Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Caddys and their LS2s....

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 06:01 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Default Caddys and their LS2s....

One got me a little while ago. He did a little fly by, so I went into pursuit. He had a nice looking/sounding cat-back, but I don't know what else he had going on, if anything. I caught up and got beside him at about 55-60 mph. I downshifted and looked over at him. He motioned for me to hit it first, but I shook my head no. I don't like running like that, if it isn't a straight up race, then I don't even want to bother. He put his hand up pretty much saying "No problem" and at that point I got him to slow down to about 40 mph. The area we were in wasn't a safe enough place to do anything other than a quick run to 80 mph or so. Anyway, we both slowed down. He gunned it first, without any warning, honks, etc. He jumped a good half car right off the bat. I stomped it from about 3k rpms in 3rd gear, so his LS2's low end power took the lead before my engine could get reved up enough to do much. Once I got up to 5k rpm, I stopped his pull, but it was too late. There was enough room between his back bumper and my front bumper to fit another caddy and a half, lol. It may have been a little closer if we had of left together, but we didn't, and his car has more power up top, so he was bound to pull regardless. I was happy enough to see that his caddy actually stopped pulling me for a short period of time. I would've loved to have ran him from a dig to about 80 mph. These kind of races only instigate me to buy more shat for this car, lol! Have any of you guys ran a CTS-V before? I know enough about them, but I've never raced one or seen one run at the track. Aren't they good for a 12.8 to low 13? Or is that a bit generous?
Old 05-03-2009, 06:34 PM
SubTexel
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
One got me a little while ago. He did a little fly by, so I went into pursuit. He had a nice looking/sounding cat-back, but I don't know what else he had going on, if anything. I caught up and got beside him at about 55-60 mph. I downshifted and looked over at him. He motioned for me to hit it first, but I shook my head no. I don't like running like that, if it isn't a straight up race, then I don't even want to bother. He put his hand up pretty much saying "No problem" and at that point I got him to slow down to about 40 mph. The area we were in wasn't a safe enough place to do anything other than a quick run to 80 mph or so. Anyway, we both slowed down. He gunned it first, without any warning, honks, etc. He jumped a good half car right off the bat. I stomped it from about 3k rpms in 3rd gear, so his LS2's low end power took the lead before my engine could get reved up enough to do much. Once I got up to 5k rpm, I stopped his pull, but it was too late. There was enough room between his back bumper and my front bumper to fit another caddy and a half, lol. It may have been a little closer if we had of left together, but we didn't, and his car has more power up top, so he was bound to pull regardless. I was happy enough to see that his caddy actually stopped pulling me for a short period of time. I would've loved to have ran him from a dig to about 80 mph. These kind of races only instigate me to buy more shat for this car, lol! Have any of you guys ran a CTS-V before? I know enough about them, but I've never raced one or seen one run at the track. Aren't they good for a 12.8 to low 13? Or is that a bit generous?
I have seen them run times similar to the LS2 GTOs / SRT8s. (High low 13s with a dip into the high 12s in super awesome weather).

I have only run one CTS-V, though it had the LS6 back when I was just stock and I got him by 1 car from a dig up to 110 or so, went a couple of other times and it really depended on who got a good launch. (He kept complaining about wheel hop).
Old 05-03-2009, 06:38 PM
grogan
3rd Gear Member

http://www.fquick.com/videos/viewvideo.php?id=6598

me verses my stepdad

he says he didnt turn off the traction control...
Old 05-03-2009, 06:42 PM
SubTexel
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by grogan
http://www.fquick.com/videos/viewvideo.php?id=6598

me verses my stepdad

he says he didnt turn off the traction control...
That has an L92, not LS2. Different motor, and in a hella heavy SUV (I have the same motor in the Denali) good for high 14s / 15 flat, as a reference I ran 14.8 @ Fontana back when I bought my SUV (on the 20s and with the 3rd row seats in).
Old 05-03-2009, 06:48 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

I didn't realize they had an LS6 Caddy as well. Where certain years LS2s with other year models being LS6s? Or are there different options for them? I haven't got a clue what year I ran. It def wasn't the new-new one. All I know is that it was a black CTS with a big *** "V" on the side.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:01 PM
Red Turbo Integra
4th Gear Member

That sucks man. If you guys would have started even it would have been a lot closer I'm betting. Can't win them all. What are the caddys that look all sporty? I saw one of those last night, it had dealer plates on it. Thought it may want to run but no dice.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:19 PM
SubTexel
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
I didn't realize they had an LS6 Caddy as well. Where certain years LS2s with other year models being LS6s? Or are there different options for them? I haven't got a clue what year I ran. It def wasn't the new-new one. All I know is that it was a black CTS with a big *** "V" on the side.
Yeah, they swapped over to the LS2s the same time the GTOs did.

Originally Posted by Red Turbo Integra
That sucks man. If you guys would have started even it would have been a lot closer I'm betting. Can't win them all. What are the caddys that look all sporty? I saw one of those last night, it had dealer plates on it. Thought it may want to run but no dice.
If it had a bulged hood and looked like the newer CTSs (has vents on the side, big brakes and of course the V badge on the back) then that's the LSA CTS-V, low 12s high 11s (though, from what I have been reading people were only getting mid 12s... Course it's been a while since I looked and I am sure drivers are getting used to them by now).

Last edited by SubTexel; 05-03-2009 at 09:02 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:22 PM
drhoward
Penis Mod Erator

I think the 04-06's had a ls6 and the later models came with a ls2

Nice race, from a dig it probably would have been a great match up
Old 05-03-2009, 07:22 PM
drhoward
Penis Mod Erator

lol, posted to late
Old 05-03-2009, 07:35 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

watch out for the new blower models.....

Quick Reply: Caddys and their LS2s....