Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Another unexpected win... 2010+ Camaro SS

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 10:37 PM
Bokeo
2nd Gear Member

Default Another unexpected win... 2010+ Camaro SS

Well.. I finally got to run one and results were unexpected.

He sort of had a slight headstart cus I was sitting at the redlight and he was rolling up on it.. light turned green and I heard him romp on it so I followed suit.

He got about a whole car length ahead as I wound out 1st gear... I grab 2nd and stop his pull... wind out 2nd gear bringing his back bumper to my about my window. Grab 3rd.. its pretty even.. as I grab 4th gear I start walking him verrrrrry slowly. I look over as I put it into 5th and I see 2 guys inside and the passenger is laughing but the driver doesnt look so entertained.

At this point I look down at the speedo and its approaching 130 so I slow down with his front bumper close to my rear bumper.

I guess he felt the race needed to go to 150 or so because he kept going... and going... lol. I wanted to talk to him and try to get an even race but I dont think he wanted any part of it.

Im really loving these Nittos, they make the car alot more enjoyable to drive.

Cant wait to get the Long tubes and Aluminum driveshaft..

And yes I still havnt been to the track yet... out here in El Paso there isnt any good ones (or atleast I dont think). I might drive up to Arizona this weekend and look for one.

Anyways... pretty excited and suprised I beat this SS. Oh and Im pretty sure it was an AUTO because I could hear it shifting as we were racing and it sounded like it.

Right now my 3.7 has some respectable kills under its belt
-300C SRT-8
-Bolt on EVO X
-Challenger R/T
-and now a new Camaro SS

Note-worthy losses
-Nissan Skyline GTR
-C5 Z06
-Supercharged 2003 Mustang GT
-Big Turbo Integra

Cheers
Old 08-09-2011, 12:32 AM
3.0Taurass
3rd Gear Member

The l99 is certainly less powerful than the ls3. Nicely done. Were the guys in the car fat? Lol

Any mods to your 3.7? I am on my phone and can't see sigs
Old 08-09-2011, 12:56 AM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

Based on your mods and how I did against a L99 Camaro in my stock 3.7L, this doesn't surprise me too much. The best L99's have trapped stock is 107/108mph. I'd say with your mods, an experienced driver and great track conditions, you should be able match that kind of top end.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:58 AM
Bokeo
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 3.0Taurass
The l99 is certainly less powerful than the ls3. Nicely done. Were the guys in the car fat? Lol

Any mods to your 3.7? I am on my phone and can't see sigs
They looked about average sized guys lol. I have exhaust, chip/tune, CAI, and 3.73 gears.

Originally Posted by 83gtragtop
Based on your mods and how I did against a L99 Camaro in my stock 3.7L, this doesn't surprise me too much. The best L99's have trapped stock is 107/108mph. I'd say with your mods, an experienced driver and great track conditions, you should be able match that kind of top end.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:00 AM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

Get that thing to a track already. lol

nice kill
Old 08-09-2011, 10:36 AM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

your exhaust adds nothing to your performance, not worth saying exhaust or peole will start thinking headers or atleast mid-pipe.

better yet, just call it air filter only. whenever those LS1 "cam only" guys ask me what I have done i'll say air filter only
Old 08-09-2011, 10:47 AM
Bokeo
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by S8ER01Z
Get that thing to a track already. lol

nice kill
Working on it! Thank you

Originally Posted by Mishri
your exhaust adds nothing to your performance, not worth saying exhaust or peole will start thinking headers or atleast mid-pipe.

better yet, just call it air filter only. whenever those LS1 "cam only" guys ask me what I have done i'll say air filter only
Well... I wouldnt go as far to say it does 'nothing' for performance. Just the weight difference from the stock muffler to the Borla was almost shocking. The stock mufflers seemed like a stack of bricks compared... and well the sound makes it all worth it.

Im looking at getting LT Headers an X-pipe soon to compliment the Borla.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:24 AM
89LX Coupe
4th Gear Member

Great kill man!!! Witch nittoss do you have?

Im with you on the sound thing it makes the money well spent!! What brand LT's and mid pipe you getting? And catted?
Old 08-09-2011, 12:33 PM
Bokeo
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 89LX Coupe
Great kill man!!! Witch nittoss do you have?

Im with you on the sound thing it makes the money well spent!! What brand LT's and mid pipe you getting? And catted?
Thanks man. I more than likely will be going with the Ceramic BBK LT headers and Catted X-pipe. If borla had a catted X-Pipe I would probably get it from them but they only offer the off road version.

Oh, and tires are Nitto NT555
Old 08-09-2011, 01:23 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

very nice my man..

Quick Reply: Another unexpected win... 2010+ Camaro SS