Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Speed Zone > Street/Strip
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.
Sponsored by Roush Performance

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 03-27-2012, 08:24 AM   #21
okbfd
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Shelby GT500

Where can I buy one of those PoPo chips? Those things must be awesome.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

4.10s, Watts Link
okbfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:15 AM   #22
phoenixfriend84
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2001 Ford Mustang GT

So you guys are saying no way should a stock gt beat a v6 camaro?
phoenixfriend84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:33 AM   #23
1.5LofFury
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 1998 Olds Aurora

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixfriend84 View Post
So you guys are saying no way should a stock gt beat a v6 camaro?
a perfect condition NE GT with a good driver could, but a NE GT missing 3rd gear, and having traction issues - NO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okbfd View Post
A ragged out 2V GT with no third gear.......with the driver mod of "spinning all the way through first"

VS This:

The numbers on this car are remarkably similar to Camaros we've tested in the past. With 323 horsepower available from the 3.6-liter V-6, we would expect some startling acceleration numbers. Unfortunately, our test car weighed in at 4105 pounds.

While it's a pig................the outcome of this race is highly suspect......sorry
JESUS CHRIST!!!!! where in the hell did they get their weights from??? the 3.6 with an auto is 3700lbs (36xx with a stick). unless they were testing a Vert.

2002 Silverado 2500HD, LB7 Duramax/ZF6 6-speed MANUAL, Victory Red - clutch/PT76-PT106 compounds/dual CP3/50% overfuel injectors/tune - 906rwhp, 1500+rwtq (dyno maxed).
1.5LofFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:37 AM   #24
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2001 Camaro Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.5LofFury View Post
a perfect condition NE GT with a good driver could, but a NE GT missing 3rd gear, and having traction issues - NO.
This...

I bet I couldn't beat a V6 5th gen without 3rd gear.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:07 AM   #25
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

Vehicle: 2012 5.0 premuim

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.5LofFury View Post

JESUS CHRIST!!!!! where in the hell did they get their weights from??? the 3.6 with an auto is 3700lbs (36xx with a stick). unless they were testing a Vert.
yep, i saw the motortrend article he is talking about, it's a vert. I see people throwing around 3750 or 3780 for the weight of the coupe but i'm not sure if they actually took it to a scale to weigh it. looks like the weight they put on the sticker, which means my car only weighs 3460lbs

and as everyone else said, no, without 3rd gear there is no way to beat the camaro unless he let off.

Automatic, Steeda CAI, 4.10 gears, Boss Intake, BBR O/R X, Steeda Tune, M&H Drag Radials.
12.6@112mph (DA corrected 11.7@119mph)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpOnFire View Post
mishri created the universe

Last edited by Mishri; 03-27-2012 at 10:11 AM.
Mishri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:58 AM   #26
phoenixfriend84
1st Gear Member

So if a stock ne gt wont do that missing third then I have to wonder what has been done to my gt. I beat the camaro. I'm not going to say I know everything about it. I don't. The rear end still has the tag showing the gear size of 3.27:1 is there so if the changed the gears they were polite enough to put it back on. I was happy with the results of the race and have been pleasantly suprised by the car all around. Thanks for the input even to the non believers. Maybe ill try to get him to line it up again and get a video.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:00 PM   #27
99GTvert
is my username.

Vehicle: 1
well, its getting cold outside again...****in reached down to the 40s the other day.  almost can't wait for the snowy stuff............................almost i don't have a twitter account nor have i ever been to a twitter web page (update: i have), but if i ever did decide to take the plunge i will let you know by posting it in this awesome little box of text (update: not really)! i like tacos lol...though between crunchy tacos and soft tacos i cannot really say which one is better.  sometimes, the mess a crunchy taco leaves behind is a little annoying while the soft taco just doesn't have the same taste... cake is so much better than pie no, srsly.  **** pie. ****ing

Have you taken your car to the drag strip or a dyno?
Old 03-27-2012, 12:44 PM   #28
TheDutchTexan
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Mustang GT

I ran a bolt on >04GT with my stock 05. It was pretty much even, with the edge on the 05.

I have ran a RS too, and it had no chance in hell. Stopped his pull and put some distance on us. But a >04GT has less power. IMHO stock for stock would be a drivers race. Sorry to break it to you, but he wasn't trying...

Justice to All
TheDutchTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:49 PM   #29
okbfd
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Shelby GT500

Yeah, that was a vert, heavy sucker with lots of ponies for the six. I was surprised by the lack of info I could find on the sixxer camaro.

4.10s, Watts Link
okbfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:34 PM   #30
phoenixfriend84
1st Gear Member

He was on it hard I could hear it shifting. Actually it didnt sound too bad at the high end of the revs. I think if I had third it would have been a better pull and much farther ahead. I did find these numbers for stock v6 camaros. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61392 and these for some mustangs. http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...ustang-gt.html I haven't had the car to a track yet and not on a dyno. Its an amazing running car minus the ABS issues and third gear synchronizer being gone.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:34 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2001, 2012, beat, camaro, ford, forums, gt, mods, mustang, plugs, rs, speed, upgrade, upholstery, vs