Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Me vs WRX

Old 02-21-2010, 05:14 AM
Pohatu18
2nd Gear Member

Default Me vs WRX

Was cruisin down Hwy 98 when I see this mid 2000s Impreza with typical fart can and stickers zigzagin in and out of traffic and passes me. I didnt think anything of it untill he got in the slower lane thinking it was faster and I passed him. I was talking to my friend predicting his every lane change flawlessly. I managed to get in the left lane with a old guy in a minivan on the right at 55mph(speed limit was 45 anyways) while we was doing 65mph before I slowed down with the minivan. The Impreza was right behind me, I led him along at this 55mph for a good 3 miles watching him zoom to the left and zoom to the right of his lane. After that 3 miles I scooted up a little predicting he was gonna go around and do a flyby. He did as soon as he got next to me I guned it easily pulling on him went up to 90mph and put a good 4-6 car lenghts on him before I slowed down to the next car in the right lane so he couldnt pass. After another mile and a half or so I let him go by scooting up a bit and getting the flyby with the middle finger and a guy in a truck that gave me a smiling thumbs up as he passed(guess everyone hates ricers).

On a side note
-pissed off a Impreza driver
-beat a Impreza driver
-got a thumbs up for pissing off a Impreza driver
-and drove next to a old man for 3 miles, for some reason people speed up alot when im next to them it never happens in my bros quiet v6 firebird I guess im intimidating.

Last edited by Pohatu18; 02-21-2010 at 05:57 AM. Reason: Wrong car model
Old 02-21-2010, 05:29 AM
302army187
6th Gear Member

I use to think WRX's where pretty slow without a ton of mod's but recently rode in a co-worker's 04 WRX that has minimal mods, exhaust, tune, like 14psi, and it runs pretty damn quick for the minimal mods. But he has been plagued with boost/exhaust leak issues for months, just got it sorted.

My point is thouse cars can be damn quick with minimal mods with the right person doing the work/driving. I think this guy wasn't one of them.

I also do not agree that a subaru is a "ricer" unless it had something obnoxious done to it. There only exhaust I've seen are "fart cans" because a muffler wont fit under the car.

anyway, good race. How much did thouse heads do for you? (1/4 mile?)
Old 02-21-2010, 05:49 AM
Pohatu18
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 302army187
I use to think WRX's where pretty slow.

I also do not agree that a subaru is a "ricer" unless it had something obnoxious done to it. There only exhaust I've seen are "fart cans" because a muffler wont fit under the car.

anyway, good race. How much did thouse heads do for you? (1/4 mile?)
I failed to understand that the Impreza has 3 diffrent models base Impreza, WRX, and STI
I thought there was 2(I just looked it up after you mentioned a upping boost)

It was a reg impreza guessing the 165 hp version

I consider 10+ stickers including Jegs, Summit, NOS, etc to be a obnoxious ricer thing. I have stickers from my parts but will NEVER see my car.
Changing lanes without signaling more than once within a 15 sec period and make the lane change transition as fast as possible. Most import drivers seem to be the most dangerous while they drive.
Cant fit a muffler but can sport a exhaust tip bigger than both my SLP tips combined.

As for the heads I feel a pretty big diffrence going from a warped PI head to the patriots.
I have yet to get to the track and now that im stationed in florida I dont know where the closest strip is yet.

Last edited by Pohatu18; 02-21-2010 at 06:08 AM.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:10 AM
302army187
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Pohatu18
I failed to understand that the Impreza has 3 diffrent models base Impreza, WRX, and STI

I consider 10+ stickers including Jegs, Summit, NOS, etc to be a obnoxious ricer thing. I have stickers from my parts but will NEVER see my car.
Cant fit a muffler but can sport a exhaust tip bigger than both my SLP tips combined.

As for the heads I feel a pretty big diffrence going from a warped PI head to the patriots.
I have yet to get to the track and now that im stationed in florida I dont know where the closest strip is yet.
yea, the non-turbo imprezas are pathetic. just like any other 4 banger pretty much. I agree, stickers and such are obnoxious, but the fart cans they dont really have a choice with. I plan to buy a WRX for a daily driver, and I will figure something to not run a fart can. I dont care If i have to buy a muffler for a mustang, and tuck it sideways somewhere like corvette's do so I dont have to have a 5" tip hanging out.

Depend's where you are in florida, in my home town, Orlando, there is a pretty nice track there, just dont go durring the summer.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:15 AM
Pohatu18
2nd Gear Member

Depend's where you are in florida, in my home town, Orlando, there is a pretty nice track there, just dont go durring the summer.

Im up in fort walton/destin.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:20 AM
302army187
6th Gear Member

haha, I have no clue then.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:49 AM
WRXtranceformed
5th Gear Member

Nice kill! It seems like now that WRXs are getting cheaper, the ricer Civic crowd is starting to buy them up and mod them distastefully. The Subaru community used to be kind of elite back in the day. 302 if you pick up a WRX you can definitely get some really tasteful exhausts that sound AWESOME for that car. The TurboXS standard tip exhaust with the Magnaflow muffler sounded soooo good on my old old WRX. I had a fart can on the STI :P
Old 02-21-2010, 08:31 AM
302army187
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WRXtranceformed
Nice kill! It seems like now that WRXs are getting cheaper, the ricer Civic crowd is starting to buy them up and mod them distastefully. The Subaru community used to be kind of elite back in the day. 302 if you pick up a WRX you can definitely get some really tasteful exhausts that sound AWESOME for that car. The TurboXS standard tip exhaust with the Magnaflow muffler sounded soooo good on my old old WRX. I had a fart can on the STI :P
Well my co-worker ditched his old e-bay exhaust that had his muffler/fart can at a 45* angle and made it look stupid for this REALLY cool cat-back that splits off into two pipes, and then into the muffler to keep the piping closer to the body, which puts the muffler at the right angle to the bumper. It still has a 4-5" opening, but it sounds MEAN, much DEEPER then any scubaru ive heard before.

I want a 06 subie WRX for a daily driver......... I kinda love the wagons the most
Old 02-21-2010, 11:08 AM
300F150
1st Gear Member

I want a 06 subie WRX for a daily driver......... I kinda love the wagons the most
I like the wagons too my friend just has a regular impreza wagon with a sport interior its a really nice feel to the car, makes it seem nice and fast. But the old old wagons look like crap imo.

Just curious a old friend from high school has a 04wrx that is stock how would my 5.0 match against this from a dig?
Old 02-21-2010, 06:42 PM
NJShelby120
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Pohatu18

Changing lanes without signaling more than once within a 15 sec period and make the lane change transition as fast as possible. Most import drivers seem to be the most dangerous while they drive.

^ i was goin to ask ya if it had a hood scoop....... it goes impreza, wrx, wrx sti. the wrx and wrx sti models have the hood scoop for the TMIC....... yea i deff sounded like the car was n/a... good kill though

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Me vs WRX