Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

A little bit of fun, after a long time...

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 10:07 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Default A little bit of fun, after a long time...

So today I was on my way to class and decided to take the highway because of how clear the roads seemed, and the plows had done a pretty good job the other night... Anyway, I was cruising in the middle lane and I see this TINY red car flying up on my left, and after it shot past me at like 90 I noticed it was a MINI! What piqued my interest was that it was one of those newer 4 door ones and seemed pretty small and sporty in spite of that (how do they manage it?). Anyway, I pulled up next to him and we took off at a 40 roll, and that thing did pretty ok for a what, 2 liter? Anyway, I put about (rough guess from rear view mirror) 1 or 1.5 car lengths on him before we shut down and decided not to really test our luck in this weather, it was fun but I didn't exit with him cause I hear those things are insane from a dig?(plus I had a class to get to lol)
Sorry for any misuse of slang/terminology, im still getting my bearings on this part of the site!
Old 01-13-2011, 10:55 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Sounds like one of those Club Minis, or whatever there called... basically an extended Mini. Any idea of it was an S model or not? Either way, nice run man!

Kind of doubt they launch very hard with the FWD. Its around the turns that they well leave ya.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:09 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
Sounds like one of those Club Minis, or whatever there called... basically an extended Mini. Any idea of it was an S model or not? Either way, nice run man!

Kind of doubt they launch very hard with the FWD. Its around the turns that they well leave ya.
Ah, that makes sense. It was some kind of visually(atleast) souped up mini, cause of the spoilers, rims and crazy european paint job. It had a freaking checkered flag paint job on its REAR VIEW MIRRORS...WHY?. Anyway, it only had one actual word on the back and it said cooper S in chrome and red letters. Thats all I saw as far as info on the trunk, debadged possibly?? I don't know much about mini's lol.
And are they really FWD? I always though they were all 4 or rear only? And yeah I hear those euros know their way around the bends
Old 01-13-2011, 11:14 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by aaquib1992
Ah, that makes sense. It was some kind of visually(atleast) souped up mini, cause of the spoilers, rims and crazy european paint job. It had a freaking checkered flag paint job on its REAR VIEW MIRRORS...WHY?. Anyway, it only had one actual word on the back and it said cooper S in chrome and red letters. Thats all I saw as far as info on the trunk, debadged possibly?? I don't know much about mini's lol.
And are they really FWD? I always though they were all 4 or rear only? And yeah I hear those euros know their way around the bends
Yea, if it has that red "S" on the back, then it was a turbo Mini. I don't know about the larger Minis, but the small ones can actually be pretty quick cars. But yea, they absolutely shine around the bends. IMO, your stang did a good job pulling on him as much as you did.