Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Updated Goat times. (Not so depressing)

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 03:26 AM
Sidewayz6.0
Super Moderator

Default Updated Goat times. (Not so depressing)

Well, it's not amazingly depressing since I really don't care. But those of you who wanted to know. Here it is.

GTO's for some reason, don't like to hook up. It blazes the tires leaving the light. On the rare occasion one can get it to hook, it shifts into second and sets the tires on fire again. The autocraptastic transmission in this car is one of the more poorly designed POS's on the planet. I've hated this trans on the street from day one. I've now cemented this thought given my passes tonight. If it smokes the tires leaving the light, and you decide to lift the throttle just for a split second, it shifts. Then it takes a good two to three seconds to think about what gear it wants to be in and then kicks down again. Yet resulting in a John Force stlye tire fire all the way out to the 1/8th. Also resulting in a 15+ second pass with a MPH somewhere in the 150 range! (J/K)

The car went a best of 13.80 something. I don't recall exactly, and not one pass was made without it smoking the tires at some point or another. It really needs a set of drag radials. Oh, and a converter some kind of bad.

So it was kind of a waste. But I did put my woman in the car and she made her first pass ever. On the plus side...We now have a new fan of drag racing as she got out of the car with a grin from ear to ear.

Feel free to flame on. In the mean time, I'm going to go hang an oily rag from the gas tank. Anyone know of an 04 Cobra for sale?
Old 08-28-2005, 03:39 AM
WRXtranceformed
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Depressing Goat times.

Oof, don't let it get you down bro. Maybe try out a torque converter of some kind and some drag radials and see what she'll run before you make the car switch? What kind of difference could you see those making?
Old 08-28-2005, 04:08 AM
Phillyblunt474
2nd Gear Member

Eh i coulda told you they smoke the tires (drove my friends and i know what ya mean)

But with some tires youll be fine i think, and way to be gettin your wife on teh bandwagon, pick her up a 5.0 andd give her some cash and tell her to have fun
Old 08-28-2005, 04:11 AM
Hisss04Cobra
says hiththth

for 50,000 you can have my stock 3700 mile 04
Old 08-28-2005, 04:21 AM
Phillyblunt474
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Hisss04Cobra

for 50,000 you can have my stock 3700 mile 04
Heres the check

booooooing
Old 08-28-2005, 11:54 AM
Sidewayz6.0
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Phillyblunt474

Eh i coulda told you they smoke the tires (drove my friends and i know what ya mean)

But with some tires youll be fine i think, and way to be gettin your wife on teh bandwagon, pick her up a 5.0 andd give her some cash and tell her to have fun
Nah, she can stick to the goat. My five oh is off limits.
Old 08-28-2005, 11:57 AM
TommyV8
5th Gear Member

What were your trap speeds? They should be relatively unaffected by traction.
Save the cash and get a used auto LS1 f-body: 13.2-13.5 bone stock with less money and horsepower. Depression cured.
Old 08-28-2005, 01:04 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

And some nice saggy doors with a weak *** 10 bolt [8D]

Anyways, put some radials on the Goat and give it a shot for poopies and giggles.
Old 08-28-2005, 01:40 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Sidewayz6.0

Well, it's not amazingly depressing since I really don't care. But those of you who wanted to know. Here it is.

GTO's for some reason, don't like to hook up. It blazes the tires leaving the light. On the rare occasion one can get it to hook, it shifts into second and sets the tires on fire again.
Welcome to the wonderful world of IRS, baby! Now you know exactly what us Cobra guys are going through.
Old 08-28-2005, 01:41 PM
01GT
I ♥ Acer

I tell you Sidewayz we won't hold the first runs against you. Get some tires atleast and run it again then we will see what that car can do. Run it with just tires first then go and get a converter.

Quick Reply: Updated Goat times. (Not so depressing)