Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Really quick vid of me at the track

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 10:58 PM
Maraman
3rd Gear Member

Default Really quick vid of me at the track

I know its short, but SS has been boring lately, my friend filmed this on my phone but had his finger over the camera, found out one of my other friends had this vid and he just sent it to me.

This was my best run of the day, I have no slip for it.

From what my friends told me this was a Camaro SS, auto. I didnt check the car out but they did after the run.

enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0t_N...ature=youtu.be

edit btw at the end of the vid my friend was saying " I might or might not have had my finger over the camera" haha
Old 12-21-2011, 11:02 PM
The Stig
4th Gear Member

Good race, what kind of times were you running?
Old 12-21-2011, 11:06 PM
Maraman
3rd Gear Member

My times were dumpster, first time at the track with this car, I was running 15-13's, yea I know, couldn't get traction, and was missing gears.

This particular run I think was a 13.4

I know this car is capable of 12's stock, and there was another guy there with a bone stock 2011 manual running 12.4, he as an amazing driver though.

Just need more practice launching with a manual.

edit: the more I watch the vid, the more that I think that it wasn't an SS. I'll let you guys be the judges of that.

Last edited by Maraman; 12-21-2011 at 11:16 PM.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:16 PM
The Stig
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Maraman
My times were dumpster, first time at the track with this car, I was running 15-13's, yea I know, couldn't get traction, and was missing gears.

This particular run I think was a 13.4

I know this car is capable of 12's stock, and there was another guy there with a bone stock 2011 manual running 12.4, he as an amazing driver though.

Just need more practice launching with a manual.
13.4 isn't horrible for your first time at the track with the car. As you do more & more passes, you will start to see your driving improve & your times drop. Something I started doing in my vette is just practice shifting through the gears 1-4 every time after I drive it. And I've also found that keeping your thumb off the shifter and on top of your index finger will help prevent miss shifts. I think they do run in the high 12s stock but 12.4 sounds too fast for stock. Maybe with DRs and some simple bolt ons.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:12 AM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Car sounds amazing, Maraman! Good run, just keep practicing and you'll surprise yourself. That could've been an SS with a new driver or just a bad run. See it all the time.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:49 AM
z28th1s
2nd Gear Member

Not too bad!! More practice on launching and some sticky tires will get your times on down into the 12's.

It's a little hard to tell, but from looking at the video is doesn't look like the Camaro had the 'slit' above the front fascia in front of the hood. If it doesn't have that 'slit' then it isn't an SS.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:10 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

Your traction issue might have been also because it was Lapeer. It isn't a grippy track.
Old 12-22-2011, 01:10 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Nice video. That was a pretty getto looking track. Cant imagine prep was that outstanding. I'd guess your car would be a mid 12 car with everything being perfect.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:29 PM
Maraman
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for the input guys, like I mentioned I didn't check the Camaro out for myself, but two of my friends assured me that it was. So thats all I can go off of.

@ stone, thanks man, I'm def a fanboy of SLP's but I still want it louder, thinking an off-road X with some magnaflow catbacks to the SLP's will be just right.

@ Blue, yea Lapeer is pretty ghetto, its in the middle of the woods. Not a bad track though.

JLT cold air, and Bama tune is on order, will be on after winter. Probably going with a Barton short throw with shifter bracket. I have really no experience with short throw's but I've done my homework on the Barton shifter and everyone has been raving about it. Anything I need to know about short throws? its a 40% reduction in throw, I basically want to reduce the slop of the stock shifter, I think that its the main reason I am missing gears, because I am short shifting and the stock shifter has too much play. I need that solid locking metal feel. Any more info you guys can provide would be awesome. You guys in S/S are the best.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:37 AM
Maraman
3rd Gear Member

Short shifters anyone? This thread aint dying just yet

Quick Reply: Really quick vid of me at the track