Go Back   MustangForums.com > Speed Zone > Street/Strip
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.
Sponsored by Roush Performance

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

I'm back and with a new Ford!....AND a vengeance!

Old 11-25-2010, 10:31 PM   #41
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: a car

MR. E most OTards are just f$%king with you and talking out their *** to get you worked up for Lulz. AZ is letting his nutts hang because he has like a 500 plus HP new edge, others I would not even take SRS. Personally I think your car is neat (No Im not offering you a hand job sicko!). What's done to the internals ? Once your car is done with the mods listed it should be fun as hell.

AZ who gives a shlt about 11's, its a damn focus. 13's for a FWD focus is pretty good IMO, Not everyone is expecting to run 11's right after modding a qaud engine. I agree its not fast by most standards on here but for a phucking focus that is impressive with a turbo system slapped on on FWD 2k ford car. He would eat a stock 2v mustang but yours if far from that ...... YEah Im not offering you hand jobs either.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

Last edited by Mr Graystang; 11-25-2010 at 10:35 PM.
Mr Graystang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 10:36 PM   #42
HRnB
Administrator

Vehicle: spaceship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Graystang View Post
MR. E most OTards are just f$%king with you and talking out their *** to get you worked up for Lulz. AZ is letting his nutts hang because he has like a 500 plus HP new edge, others I would not even take SRS. Personally I think your car is neat (No Im not offering you a hand job sicko!). What's done to the internals ? Once your car is done with the mods listed it should be fun as hell.

AZ who gives a shlt about 11's, its a damn focus. 13's for a FWD focus is pretty good IMO, Not everyone is expecting to run 11's right after modding a qaud engine. I agree its not fast by most standards on here but for a phucking focus that is impressive with a turbo system slapped on on FWD 2k ford car. He would eat a stock 2v mustang but yours if far from that ...... YEah Im not offering you hand jobs either.
So....let me make sure I'm getting this right. There will not be any hand jobs?

HRnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 10:44 PM   #43
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: a car

Did you get excited Boozer ? sorry not tonight
Mr Graystang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 11:17 PM   #44
Mr. E
Banned

Vehicle: 2005 Ford Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Graystang View Post
Its cool. I am not butt hurt, just dont feel like arguing with people who feel the need to spout off about how a Mustang they dont even OWN is so much faster. I really couldnt care less. I am not building a car to race drag strips with Mustangs. If you like the car, cool. If not, no need to be a little bi*ch about it. People resort to making things up in here too. Like the clown on the last page who said a Mazda will run a mid 13, LMAO! On what planet? Best magazine time is 14.1@100mph. Thats with a flawless launch and shifting before they loose power at a weak 5500RPM. Best real world time I have seen on a stock MS 3 at a track was 14.3@99mph. No way in hell a stock 3 gets anywhere near a mid 13....

As for my car and your question, nothing has been done to the internals. Its 100% stock aside from the turbo kit. One of the guys on the Focus forum with the same set up as me just ran a 12.8@105mph with just slicks and an upgraded clutch. Two things I will be doing in the next few weeks. The stock motor is good up till about 250wtq before you have to start building it.

Last edited by Mr. E; 11-25-2010 at 11:23 PM.
Mr. E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 01:33 AM   #45
2000AZ5.0GT
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2000 Ford Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post
Its cool. I am not butt hurt, just dont feel like arguing with people who feel the need to spout off about how a Mustang they dont even OWN is so much faster. I really couldnt care less. I am not building a car to race drag strips with Mustangs. If you like the car, cool. If not, no need to be a little bi*ch about it. People resort to making things up in here too. Like the clown on the last page who said a Mazda will run a mid 13, LMAO! On what planet? Best magazine time is 14.1@100mph. Thats with a flawless launch and shifting before they loose power at a weak 5500RPM. Best real world time I have seen on a stock MS 3 at a track was 14.3@99mph. No way in hell a stock 3 gets anywhere near a mid 13....

As for my car and your question, nothing has been done to the internals. Its 100% stock aside from the turbo kit. One of the guys on the Focus forum with the same set up as me just ran a 12.8@105mph with just slicks and an upgraded clutch. Two things I will be doing in the next few weeks. The stock motor is good up till about 250wtq before you have to start building it.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=xumk_VbvcNM

stock mazaspeed3, and that was the first link on the google search.

BTW, I've helped build a turbo focus that's faster than mid 13's, it ran mid 11's in tucson until my buddy blew it up.

Like I said, when you're running mid-low 12's, high 11's, then you've got something, but to drop a few thousand more on top of the price of the car to get to mid to high 13's? and it's FWD? why waste your time? I could've done better with an import and less money.

I get and love the idea of a sleeper, but a 13 second focus is not that. Go read one of my threads about having my *** handed to me by a 9 second SVO 4cyl mustang. THAT is a sleeper.

2000AZ5.0GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 02:26 AM   #46
Mr. E
Banned

Cool, thanks for the video. 13.950 is pretty much 14 (technically high 13s) but either way, its not mid 13s. When did high 13s become "slow"? How many cars under $30k are capable of running in the 13s stock? Not many. Are you Mustang fans forgetting its only been the last 5 years you have had a Mustang even capable of hitting 13s stock? I should know, I had a 98 GT and an 03 GT, neither hit anything close to 13s stock. So stop acting like anything over high 12s is slow just because the new 5.0 came out LOL

Like I said, I am not looking for a track monster. With an upgraded clutch and drags, I should have no problem hitting low 13s at 11psi and high 12s at 15psi. People expect a Mustang, or Camaro or STi or Evo etc...to be fast. How many people will expect a Ford Focus to hit 60 in 5 seconds or run in the 12s? Not many at all. Whats so fun about taking an already fast car and making it faster? I think taking a slow, economy car that runs in the 17s stock and making it fast is much more of a challenge and fun to do.
Old 11-26-2010, 02:57 AM   #47
86 5.0L
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: '86 Mustang GT

I bet you'll run a high 14 in the 1/4 mile haha

Mods: Bfg Traction T/As || Front sway bar || K&N/silencer removed || Hood pins

Times: faster then a speeding Prius

86 5.0L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 03:10 AM   #48
Mr. E
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86 5.0L View Post
I bet you'll run a high 14 in the 1/4 mile haha
A few guys with the same stage 2 turbo kit I have ran high 13s with their stock tires and clutch. Best was a 13.6@102mph. So we'll see. I will post my time slip after I run it.
Old 11-26-2010, 07:02 AM   #49
ErdricK
the poop master baiter

Vehicle: 2007 Ford Mustang

YAH BUT ITS A FOCUS AND IT ONLY RUNS 13's LOL **** THATS SLOW

j/k man...WB to off topic. Man up because there are sharks in the waters here
Old 11-26-2010, 10:22 AM   #50
pallidamors
Banned

Vehicle: 2004, pontiac, gto

I haz focus!!

the rarest of all models

a 200 focus
pallidamors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 12:11 PM   #51
Mr. E
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pallidamors View Post
I haz focus!!

the rarest of all models

a 200 focus
You have an RS200 you DD? Right. Pics?
Old 11-26-2010, 02:14 PM   #52
pallidamors
Banned

Vehicle: 2004, pontiac, gto

no E...I have the world's oldest focus....a 200
pallidamors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 11:18 PM   #53
Mr. E
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pallidamors View Post
no E...I have the world's oldest focus....a 200
Not familiar with that one but cool
Old 11-26-2010, 11:23 PM   #54
HRnB
Administrator

Vehicle: spaceship

Mr E, do you like the title change? It makes you seem cooler than you actually are. Thought it might help you get chicks.

...you're welcome.

HRnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 11:25 PM   #55
Joolander
Lord High Protector

Vehicle: 2007 Mustang GT/CS
Joolander

i was gonna post a pic of the Riddler, but he's too cool to drive a focus

Joolander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 11:25 PM   #56
302army187
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 GT Premium 1989 lx 'vert

facepalm.

this guy has to be trollin' no way he is that retarded irl

1989 - Junkyard 302, Trickflow heads/cam, typhoon intake, V2 Sq Si-trim blower, and other stuff's.

www.youtube.com/Xarmy187

Please support my YouTube channel! My videos don't disappoint!
302army187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 11:41 PM   #57
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

Vehicle: 1965, ford, mustang fastback
Send a message via AIM to rmodel65 Send a message via MSN to rmodel65 Send a message via Yahoo to rmodel65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post
Cool, thanks for the video. 13.950 is pretty much 14 (technically high 13s) but either way, its not mid 13s. When did high 13s become "slow"? How many cars under $30k are capable of running in the 13s stock? Not many. Are you Mustang fans forgetting its only been the last 5 years you have had a Mustang even capable of hitting 13s stock? I should know, I had a 98 GT and an 03 GT, neither hit anything close to 13s stock. So stop acting like anything over high 12s is slow just because the new 5.0 came out LOL

Like I said, I am not looking for a track monster. With an upgraded clutch and drags, I should have no problem hitting low 13s at 11psi and high 12s at 15psi. People expect a Mustang, or Camaro or STi or Evo etc...to be fast. How many people will expect a Ford Focus to hit 60 in 5 seconds or run in the 12s? Not many at all. Whats so fun about taking an already fast car and making it faster? I think taking a slow, economy car that runs in the 17s stock and making it fast is much more of a challenge and fun to do.

cars before those could hit 13's stock.... 4.6 cars esp a non pi and even the pi arent that quick...my 5.0 vert is faster than a stock one...
rmodel65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 12:29 AM   #58
Mr. E
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmodel65 View Post
cars before those could hit 13's stock.... 4.6 cars esp a non pi and even the pi arent that quick...my 5.0 vert is faster than a stock one...
Bottom line is I have a FOCUS (with 4 less cylinders and half the engine size) that will easily outrun most older Mustangs in a 1/4 mile, keep right up with an older 5.0 on a straight, and out handle any of them on a track. Even in stock form a Focus will handle and corner better than the older Mustangs. So keep hating on them

Last edited by Mr. E; 11-27-2010 at 12:42 AM.
Old 11-27-2010, 12:36 AM   #59
legendlime05
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 ford mustang

hey....you drive a focus......mwahahaha

even torque monster guys are laughing at you.
Old 11-27-2010, 12:41 AM   #60
Mr. E
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendlime05 View Post
hey....you drive a focus......mwahahaha
...and you drive a V6 Mustang. LMAO. I thought only chicks and people with rental cars drove those. What? you couldnt afford the GT? Driving a V6 Mustang is whats laughable.
Old 11-27-2010, 12:41 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
delta, drive, force, fords, latest, mre, mustang, plans, rear, software, tuning, wheel