Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Just thought I would brag...

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 12:13 AM
35annivGT
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Just thought I would brag...

Troy Carter .119 10.326 131.98

damn man impressive.....
Old 09-16-2005, 01:40 AM
01GT
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: JD1969

Since Troy intoduced himself, I guess I will come in and vouch for him. He is infact who he says he is, infact he lives a few houses down from me. Both the 95GT (which is an NMRA factory stock class racer) and the old Stangcrazy real street car are/were the real deal. For those of you who doubt what the 95 GT does look into the NMRA class called Factory Stock, those parts are on the car because it's what is legal in the class. I can think of only one other heads up racer on this board (birdman) and while TMC did kinda come and start *hit, you gys could all learn a ton from him, he really is a cool guy who is more than willing to help, the problem is time and time again people on forums just like this one raise the old BS flag and call him a lier, when they don't even know what class he runs in. Educate yourself people, you guys on this board are not as smart as you all think you are, when you realize this you might actually learn somthing.

So you are telling me with a set of heads and an intake with some BFGs he ran a 11.8 @ 113? Hell if it was that easy why are we all not doing it? Or is there more done to the car then that?
Old 09-16-2005, 01:54 AM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

The class it runs in calls for certain parts to be used and there is a 306 CI limit, the short block is not what I would call stock, but it's not crazy either, basicly light weight stuff, and alot of attention to detail. It's not easy to run that class either, but there is alot more to it than alot of HP, things like 60' (his car has been 1.58) and weight (min of 3150 for his car) gearing, trans mods and just plain useing the right parts the right way.
If you care to read it here are the rules http://www.nmraracing.com/rules/fact...ck/default.htm
I can understand when people doubt things, but it does what he claims, somtimes I think you guys can be a little quick to shoot things down and don't look into things before you comment. Despite what some of you guys think, you have not seen and done everything.
(the las comment was not directed at you in particular 01GT, but to most people here.)
Old 09-16-2005, 01:59 AM
01GT
I ♥ Acer

Thats cool I will read it tomorrow I'm going to bed right now. First all it was where his times and those two things. So thats why I doubted it. Need to come with all of the info first. Cause a 95GT with Cobra heads and intake with stock cams and a set of BFG will not get those times. But light weight, suspension stuff, and some few other strategically placed things could get the job done. I know I have seen or done it all. But I just put in what I see and do at the track and I always get jumped for it but hey thats life so I deal with it. Talk to you guys tomorrow.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:20 AM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

I dont care who he is. He had no right coming into a thread whether it be me or anyone elses talking the way he did. Im sure you, JD had something to do with it seeing as how you know him personally.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:29 AM
Obsol3te
6th Gear Member

Alright, so maybe he DOES have a very nice suspension setup.
And I reneg my previous statement.
But I did come pretty close with his short times
Old 09-16-2005, 04:44 AM
Sidewayz6.0
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: 01GT

Troy Carter
1995 GT
Cobra heads and intake
Stock cam on BFG DR's
Best ET with current combo = 11.81 @ 113.3 MPH

[sm=bs.gif]

This is all this kid has on his car. You guys honestly think that car will run that with a set of heads and intake? If so I will go and buy a 95GT with heads and intake and spank pullied Cobras. I just don't see his car running that fast unless those are 1/8 times.

HAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!! I couldn't wait for someone to call that out. OH! The proof of your ignorance Dallas.

Old 09-16-2005, 04:49 AM
Sidewayz6.0
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: jdaniel

I dont care who he is. He had no right coming into a thread whether it be me or anyone elses talking the way he did. Im sure you, JD had something to do with it seeing as how you know him personally.
The ***** on you JDaniel. You act like you own the place. And again, you talk more **** than anyone else on this board. Regardless of someone starting **** or not...You have no room to talk.

Not to mention, you titled the thread..."Just thought I would brag" I can't even imagine how much lube it must take to get your head through the door.

Hi Booze. See if he copies this part in his PM to you.

Oh, and JDaniel....I was going to lock this thread because of the arguing, but you'll just cry and call me names because you weren't allowed to get a comeback in. So get it over with and I'll lock it up.
Old 09-16-2005, 05:36 AM
94ford5liter
4th Gear Member

Obsol3te this has nothing to with the post, but your car is ****in bad ***. Sounds so damn mean...
Old 09-16-2005, 09:19 AM
01GT
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Sidewayz6.0

ORIGINAL: 01GT

Troy Carter
1995 GT
Cobra heads and intake
Stock cam on BFG DR's
Best ET with current combo = 11.81 @ 113.3 MPH

[sm=bs.gif]

This is all this kid has on his car. You guys honestly think that car will run that with a set of heads and intake? If so I will go and buy a 95GT with heads and intake and spank pullied Cobras. I just don't see his car running that fast unless those are 1/8 times.

HAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!! I couldn't wait for someone to call that out. OH! The proof of your ignorance Dallas.

How was that ignorant? With what he listed it is not possible. He kind of forgot to throw the suspension gears exhaust block modifications on there. Again here you go sticking your nose were it doesn't belong. You kill me with your ignorance. You know I think it is because you are a Moderator so you think that means you are better than some of us. But hey I still love you anyway.

Quick Reply: Just thought I would brag...