457 rwhp and 516 rwtq. all on a completely stock block.
It was a little chilly on saturday night so I think I might've been around 11#.
I updated the garage, and I can't out-drive anyone, I'm an automatic lol.

But, yea I really doubt the SRT-4 was on 40 psi, but it was a red one that looks completely stock. But it's fun to dream that I can beat built up cars
(for the record I didn't REALLY think he was on 40#)
I don't know about the SS, maybe he was saying he was empty or something, idk I thought he'd have had more pull in him if he was on the bottle too, but at the same time I was right in the powerband and just took off like a rocket after a little spin. He definitely had some bolt ons though.
That G35 was just funny though, I'll never understand why people bother with the VQ35DE at all, a max safe output of 400 whp, on a car as heavy as the mustang, with what I believe is an inferior drivetrain, and typically they can't pull very good torque out of their F/I setups.

Either way, finally got to face off against some modified cars instead of a couple ricer kids.
sounds like you have a nice set-up. Get some drag radials and really hurt some feelings. Or better yet take her to the strip after the DRs and get some slips and share with the forum.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:38 PM
cacimar
5th Gear Member

that sound like a nice set ups you have right there, what kind of turbo are u running? STS, hellion ? any pictures?

Quick Reply: Finally some challenges (SRT-4, SS on spray, Supercharged G35)