Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Ran another new SS, 5 times, and this time..

Old 10-22-2009, 08:01 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Default Ran another new SS, several times, and this time..

it was definitely a manual, and definitely an LS3. We went from a roll each time. Here's how it went down. I left from Rowland NC, after doing some work for a guy down there, and was planning on stopping in Lumberton for gas. As I approached L'ton, I saw the new Maro up ahead. I manage to catch up and do a little blow by, hehe. This heated things up and he gave chase. He caught up and got beside me at about 70 mph. I never did see any SS badges, so I assumed it was a V6. He gunned it first, and then I, which resulted in myself putting a buslength on him by 110 mph. While all this was happening, my damn hood unlatched and was bouncing all over the place, wtf. So I pulled off at the next exit, refueled, and shut the hood, lol. After 7-8 minutes, I was merging back onto I-95. Only now, I was on a mission to catch back up to this guy. I kept it in the wind for about 35-40 mins, and finally, there he was, the same black 2010 with tinted glass, no SS badges, and silver racing stripes. We just cruised for awhile, but then after a few back and forth passes, he got back beside me. Once again, I crushed him. I was convinced at this point I was wasting gas on a V6. Sooo, here he comes again, now on my left. He lurches once, and I do it back. Then, he downshifts and barks his tires (at 80 mph) pulling half a car on me instantly. I react and hold his pull about 1 car behind. Now he was excited and feeling good about himself, and wants to go again. We line up, and he jumps. No honking here. I stay at his door up to 100 mph, then get even with him. As soon as we were even he slammed on brakes. We line up again. This time, everything was timed perfectly. We both jumped at the exact same moment at 65 mph, staying even until I powershift 4th, putting a fender on him. I see his front end move as he shifts right after I did, only he falls to my rear bumper. He shut it down at that point. So, basically I think the guy was a half *** driver considering the random results, yet I nailed every gear at exactly 6500 rpm. All runs started at 65 mph or faster, and the only ones I lost were when he got the jump. The last run was the best, but I still nudged ahead by a car. He was very stock from what I could tell, and I don't know what was up with the lack of SS badges (maybe I just didn't see them), but I do know a V6 wouldn't be barking gears at 80 mph and keeping up like that.

Last edited by Stone629; 10-22-2009 at 08:09 PM.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:05 PM
Projectquick
5th Gear Member

the driver mod goes a long way. IMO with a great driver you'd have been toast, I'm sure you know this, but good runs regardless.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:09 PM
97tplsGT
4th Gear Member

Hell of a couple runs Stone! I know you were (probably) kinda bummed when you found out you put down an L99 'maro the first time. Ya should feel better now!!! Good stuff dude. ....
Old 10-22-2009, 08:10 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

When he got it right, that SS pulled hard. With any mods and a driver mod, the SS is going to be a toughy.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:12 PM
97tplsGT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Projectquick
the driver mod goes a long way. IMO with a great driver you'd have been toast, I'm sure you know this, but good runs regardless.
^ kinda what he said too, but I won't gonna be the one to knock you off that cloud yet, haha...

Plus we all know Stonie knows his shyt, he's not claiming wins on all the new 'maros, just this one
Old 10-22-2009, 08:15 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

Wow i'm glad you get some competition down east because i've only been challenged twice around Raleigh in the last 14 months or so. GTO and a Supra, both smoked me bad except suprisingly I was on the supra's *** until 110 and he started putting lengths on me at will.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:15 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Oh don't worry guys, I beat the hell outta that SS driver, lol.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:20 PM
Projectquick
5th Gear Member

I take more pride in beating a driver than a car. Its good to know even though on paper the other car has the advantage, you still won. Thats just me though.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:38 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

nice runs... chasing him down......LOL!
Old 10-22-2009, 08:44 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Nice win.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ran another new SS, 5 times, and this time..