Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

EVO's look good, In my rear view mirror...

Old 09-15-2005, 01:53 AM
seight311
5th Gear Member

Default EVO's look good, In my rear view mirror...

Brought it home for the Stangs tonite boys, came around a bend seen a new Evo pulling away from a stop light, got right beside him at a 25mph roll, we both punched it stayed even for about 2 seconds, started inching away from him, then I hit 4th and walked away from it. It's a guy that drives around every night talking alot of game, walks it most of the time to with that AWD. Not tonite, his girlfriend was with him and everything, big humiliation for him. Anyways drive it like you stole, show them imports its all about the displacement baby.
For those that dont know what i drive it's the 94 Cobra, only mod, downpipes.
Old 09-15-2005, 02:00 AM
Demon 340
Administrator

Default RE: EVO's look good, In my rear view mirror...

no offense, but it sounds like you found an Evo who needs to invest in the 'good driver' mod...your car is good for what, high 13s with your mods, and the evo, stock, should be into the mid 13s....from a roll would take away from his biggest issue, turbo lag, so he should have been even tougher for you...

youre sure that it wasnt a lancer?
Old 09-15-2005, 02:14 AM
seight311
5th Gear Member

Im positive, before I got my stang, and before I relized he talks a huge game with that car I talked to him about it one night there was a bunch of people around showing off their cars and what not. Hey man I didn't talk to him afterwards, I don't know if something went wrong with his car, if I dont know it was a street race we both took off equally I finished ahead. That was it, like I said he was right beside me, his front wheel was parallel to my rear one until I hit forth I started to walk past him. I don't know how fast we were going but I was in fourth and on the strip I was only in 3rd so we had to be cruising, prolly 100 maybe less, through town. I still have the tall gears in my car to so I imagine that helped when we got into the top end.
Old 09-15-2005, 02:41 AM
Demon 340
Administrator

hmm..either way, good kill...but be careful...if he learns to drive as well as he seemingly runs his mouth, it will be a little tougher next time..

btw way, was his girlfriend a fat broad, because every 100lbs is roughly a tenth in the QM...
Old 09-15-2005, 02:52 AM
seight311
5th Gear Member

LOL, I actually don't know. I don't think she is. Anyway in now way am I going to talk shnit about an Evo, there fast, nice cars, but I can think of way better things to do with 30k. Like take my $8,500 Cobra, and slap that additional $21,000 into it. It will more than exceed any and all aspects of an Evo. By the way, Sidewayz6.0 I cannot get the image out of my head that everyone driving an Evo looks like Kip. That pictures is so hilarious.
Old 09-15-2005, 03:27 AM
01GT
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Ride Of The Month

no offense, but it sounds like you found an Evo who needs to invest in the 'good driver' mod...your car is good for what, high 13s with your mods, and the evo, stock, should be into the mid 13s....from a roll would take away from his biggest issue, turbo lag, so he should have been even tougher for you...

youre sure that it wasnt a lancer?

Shouldn't the Evo be quicker from a dig because of the AWD? Thats why they are so good in the 1320. From a roll they are not all that I don't think. Maybe I'm wrong but launching at 5K and not spinning seems to get you going pretty well.
Old 09-15-2005, 03:50 AM
seight311
5th Gear Member

Awesome take off's for any AWD car. I know he would have jumped me by a couple cars if we raced from a stop, although I know either way I would have started to gain on him even if he did happen to win still, I would have closed the gap. But even when he gets going, as everyone knows, turbos kick in at high rpm's so you can't say EVO's are only fast cars off the line, they have some giddy up in them too. By no means am I saying I will kick the **** out of all AWD imports, I am simply saying I beat this one, tonite. And it was a nice kill (I think)for one of my first street runs, to take down an EVO.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:26 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: seight311

LOL, I actually don't know. I don't think she is. Anyway in now way am I going to talk shnit about an Evo, there fast, nice cars, but I can think of way better things to do with 30k. Like take my $8,500 Cobra, and slap that additional $21,000 into it. It will more than exceed any and all aspects of an Evo. By the way, Sidewayz6.0 I cannot get the image out of my head that everyone driving an Evo looks like Kip. That pictures is so hilarious.
so you have that extra 21k that you saved not buying that car to just throw into mods? damn.. i wish i could pay like 30k in cash for a car. that'd be nice.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:43 AM

ORIGINAL: nanaki

ORIGINAL: seight311

so you have that extra 21k that you saved not buying that car to just throw into mods? damn.. i wish i could pay like 30k in cash for a car. that'd be nice.
My question is if you had 30 grand to spend on a pony car, why would you even consider a 94 Cobra?

Old 09-15-2005, 10:10 AM
OneGearhead
6th Gear Member

nice win. i wont mess w/ Evo's.....but ill play around with STi's for some reason.......i guess i just like the STi's better, but im startin to like the EVO's.......oh well. nice win.........even if it WAS from a roll [8D]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: EVO's look good, In my rear view mirror...