Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

LS3 has changed my life.

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 06:44 AM
EaZy DuZ iT
4th Gear Member

Default LS3 has changed my life.

Hey guys. My best friend just bought a 2008 base LS3 Corvette Yesterday. He got 3 freaking races the first day he bought the car. All races took place from 12 am - 3am at night.

All races, he didn't really shift that fast since he just got the car. Hes previous 2 cars have been FWD. Hes an excellent driver.

2008 Bentley Continental Flying Spur

This thing was haullling *** on the freeway and was pretty god damn loud for a luxury sedan. He ended up cutting off my friend pretty bad. My friend down shifted and went after him and rolled next to him. At about 70 mph, the Bentley WOT first and in a matter of a second my friend passed him and proceeded to put lengths and we shut off around 125 with him multiple lengths ahead. I checked up the specs on this car and couldn't believe it. 556 hp twin turbo 12. After i saw the specs i couldn't believe the ls3 beat it.

Bentley -Fully limo tinted. Couldnt tell if anyone was inside.
Corvette - 1 passenger (me, 180)

370z.

Were doing 70 on the freeway around 2 am at night when we see this strange looking car entering the ramp and as we get close we see its the new 370z. It actually looked really good. The back was really nice, much nicer then the previous body in my opinion. We eventually got next to each other and there was a pretty big turn on the highway and both my friend and the 370z were speeding, they both got decently aggressive on the turn, but my friend decided to lay off but the 370 went WOT and almost lost control on turn, we saw his *** give out but he caught it back luckly. (tripped out). They line up at about like 70ish and right when the 370z down shifted and took off so did my friend and WOW, the vette passed it like it was standing still.

370z- looked stock, 1 passenger
Corvette - 1 passenger

EVO 9

My friend was trying to get him to bite but he wouldn't. Eventually he came next to us and tried to do a ricer flyby and when he got about 2 cars in front of my friend he down shifted and at about 120 he was already a length or two on him. I can't believe this car is this fast... It sounds insane. The speedo JUST KEEPS GOING!@

evo- limo tinted couldn't tell. From outside you could hear his exhaust and his turbo sounded sick on the freeway, pretty loud. Don't know what mods he had.
Corvette - 1 Passenger

Hes future plans are

Intake
Exhaust
Headers
Ported Throttle Body
with a tune.

What rwhp range would that put him at?

After he dropped me off. I drove my car home in complete sadness. I rather sit passenger in his car then drive mine. =/
Old 03-29-2009, 06:59 AM
98LS1
6th Gear Member

I would guestimate in the 450 range.

You guys need a video camera. I'd like to have seen some of those races.

Oh yea, come on over to the LSx world.
Old 03-29-2009, 07:11 AM
MrRogers
5th Gear Member

Hes future plans are

Intake
Exhaust
Headers
Ported Throttle Body
with a tune.

What rwhp range would that put him at?
He should be somewhere around 450~465 rwhp... Better put, in the low 11s at the track.

Nice runs and with several stock ones already running high 11s, the base model Vette has never been so impressive.

Now to outsiders the LS3s 24-30hp jump over the LS2 doesn't sound like much, but GM really backed off the torque management so the car feels much more responsive and alive. I've driven both LS2 and LS3 variants, and I must say for a stock car the LS3 feels damn good. Not to compare it with my own, because my car is not stock, but a full bolt on LS3 should be dead heat with a stock Z06. Which is pretty damn good if you ask me.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/S...olt_179094.htm
Old 03-29-2009, 07:47 AM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

lets not forget that the Bentley weighs like 5500 lbs or some ridiculous thing

nice runs
Old 03-29-2009, 08:06 AM
Ato
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stkjock
lets not forget that the Bentley weighs like 5500 lbs or some ridiculous thing

nice runs
That was my first thought after reading that post, they have a lot of hp but it's to make up for their gigantic weight and size.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:32 AM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

I've often wondered why there is sooo much more enthusiasm for the LS3 over the LS2. On paper you don't see much difference between the two. This is the video I like... 4.10's in the new bolt-on vette. that's a PULL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OluHSLOf5Sg

Originally Posted by MrRogers
Now to outsiders the LS3s 24-30hp jump over the LS2 doesn't sound like much, but GM really backed off the torque management so the car feels much more responsive and alive. I've driven both LS2 and LS3 variants, and I must say for a stock car the LS3 feels damn good.

Last edited by Rubrignitz; 03-29-2009 at 10:35 AM.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:33 AM
03svtcobra12
3rd Gear Member

that vette rolls out man
Old 03-29-2009, 01:14 PM
Black Mamba GTT
4th Gear Member

Wow 3 races in one night. I hardly ever get any!!! Where was he driving to get that? Hey if he ever wants to see what his car will do against a bolt on LS2 I would be willing to show em I would be curious to see myself. Do you know what package he has?
Old 03-29-2009, 01:17 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Damn Mamba's vette looks great in red with those black Z06 rims. Maybe your car is just too intimidating bro .
Old 03-29-2009, 01:20 PM
Black Mamba GTT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rubrignitz
Damn Mamba's vette looks great in red with those black Z06 rims. Maybe your car is just too intimidating bro .
Ha if you think it looks intimidating wait till you hear it!!!

Quick Reply: LS3 has changed my life.