Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Stock 4th Gen Camaro SS M6

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 02:21 PM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

Default Stock 4th Gen Camaro SS M6

Stopped at Yates today (performance shop) to pick up some parts for the car (replacing lifters saturday). On my way home I see a black SS stalking me through traffic... we were both just crusing T-tops off...mullets blowing in the breeze.

Hit a section of construction and he ended up right behind me until it cleared and split to multi-lane again. Immediately at the end of the zone was a redlight and he jumped over next to me and rolled out. I pretended he wasn't there and figured I would see what he did... when the light changed he took off hard and I followed suit... I launched much better and got off the line clean but then around 3000rpm the tires started to let loose and squeal (first gear pretty much just spins for me... kumho asx ftl)... I must say its kind of fun to pull on another car while spinning. I grab 2nd and stay in it just long enough to see him give up. lol... short sprint and not a major gap between us at the end but was pretty fun. Can't wait to get the new pushrods/lifters in and raise this rev limiter. (hypertech should be here today or tomorrow).

I really dont know how you higher hp cars play at all on the street... I thought I had the driver mod for a while but I couldn't imagine getting something with a blower to hook up on the street. ugh.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:46 PM
SSKiller
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by S8ER01Z
Stopped at Yates today (performance shop) to pick up some parts for the car (replacing lifters saturday). On my way home I see a black SS stalking me through traffic... we were both just crusing T-tops off...mullets blowing in the breeze.

Hit a section of construction and he ended up right behind me until it cleared and split to multi-lane again. Immediately at the end of the zone was a redlight and he jumped over next to me and rolled out. I pretended he wasn't there and figured I would see what he did... when the light changed he took off hard and I followed suit... I launched much better and got off the line clean but then around 3000rpm the tires started to let loose and squeal (first gear pretty much just spins for me... kumho asx ftl)... I must say its kind of fun to pull on another car while spinning. I grab 2nd and stay in it just long enough to see him give up. lol... short sprint and not a major gap between us at the end but was pretty fun. Can't wait to get the new pushrods/lifters in and raise this rev limiter. (hypertech should be here today or tomorrow).

I really dont know how you higher hp cars play at all on the street... I thought I had the driver mod for a while but I couldn't imagine getting something with a blower to hook up on the street. ugh.
Hence, why lower hp cars can win on the street some of the time.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:46 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Nice job! Time for some dr's.

Even with Nitto dr's there's no way in hell i can spray in 1st...even from a slow roll. It just pretty much goes from nothing to redline in an instant.

I think with the right suspension and the right dr's it can make a HUGE difference though.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:20 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Nice kill my man. It was a bi*** to get use to the Vortech and the 410's for me. Now I just feather it off the line and hope I can catch up..
Old 08-11-2011, 04:50 PM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

Hah, try having ok power and fwd :/
Old 08-11-2011, 05:04 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

^^^My friend you don't have ok power! I would love to see that thing in person! btw the Blue ever get a 5.0? I know he mentioned it a while back..
Old 08-11-2011, 05:07 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Good run, S8er. Sounds like you need some decent tires on the rear. Are you planning on tuning it yourself with the hypertech?
Old 08-11-2011, 07:27 PM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Soldier GT
^^^My friend you don't have ok power! I would love to see that thing in person! btw the Blue ever get a 5.0? I know he mentioned it a while back..
Hah, well if everything goes as planned wait about ~2 more months. :]

He hasn't been on much lately, haha I'm sure if he got a 5.0 we'd know with some track times already.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:28 PM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
Good run, S8er. Sounds like you need some decent tires on the rear. Are you planning on tuning it yourself with the hypertech?
I had a hypertech programer on my old Gt. Really didn't give much variables to make custom though it might be completely diff now/and or with the LS.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:42 PM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

With how its running on stock tune I'm going to use the hypertech as a stopgap until I can drop money for a dyno tune. I can't too crazy as I still have to drive it in the snow very soon.

Quick Reply: Stock 4th Gen Camaro SS M6