Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

The Sleepers sedan is finally going boost.

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 06:01 AM
Civic4doorsleeper
4th Gear Member

Default The Sleepers sedan is finally going boost.

I know this is not the right place to post pics of my Honda, but I come to this section more then any other & theres no "other" section or anything for me lol. But hes some shots of what I got going on now since the last time I posted pics, soo...

I now have everything on & together besides a wastegate(I dont have one yet) & the intercooler(still in shipping)

Im pretty tweaked about my new setup & cant wait the start her up... should be pretty fun.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:03 AM
94ford5liter
4th Gear Member

Default RE: The Sleepers sedan is finally going boost.

thats cool i guess......what kind of motor is it?
Old 09-16-2005, 06:07 AM
Civic4doorsleeper
4th Gear Member

Its a B18C1 Integra GSR engine.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:08 AM
94ford5liter
4th Gear Member

Nice, how much did you pay for the engine and the turbo?
Old 09-16-2005, 06:15 AM
Civic4doorsleeper
4th Gear Member

Ive had the engine for over a year now... paid like $1500 for the whole swap. & the turbo **** I just installed has set me back $460 & I still have a wastegate to buy which will be anywhere from $50-150 bucks.. THe turbo & manifold are like new with only 300mile on em.. Im a budget tuner lol
Old 09-16-2005, 09:22 AM
01GT
I ♥ Acer

The onlyway to be.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:08 PM
757GT
I ♥ Acer

You should be low 13s with that setup right?
Old 09-16-2005, 02:58 PM
slobra1
1st Gear Member

yeah.. pretty sure he will be faster than that
Old 09-16-2005, 05:15 PM
Mach1
4th Gear Member

Sleeper sedans are fun

Old 09-16-2005, 05:34 PM
Fallstar01
4th Gear Member

How much boost are you going to push? What car did that engine come from? I would suggest some black paint or a dark screen to shroud the piping down below (to keep it a sleeper). Also, you can't go wrong with stock hubcapped wheels to fool people into thinking you're stock. Finally, getting rid of that horrible looking exhaust can't hurt either. Try to get an exhaust that flows well without a huge 4+ inch tip. I've got a supercharged V8 and my performance exhaust has smaller tail-pipes. Considering that the piping all the way back to your muffler is much more narrow, that exhuast tip really ruins the look of it. I can see a cutout in your bumper. A nice 2 inch-max tip polished tip in the correct place with the muffler moved somewhat out of sight, and potentially painted black (use engine paint so it holds up in the heat) would look 1000000 times better, and still help you keep more of a sleeper look. At the very least, you could get one of those mufflers they sell for those cars where there are two pipes coming out. You can put the one, at stock size, in the stock cutout and have the other turned down so it's out of sight but you still free up exhaust restriction. And for the love of god, do NOT get one of those annoying loud blow-off-valves. Painting the hood so the car looks completely stock couldn't hurt. Keep your gauges, if you have them, down low and off your A-pillar cause that's a dead give-a-way. And please, no big aftermarket tachs. Just learn how to hear the engine and shift. If your car came without a tach (some civics do), get a gauge cluster from an SI and use the factory tach to learn the sound of the engine for the right time to shift.

Getting the hood painted correctly could go along way toward the "unmodified" look. Sometimes, it's a givaway because when I see a car like that with a young guy and a crappy hood thrown on, I think, "Maybe this guy knows how to work on cars and that's why he didn't get an autobody shop to do it" Which leads to, "wonder what else he's changed?"

Quick Reply: The Sleepers sedan is finally going boost.