Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

old school v8 vs brand new v6

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 11:54 AM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Default old school v8 vs brand new v6

My buddy that works at a ford dealer called me this morning saying he was doing a prep on a 2011 gt, and asked if i wanted to race it while he was driving it. obviously i agreed and grabbed a buddy and a camera and headed out. well when i got there my buddy told me it was only a v6 . but since i was already there, and since they're saposed to be quick anyways, we still went ahead and did a run, just a simple 50 roll. he just floored it out of nowhere, i gave chase and quickly passed and put a few lengths on him. i let off at end of 4th so about 120, he said he stayed in it until he saw my brake lights, so at 120.

needless to say even tho it had 4 miles on it, not too impressed. lol. he did say he's getting a gt in this upcoming week tho, that should make for a much better race

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVcj-Qt7ygs
Old 06-05-2010, 01:15 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

sorry to burst your bubble... your buddy is a douche bag.... taking someone's brand new car to race... ****ing POS....
Old 06-05-2010, 01:20 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
My buddy that works at a ford dealer called me this morning saying he was doing a prep on a 2011 gt, and asked if i wanted to race it while he was driving it. obviously i agreed and grabbed a buddy and a camera and headed out. well when i got there my buddy told me it was only a v6 . but since i was already there, and since they're saposed to be quick anyways, we still went ahead and did a run, just a simple 50 roll. he just floored it out of nowhere, i gave chase and quickly passed and put a few lengths on him. i let off at end of 4th so about 120, he said he stayed in it until he saw my brake lights, so at 120.

needless to say even tho it had 4 miles on it, not too impressed. lol. he did say he's getting a gt in this upcoming week tho, that should make for a much better race

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVcj-Qt7ygs
That's messed up.
Old 06-05-2010, 01:49 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stkjock
sorry to burst your bubble... your buddy is a douche bag.... taking someone's brand new car to race... ****ing POS....
it's not bursting my bubble any.

i don't see how it's any different than someone test driving one tho. obviously when someone test drives a brand new mustang they get on it. and this one wasn't bought yet unlike the gt he wants to race in.
Old 06-05-2010, 02:11 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stkjock

+ 1.. Wow I can't beleive in this day and age someone would risk their job doing some crap like this. What a idiot....

Last edited by Soldier GT; 06-05-2010 at 02:22 PM.
Old 06-05-2010, 02:31 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

The problem is the car should be broke in properlly. I've never had a saleman let me get on a new car while out on a test drive.
Old 06-05-2010, 02:32 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

I used to work at that dealer it's encouraged to "beat" on the perfomance cars. Ie mustangs and sho's. It doesn't look very good if someone gets on one of the cars in a test drive and it doesn't perform/breaks. He wouldn't lose his job.
Old 06-05-2010, 02:38 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
I used to work at that dealer it's encouraged to "beat" on the perfomance cars. Ie mustangs and sho's. It doesn't look very good if someone gets on one of the cars in a test drive and it doesn't perform/breaks. He wouldn't lose his job.

Man I need a favor.. give me the name of the dealership that encourages their employees to beat up on their perforamnce cars.... I'll make sure to never buy a car from that dealership.. Hey man I am not going to test your integrity but that is very, very, hard to beleive..
Old 06-05-2010, 02:51 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Lol. I really don't see any big deal out of any of this. If every tech got fired for beating on a new car, I'd be willing to bet more than 75% of the techs would be canned.

now can we get back to talking about the racing aspect and not his/hers opinions on wether this was wrong or not?

what are these v6's saposed to run in the quarter? i think i heard 13.7's before?

Last edited by ctgreddy; 06-05-2010 at 02:58 PM.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:27 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

The dealer where i bought my car will let you drive them like you stole it. i am betting 99% of peopel don't break them in anymore. I bought my car assuming a certian amount of asshatery had been done in it previously. Two of the three roush 427rs on the lot had been beat on so bad that the tires were melted from overheating, it was crazy. Hell the one i test drove had a jacked up clutch, I guess they figure that's what the warranty is for if it acts up.

Quick Reply: old school v8 vs brand new v6