Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Ran into a fast RX-8

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 02:31 PM
Mustang_NTriangle
5th Gear Member

Default Ran into a fast RX-8

I was on my way home from work today and I noticed a silver RX-8. It had several mods, 3 inch exhaust, entire lowering kit, black carbon fiber hood, in big inner-cooler kit so it must have been a turbo with alot of boost.

We did a couple of 75 mph pulls to 110-115 it keep up with me. We never lined up side by side so and I was behind him each run. I had a few runs 4th gear pulls at 75 mph I was very impressed by that car.

One of the runs I got around him but I it took me to the end of 4th gear to do so, again I was behind him. Another time I actually went into 5th gear as I pulled along time him to pass.

I tried to get driver to slow down to so we could do a 3rd gear pull but he didn't.

The last run I was right on this bumper like glue.... in the end I beat this fast little car 3x but damm I was surprised.

Note: I have 4.10s with a 5 speed with all other supporting mods in my signature including suspension work, etc.
Old 11-07-2009, 02:52 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Holy hell! I wonder how much money and effort it took him to get that RX8 to the point that he could hang with a car like yours. Its about time somebody did-up one of those cars. Definitely a rare one you ran into.

Where are you from? Your username makes me always makes me wonder if your in/around the Raleigh area. Just wondering if I should keep an eye out for that guy.
Old 11-07-2009, 02:59 PM
NJShelby120
2nd Gear Member

damn thats kinda lame he wouldnt slow down for a better overall powerband run.... stupid rice haha sounds like he was afriad of ya..... but yea just like stone said, it would be interesting to see how much $ went into that car to get to that point.... nice runs
Old 11-07-2009, 03:56 PM
S197steve
4th Gear Member

Nice runs man, sounds like his car has some serious oomph... I've always had a soft spot for the RX8, I strongly considered the RX8 and MS6 before I bought the GT/CS.
Old 11-07-2009, 04:15 PM
Mustang_NTriangle
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
Holy hell! I wonder how much money and effort it took him to get that RX8 to the point that he could hang with a car like yours. Its about time somebody did-up one of those cars. Definitely a rare one you ran into.

Where are you from? Your username makes me always makes me wonder if your in/around the Raleigh area. Just wondering if I should keep an eye out for that guy.
I am from New England in MA. I can't imagine how much dough was spent on that car since stock they are 230 hp with 100+ for tq. i know how much i spent on my car...
Old 11-07-2009, 04:15 PM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

This.

It's got to be one of the faster RX-8's in the country.
Old 11-07-2009, 04:44 PM
GrnBullitt08
5th Gear Member

Wow, im sure he was carrying a big turbo and had some serious coin in that car. Good runs, you never know what you'll run into these days.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:15 PM
TommyV8
5th Gear Member

Some chick in an RX-8 tried to mess with me a while back and it was pretty much a massacre, like punching a baby in the face. So yeah, this Rex has obviously been worked over pretty well.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:18 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

I'd guess about 3 grand. I had a buddy at work do up a RX-8 when they first came out and with every bolt on imaginable he could keep up with my stock SRT-4 from a roll.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:56 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

late gen 13b big turbo swap possibly?? I heard the RX-8 motors don't like boost and have picky ECUs...

Quick Reply: Ran into a fast RX-8