Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

New 350z owner

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 10:52 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Default New 350z owner

So its been a while lol, haven't had time between college and work to really even drive my car that often (public trans in the city is too hassle free).

But since I got back home I ran into a 350z on Tuesday night. It was pretty fresh looking in terms of paint (a beautiful white, offset by those chrome/metal pieces). And still had dealer tags on it lol...

Anyway he was first at a light and I pulled up behind him to wait. As it turned green he (I think) floored it from there and I struggled to keep up (little 4.0 was giving her all), and as we reached about 60 he suddenly stops. I mean to say, no brake lights, but his speed decreases like crazy and I brake in time to avoid a collision.

He then scoots over into the right lane, and proceeds to honk off (at this point I am a bit suspicious of him) and he shoots off on the 2nd honk. I tried to keep up but around 90-100 things got nasty lol.

Second time was from another light, and this time I went all the way up to a grand total of 80 before he again stopped abruptly...? I think I kept my side view mirror more than a few inches ahead of his. (intensely proud of that lol)

We pulled up to each other again at the next light and when I rolled my window down every time I tried to compliment his car he just revved at me (his window was down, and he was looking right at me). Aside from being greeted with a nasty pungent smell to boot from his cabin, that was one of my more strange escapades...

Just wondering (I'm still pretty new to this gig) if this was common for the 4.0? I know its a weak engine, but I thought I would have fared a little better. Especially since I was racing a guy who (for lack of a better description) looked like Wario from those old nintendo games haha

thanks for the read.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:43 PM
speedkills
3rd Gear Member

2nd honk? stopping? lol sounds like Wario might have been a bit tipsy???

Anyway nice run. That's impressive that you could keep up.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:59 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

You did well. Older non HR 350Zs run lower 14s with good drivers, and the HR 350Zs typically run mid to high 13s with average drivers, and faster than mid 13s with excellent drivers on a glory pass. That driver sounds like an idiot though. I wouldn't even play with somebody driving like that, man. You're better off letting him go. But yea, sounds like you did pretty damn decent. Good run!
Old 06-30-2011, 12:02 AM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by speedkills
2nd honk? stopping? lol sounds like Wario might have been a bit tipsy???

Anyway nice run. That's impressive that you could keep up.
Haha yeah now that I think about it, he just had this weird smug look when I finally saw his face at the last light. Maybe that's what the smell was, but honestly it was way more disgusting than liquor, almost like he had been detailing his car with feces...

Gotta be a special kind of reckless to race while under the influence, anyway thanks man! Didn't really keep up the first time, but second try was where the love was lol.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:43 AM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
You did well. Older non HR 350Zs run lower 14s with good drivers, and the HR 350Zs typically run mid to high 13s with average drivers, and faster than mid 13s with excellent drivers on a glory pass. That driver sounds like an idiot though. I wouldn't even play with somebody driving like that, man. You're better off letting him go. But yea, sounds like you did pretty damn decent. Good run!
Oh wow, guess I did better than I had thought. I don't really know what model it was, seemed new looking but I honestly couldn't tell a 03 and an 08 apart at all. Add to that, his windows were tinted so I never got a great look at his interior until the end.

Yeah I think I'll let these crazy ones go next time, a reckless move on my part now that I think back but I had to bite. Almost 2 months of no fun really starts to hurt a man's health haha.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:25 AM
okbfd
4th Gear Member

Nice runs. Bizarre behavior from the guy. Was he driving a manual or auto?
Old 06-30-2011, 04:01 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

I think it was a manual considering how he slowed down, I'm guessing he downshifted? But it would have to have been pretty hard on his trans I'm guessing.

But yeah thanks okbfd!
Old 06-30-2011, 05:09 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

Ummm 350s haven't been made in years.........
Old 06-30-2011, 05:16 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stkjock
Ummm 350s haven't been made in years.........
It was probably used, but he still had dealer plates and a very new looking paint job/finish... Sorry if that was confusing lol. I meant to say "the car looked brand new"
Old 07-01-2011, 06:50 AM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

Its not confusing I took "new 350z owner" as a new owner of a 350z...everyone in this section should know the 370 is out..

Quick Reply: New 350z owner