Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

08 GT vs 95 Supra

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 10:46 AM
bolivianpimp
4th Gear Member

Default 08 GT vs 95 Supra

Friday night me and 2 other friends with mustangs went to our local meet. We were about to leave when all the ricers started doing burnouts one after the other, but then a guy comes over and asks about my car. He ask me what i had and i told him Intake, tune, offroad H, and 4.10s (with manual); he then said he was trying to find a race tonight....so i said lets go. He let me know he has a ?95? supra with the stock twin turbo and intake and 3" exhaust. He wanted to do a 50 roll (which use to be my powerband before the 4.10's) but i wanted a 40, so we did both. We raced a total of 4 times.

First was the 40 roll, we honked it off 3 times and took off. We were pretty even as soon as we took off, but i SLOWLY inched away and beat him by a car or 1.5 cars up to 120-130.
Then we did his 50 roll with opposite results. He slowly pulled on my and ended up beating me by a car or so, again very close.
3rd time was my 40 roll with same results as the 1st race.
Last 50 roll (his request) i actually ended up pulling on him from the beginning and kept my lead until we shut off with him catching up.

It was really exciting races because they were so close. I was just happy to beat a supra , those cars are quick. I checked out his car after and the interior looks like a flight cockpit with all your gauges and dash circling around the driver.

My mustang buddy has some of the videos on him phone, so Khol post them up on here for ppl to see!
Old 08-04-2009, 11:41 AM
thedrod
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bolivianpimp
Friday night me and 2 other friends with mustangs went to our local meet.
Local meet? Please advise.
Old 08-04-2009, 11:42 AM
replica
4th Gear Member

Was it white and pretty stock in good shape? I might know the owner.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:01 PM
drhoward
Penis Mod Erator

Cool race, I love mark IV supras, they are some of the sexiest cars ever built in my opinion
Old 08-04-2009, 12:08 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

nice run... some of those Supras can be crazy fast!
Old 08-04-2009, 12:18 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Good runs, OP. Talk about running an unpredictable car. They can make 300 rwhp, or 1000 rwhp, you just never know. Supras were ahead of their time, imo.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:31 PM
MJH78
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
Good runs, OP. Talk about running an unpredictable car. They can make 300 rwhp, or 1000 rwhp, you just never know. Supras were ahead of their time, imo.
yeah, always were ahead of their time. My friend had an 87 turbo model, pretty fast all things considered. I think it was like a 230 hp crank motor.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:07 PM
bolivianpimp
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by thedrod
Local meet? Please advise.
Yeah its a meet at conns on cypresswood & I-45 . There are other meets on other days too if you want to come and try one out. We usually meet up before the meet so we can roll in together, we are going this friday if you want to come.

Originally Posted by replica
Was it white and pretty stock in good shape? I might know the owner.
Yeah he said he was stock except for intake and some kind of 3" exhaust (not sure if it was header back or cat back) . The guy was real cool and i think he goes to UTI, my friend seen him again on monday when everyone was gathering around his car lol.

Originally Posted by Stone629
DEFINITELY ahead of their time , this was a 95!! the interior looks like a space ship with everything being built around the driver. It was the first time i got to see one up close and it was very well taken care of. Supras are pretty badass cars. He said he wanted to run again once he got more boost and other stuff.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:09 PM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

Supra's are like Termi's, the odds aren't too good that they are stock. Sounds like he had said mods and was running stock boost, 285rwhp? Good kills Bolivian!
Old 08-04-2009, 01:28 PM
thedrod
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bolivianpimp
Yeah its a meet at conns on cypresswood & I-45 . There are other meets on other days too if you want to come and try one out. We usually meet up before the meet so we can roll in together, we are going this friday if you want to come.
I have heard of this actually. I think, Kohl, the other guy you mentioned told me about it before.

I actually live off Cypresswood & 45...strange I have never seen any cars in the area. I'll try to make it Friday.

Quick Reply: 08 GT vs 95 Supra