Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

G37 - I need bigger fish

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 05:55 PM
justinschmidt1
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Kerns
Truth. I will occasionally run across an Audi R8, Lambo, Ferrari, Z06 Corvette, LS3 Corvette, Nissan GTR, Maserati, etc. when I am cruising around but its very rare. Most races I have to set up and typically with vette people its almost impossible to get them to race you.
Those guys seem to be like the vette guys...lol, wont even race you.

Not sure if its that they really dont want to or they dont want to risk getting shown up by a lowly mustang but it seems like most of the people with more expensive cars like that wont even race.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:26 PM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

Honestly at the track I rarely care about who I'm lined up with... I usually focus on getting a good launch so I don't even pay attention to the tree or the next lane.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:56 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by S8ER01Z
Honestly at the track I rarely care about who I'm lined up with... I usually focus on getting a good launch so I don't even pay attention to the tree or the next lane.
Same here man.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:04 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by justinschmidt1
Thats a joke and a half.

Im not gonna dig up my slips but the one sitting in front of me goes like this.

Me: 11.35 @ 121 mph
Who I raced: 17.3 @ 77 mph

Thats a pretty extreme one but when I go to cecil this is mostly what happens....seems to be a lot of 14-16 second cars...some 13 second ones, anything running 12s or better is rare.

The fastest car I raced that night was an Audi R8 but he ran like a 12.8 to my 11.45.
11.35 @ 121 is cute. Thats just another daily driver street car time at Atco. We have about 8 Hondas in the 10s trapping 130 on any given friday night. I've raced at Cecil many times and it's the luck of the draw on who you race there. At Atco they seperate the daily drivers and the actual cars with ***** for the cocky guys looking to get their teeth kicked in. Come try it out sometime. I know alot of people down here and can set you up a few races if your tired of being the fastest guy at the track.

Last edited by bluebeastsrt; 02-27-2012 at 08:41 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:17 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Don't come to Fayettenam either. 50% of them are running out if gear and letting off at the 1/8th and still running 9 and 10s in the 1/4. Biggest issue is keeping the front end down and not clearing the wall. EVOs, old 280s, Supras, Cobras, Vettes, SRT-4s, stuff like that consistently run 11s at 120+.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:03 PM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
11.35 @ 121 is cute. Thats just another daily driver street car time at Atco. We have about 8 Hondas in the 10s trapping 130 on any given friday night. I've raced at Cecil many times and it's the luck of the draw on who you race there. At Atco they seperate the daily drivers and the actual cars with ***** for the cocky guys looking to get their teeth kicked in. Come try it out sometime. I know alot of people down here and can set you up a few races if your tired of being the fasted guy at the track.
Dude, you're going to make fun of a guy because of his religious ideals? Not cool man, not cool at all.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:40 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 72MachOne99GT
Dude, you're going to make fun of a guy because of his religious ideals? Not cool man, not cool at all.
Guess I'll fix that so My jibberish isn't taken the wrong way..
Going in for the ninja edit
Old 02-28-2012, 12:13 PM
justinschmidt1
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
11.35 @ 121 is cute. Thats just another daily driver street car time at Atco. We have about 8 Hondas in the 10s trapping 130 on any given friday night. I've raced at Cecil many times and it's the luck of the draw on who you race there. At Atco they seperate the daily drivers and the actual cars with ***** for the cocky guys looking to get their teeth kicked in. Come try it out sometime. I know alot of people down here and can set you up a few races if your tired of being the fastest guy at the track.
Thats awesome, wish cecil had more respectable cars to race. Its fun to actually have competition but I just dont see my self driving 4x as far to Atco when im so close to cecil. lol

And my car is a daily driver street car, im not saying its fast, thats my point. There should be lots of other cars that can beat on me but that just doesnt seem to be the case when I go to cecil.

Im not saying im the fastest guy at the track but out of a hundred cars, there is probably a few of them that would even be a race on a normal wed/fri night test and tune.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:43 PM
turbo 2.8
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by justinschmidt1
Thats awesome, wish cecil had more respectable cars to race. Its fun to actually have competition but I just dont see my self driving 4x as far to Atco when im so close to cecil. lol

And my car is a daily driver street car, im not saying its fast, thats my point. There should be lots of other cars that can beat on me but that just doesnt seem to be the case when I go to cecil.

Im not saying im the fastest guy at the track but out of a hundred cars, there is probably a few of them that would even be a race on a normal wed/fri night test and tune.
Test and tune at Delaware International Speedway this Sunday 3/4/2012. they have a lane exclusive to grudge matches where you can pick the car you want to race.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:54 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by S8ER01Z
This is going to be a boring summer. A G37 decided to play this morning and I started pulling him way too easy. I initially started to pass him casually and as I reached his door he nailed the gas and started to pull away... I was sitting in 3rd at 70~75 so I just went WOT... stopped his pull and put 2 lengths on him before letting out. I'm not used to the change in power... honestly I wasn't sure what to expect but knowing those cars are pretty stout I expected it to take me a moment to stop his pull since he got the hit.

How do you guys with stupid fast cars get any races worth talking about?? I'm not even fast and this is frustrating. At this point I feel like I just pushed down a 3rd grader... never felt guilty about racing someone before.

Edit: I was thinking of the 370z as far as performance... that poor G37 didn't stand a chance before the last round of mods.
370Z is not much better....

Quick Reply: G37 - I need bigger fish