Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

why did i lose?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 03:30 PM
zentin
Banned

Unhappy why did i lose?

I was driving home from the hospital then all of a sudden this old white hatchback civic (i would guess 95'ish) zoomed right behind me, then went to pass me, so i floored it and i was going about 80 mph but he just passed me like it was nothing i'm sure he was going 100mph or more! he looked pretty young though, but he had a pretty blonde girlfriend too! i felt like such a loser

though the whole time he had a ton of white smoke coming from his tailpipe and smelt like something was burning....do you think he used Nitrous?

even when he turned the corner at the next light he continuously had white smoke coming from his tailpipe and it smelt like something was burning...the car looked like a total POS, all rusted, scratched and old...but damn it was fast!
Old 10-07-2013, 03:39 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Haha! You lost because...he was faster?!?! Don't underestimate cars like that. Plenty of "sleepers" on the road. A sleeper is where someone has modified the vehicle to run far faster/better than it appears. I had an 82 F150 that was a sleeper back in the late 90's. It was funny to win a lot of races with a rusted out piece of junk.

Take it for what it was. A fun little race. Nothing more.

If it makes you feel better, here's a Lambo getting smoked by a Civic CRX.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:50 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Those lil Civic hatchback's are super light! As wcgman mentioned above, it could be modded out under the hood and be a sleeper.
When he was behind you, did you drop it down a gear to get on it?
If he was drove past you at 90+ MPH and you were only going 70+ MPH, there is no way you could of caught up to him.
I wouldn't consider that a real race, so no one loses.

Last edited by kevinmalec; 10-07-2013 at 03:54 PM.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:52 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Simple.... It weighs probably 1000 pounds less than your car. Guessing your car is stock you are around 260whp, that civic if its a B-series, H-Series, or K-series motor it can be putting down around 180-240whp depending on the mods. So you do the math when it comes to power/weight ratio.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:56 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Zentin - keep in mind. You're driving a newer, nicer looking mustang. He's driving a rusty looking bucket o' junk. Even if it is fast, the girl will probably still go home with you over him if it's based on the car alone
Old 10-07-2013, 03:58 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wcgman
Zentin - keep in mind. You're driving a newer, nicer looking mustang. He's driving a rusty looking bucket o' junk. Even if it is fast, the girl will probably still go home with you over him if it's based on the car alone
Lol.... Thats the joke I use with my friends that are into the Honda/import scene like that. But in their defense they seem to have the nicer/younger looking girls. I have noticed with the Mustang/American scene it is generally butch girls or older women :\.
Old 10-07-2013, 04:53 PM
maxmustang
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2005Redfire6
Lol.... Thats the joke I use with my friends that are into the Honda/import scene like that. But in their defense they seem to have the nicer/younger looking girls. I have noticed with the Mustang/American scene it is generally butch girls or older women :\.

You don't live in Northern California haha. I used to work at a mall in Palo Alto and I would close and leave work at 10pm. When walking to my car at night girls and women employees from Bloomigdales and Macys would see it and compliment me all the time. Mostly white or asian women. Keep in mind this was back in 2009 when I had my white 2005 V6 Mustang. I also went to city college where 90% of the population were asian. Most asian girls love tuners but there a lot that LOVE american muscle too. It's more masculine to them.
I'm also 21 now so my age might play a factor in this.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:15 PM
whosniffedme
3rd Gear Member

Guys, this guy has been posting stuff like this for weeks now. I'm almost positive he's just trolling the forums.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:35 PM
okbfd
4th Gear Member

OK, this dipschit is a professional troll. He has been bombing OT for a bit and is an absolute arsewipe.

Old 10-07-2013, 08:18 PM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2005Redfire6
Yea, those good lookin girls hangin with the rice crowd probably have every STD known to mankind and they are usually the stupidest chicks around....which could be good at times but, that's why they are with ricers! Plus, ricers are always dumbazzes that don't know sh*t about anything but tire shine, wax and fart cans! So, a girl worth hangin out with would never consider hangin with the rice crowd and knows american muscle is the way to go!

http://imagemacros.files.wordpress.c...****_yeah1.jpg

Last edited by daredevil95; 10-07-2013 at 08:22 PM.

Quick Reply: why did i lose?