Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Me vs 370Z Nismo and Dodge Caliber SRT4

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 04:50 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Originally Posted by perfect.disguise
Haha I quit
That one was no fun lol. OP-Just curious as to why you decided to mod a focus?
Old 12-01-2010, 04:54 PM
Mr. E
Banned

Originally Posted by Mishri
I think Mr. E should do an LS1 swap.
No way, I would do a Cobra swap! You seen the videos with the Cobra Focus? haha

BTW, here is a video showing the ridiculous turbo lag on the Caliber. This guy has to wait till like 3500RPM for boost to kick in LOL. So like I said, if that guy last night had some lag issues, easy to see how I got so far ahead of him by 85.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZSZRL-jUtc
Old 12-01-2010, 05:21 PM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr. E
Calibers have major turbo lag from a 2nd gear roll, look up videos on it. If he was trying to get into 2nd and punch it, which he probably was (doubt he was in 1st at around 25mph) and that thing lagged as bad as it does on videos I have seen, forget it. My car pulls strongest in 2nd and 3rd gear from 20-85mph. Back to the weight thing, the Focus is 2650lbs and thats with power windows/locks. Mine is manual everything which shaves a little off and I took out the spare tire and jack. I am easily sitting at 2600lbs. The Caliber is 3189lbs, so yea. It really makes me wonder how so many people who claim to know so much about cars dismiss something as important as power to weight ratio. You honestly think a 250whp car is going to beat or even keep up with a 223whp car thats 600lbs lighter? If so, you need to go take a physics class
No way, I would do a Cobra swap! You seen the videos with the Cobra Focus? haha

BTW, here is a video showing the ridiculous turbo lag on the Caliber. This guy has to wait till like 3500RPM for boost to kick in LOL. So like I said, if that guy last night had some lag issues, easy to see how I got so far ahead of him by 85.

So your full turbo kit added no weight to the car? If you know how to drive you can start any roll in the CSRT with pretty much max boost on tap.. I take it you don't really know how much more power you would have to pull that much on a C SRT...

I'm really starting to think this is just another member on here messing with us.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:30 PM
drhoward
Penis Mod Erator

Didn't you read! He took out the tire jack!

1 TIRE JACK=1 TURBO KIT
Old 12-01-2010, 05:34 PM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

Oh, my mistake.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:41 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

So the OP was in full boost, ready to roll, and got the jump... while the CSRT was completely out of boost, anticipating the OP, and in the wrong gear? Ok.

Good run with the Z. You should've let the SRT at least get beside you, idk, not really a run I would post about, but that's just me.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:43 PM
Mr. E
Banned

Cool, dont believe me then, I couldnt care less
Old 12-01-2010, 05:45 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Never said I didn't believe you. Just said that I wouldn't post a one sided run like that. It'll be ok.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:46 PM
Mr. E
Banned

Originally Posted by Stone629
Good run with the Z. You should've let the SRT at least get beside you, idk, not really a run I would post about, but that's just me.
Why? When cars race each other around courses, do they let another car catch up to them? Dont think so. He made it clear he was ready to run by being a foot off my bumper when I took off and started the left turn. If he cant keep up, his fault and he needs to learn to drive better He had a free open lane right next to me. I am not going to do a slow down and ricer honk 3 times. Light goes green and its all fair game.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:51 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Why? When cars race each other around courses, do they let another car catch up to them? Dont think so. He made it clear he was ready to run by being a foot off my bumper when I took off and started the left turn. If he cant keep up, his fault and he needs to learn to drive better He had a free open lane right next to me. I am not going to do a slow down and ricer honk 3 times. Light goes green and its all fair game.
Wow man. I'm not even sure how to respond to that.

Quick Reply: Me vs 370Z Nismo and Dodge Caliber SRT4