Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Went to the track tonight, getting faster still.

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 08:18 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

well if you already have 555r's you should be set then. mine are working good for me. i'm getting 1.70 60's with mine and that's with me hitting the juice half a second after the launch. my 3800 stall dropped a half a second my itself so you'll see the same i'm sure.

but the auto mach's shouldn't be any different than an auto gt. I had a bbk o/r hpipe on mine when i had stock manifolds and it was fine. just make sure you put some rtv around the flanges that attach to the manifolds to make sure there's no leaks.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:20 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Explosive
Man the driver mod must really be with you lol, I know on the mach registry all the auto guys who can get way down in the 13's usually have a nice handful of mods. I think with more time I would be able to shave a little more off. I got 5 runs but i'm still getting used to that launch.

Def. considering an O/R midpipe. I thought I read something about a lot of them fit like crap on the auto machs ? I lean towards an H vs X mostly because I hate the friggin raspy sound X's seem to create. My exhaust is nice and deep right now.

I really wanted to see low 13's this year N/A but I'm still happy with the constant progress I made this year. Each time I went I got a new best time. And this car is the only one I've ever put down an actual track. So figure I've only been running on a track since June.
Well, I ran those ETs in 50 degree and cooler air, and had a decent 1.9 60' on the 555s, so the conditions were really good for running good ETs. I never got much out of tuning a Mach for some reason. The dyno sheet always showed gains, but the track did not. The fastest one I've had didn't have a tune, just gears, ORX, and some weld in flows. It was a 12.9, 110 mph car on BFGs and a 2.0 60' (manual).

Mine really wasn't all that raspy with the X. It was with straight through mufflers, bad enough that I took them off the same day! But with Flows, I got a lot of torque back that was lost with the straight thrus, and imo it sounded pretty wicked. Here's a clip of my manual Mach with an ORX an Flows at wide open throttle against a 4.10/geared/tuned/intake S197

http://www.youtube.com/user/Mach1Spd#p/u/41/grl77j14NmE

Last edited by Stone629; 11-03-2011 at 08:33 PM.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:26 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
Well, I ran those ETs in 50 degree and cooler air, and had a decent 1.9 60' on the 555s, so the conditions were really good for running good ETs. And the track is close to sea level. Mine really wasn't all that raspy with the X. It was with straight through mufflers, bad enough that I took them off the same day! But with Flows, I got a lot of torque back that was lost with the straight thrus, and imo it sounded pretty wicked. Here's a clip of my manual Mach with an ORX an Flows at wide open throttle against a 4.10/geared/tuned/intake S197

http://www.youtube.com/user/Mach1Spd#p/u/41/grl77j14NmE
you lost a bunch of torque with the straight thru's? i didn't feel any difference going from my mac mufflers to lm1's and an o/r h
Old 11-03-2011, 08:36 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
you lost a bunch of torque with the straight thru's? i didn't feel any difference going from my mac mufflers to lm1's and an o/r h
Noticeable loss. It was all lost down low. I could actually feel it in the driver's seat. I took it the same day and had flows welded in, and swear to God it was back to having traction issues under part throttle.

Do you have cats? Wonder if its an H Vs X thing? Or maybe just the difference between the 4V and 2V.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:37 PM
Explosive

I love my magnapacks, great sound IMO, theres a video of me coming off the line about halfway in,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64X52Jz0DC0

I'm sure the convertor would help big. It'd **** me off that I couldnt leave the line worth a damn with the stock one. Curious, as I've found out the flash > footbrake with the stock convertor. I always assumed with a high stall you'd wanna footbrake. This true of does it vary ?
Old 11-03-2011, 08:59 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

You just don't get as high of an RPM leaving under a load versus flashing, imo. Whatever RPM you're sitting at while preloading is the RPM that it will be at when you get off the brake and launch. I had a 4k in a 98 LS1, and I couldn't preload it past 2k, but if I stomped it from idle it would get on up there closer to 4k.

A good converter should knock 4-5 tenths off your ET, street tires or not.

Stick with cats of some kind with Magnapacks. My cuz is running Magnas and an ORH and it sounds pretty rough. Loud as hell and beastly, but just doesn't have that tuned sound like it should without the cats. Yours sounds amazing though.

Last edited by Stone629; 11-03-2011 at 09:03 PM.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:12 PM
Explosive

Yea, I figure if I am able to do everything I want this winter I'll pretty much have to relearn the whole car over again lol. Definitely want to do some suspension mods. I've heard of guys getting 2 tenths from adjustable control arms. I have always loved the cars that leave the line hard. I want mine to move off the line when it's done. most all my 60' times are 2.0x as of now with a couple 2.1x the 60' didnt seem to really change between the two launch differences.

Glad I haven't changed the car since spring. Seat time alone will obviously shave some time off the ET I was running 13.8's when I first started racing the car.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:42 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

i had an offroad h when i put my lm1's on and didn't notice any change. however with the converter my car never sees under 4k when i'm at wot so maybe that's why i dont notice anything. but now with my longtubes/or x/magnapacks it sounds awesome. I should work on getting a good vid of it.

but anyways that converter will do wonders on your 60's. you'll drop atleast quarter second off your 60 foot time.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:48 PM
Explosive

Yea, eventually I'd like to see the car get into the 11's. I'm sure once that happens I'll want to go faster, it never ends lol.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:06 AM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Explosive
Yea, eventually I'd like to see the car get into the 11's. I'm sure once that happens I'll want to go faster, it never ends lol.
oh yes that's how it always works man. when i bought this gt and sold my '95 i just planned on a couple bolt ons and a 100 shot and mid 12's. now i've got a built/stalled auto and am building a forged motor for it currently and with either throw a 200+ shot at it or boost.

Quick Reply: Went to the track tonight, getting faster still.