Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

USA, USA, USA!!!(Formula 1)

Old 02-09-2010, 11:04 PM
67mustang302
6th Gear Member

US F1's plan is to eventually do just that, but this season they realized they were going to have to run foreign drivers for the simple fact that there are currently no Americans who hold an FIA Super License. There are a few from IRL that could get one, but good luck getting a top level IRL driver to leave Indy and go into a brand new F1 team. Though, that would CERTAINLY get sponsors and more publicity.

Not to mention they'd have 0 seat time in an F1 car, and with US F1 going to the grid in Bahrain with virtually no pre-season testing, that would preclude them getting the seat time. That's provided they even do make the grid next month.

But yeah, most people in America have absolutely no clue about most automobile racing. It's just a shame how little publicity there is for the other 90% of motor sports.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:32 AM
67mustang302
6th Gear Member

http://www.formula1.com/video/onboard.html

They have a good collection of short vids, qualifying etc. Some on board to give folks an idea of what a lap is like in an F1 car.

The Monaco video is one of the best, 0 room for error on that track, gives you an idea of just how fast these cars are. And it has telemetry.

Last edited by 67mustang302; 02-10-2010 at 01:44 AM.
Old 02-14-2010, 03:26 PM
Metroshica
2nd Gear Member

After spending 2 years in Brazil, I fell in love with Formula 1. My question is, besides the speed channel, is there any other channel you can watch for formula 1? Any online sites that broadcast it?
Old 02-14-2010, 07:13 PM
67mustang302
6th Gear Member

Speed I think is the only TV channel. Not sure about the net though. You could try searching the F1 site, they might post it up online.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:26 PM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

speed is the only one i know of, which is sad...they have bike races, nascar, and dirt track (fail) but no F1....
Old 02-16-2010, 09:54 PM
tdcalhoun89
4th Gear Member

I have basic cable in my apartment at school and I don't even get the speed ch. with basic cable or the history ch. (I'm a little bit of a nerd) goes to show how important F1 is to americans sadly
Old 02-17-2010, 01:32 PM
67mustang302
6th Gear Member

Yeah, most people in America have 0 clue what F1 is. NASCAR is really popular, but F1, or most of the FIA sanctioned racing for that matter, receives little to no exposure in the US. As a result, no one televises anything. There's no money in it...who wants to pay to run a commercial spot on a program no one watches? So the stations don't give it air time.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:12 AM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

are there any good livestream website for it?
Old 02-18-2010, 11:36 AM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

bad news guys
According to a rumor published by a Spanish news outlet, US F1 won't make the first three races of 2010, forcing them to drop the entire season. Also, YouTube founder Chad Hurley's supposedly out as a financial backer. U-S-aww, crap.

The evidence suggesting the USF1 American-backed Formula One effort will succeed is now almost completely outweighed by evidence and chatter suggesting it's doomed, including YouTube founder Chad Hurley and business manager Brian Bonner reportedly walking away from the organization.

What makes us think USF1 could still be alive? They've yet to indicate the shop is closing. What do we have to indicate USF1 is folding?

* The last major announcement USF1 made was of the acquisition of driver Jose Maria Lopez, but that's still only one driver. They need two.
* They're the only team (other than the on-the-rocks Campos Meta) not to debut their car.
* Chad Hurley, YouTube founder and CEO, has possibly left the team in support of another struggling F1 effort. A source tells us he's also dropped a reference to USF1 from his Twitter bio.
* They don't have a test schedule and the first race is less than one month away.
* There's a rumor they won't make the first three races, which means they're out for this year.
* Brian Bonner, the head of business development for USF1, is reportedly no longer working there.
* The USF1 building is for sale, though they're just tenants there along with Robby Gordon Motorsports.

It's completely possible this is all just one big happy coincidence and the U.S. will soon be storming F1. It's also possible Max Mosley was meeting with those girls dressed like prison guards because he was hoping to get them to turn their lives around and start taking computer classes. Possible, not plausible.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:11 PM
tdcalhoun89
4th Gear Member

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: USA, USA, USA!!!(Formula 1)