Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Speed Zone > Street/Strip
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.
Sponsored by Roush Performance

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 04-03-2012, 09:08 AM   #41
drhoward
Dr. Integrity

Vehicle: 1994 Mustang Super Special Hooker Edition GT

lol I have missed 3rd plenty of times at the track......it doesn't result in great times
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redass02gt View Post
even if I had *****, I wouldn't know what to do with them.
Pictures of my Deck!
drhoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:53 AM   #42
crash
BrandofPoop

Vehicle: 2001 Mustang Bullitt 04557
Michael D Farrington Flightboy101

Quote:
Originally Posted by S8ER01Z View Post
Hell I can tell you right now how bad it hurts... I miss 3rd all the time and have to either put it back in or shift to 4th... I run over a second slower every time I skip third. My best aborted pass was a 13.7... but I still used 3rd after I got it back in.
ya, I missed 2nd one time and ran a 14.6 when I got back in it, I know it would be even worse jumping straight to 4th
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:54 AM   #43
99GTvert
is my username.

Vehicle: 1
well, its getting cold outside again...****in reached down to the 40s the other day.  almost can't wait for the snowy stuff............................almost i don't have a twitter account nor have i ever been to a twitter web page (update: i have), but if i ever did decide to take the plunge i will let you know by posting it in this awesome little box of text (update: not really)! i like tacos lol...though between crunchy tacos and soft tacos i cannot really say which one is better.  sometimes, the mess a crunchy taco leaves behind is a little annoying while the soft taco just doesn't have the same taste... cake is so much better than pie no, srsly.  **** pie. ****ing

I think I either botched 3rd or 4th and it added at least a half second to my time.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:39 PM   #44
phoenixfriend84
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2001 Ford Mustang GT

As originally asked stock for stock. Since I did in fact beat him without third I must assume something is not stock.
phoenixfriend84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:50 PM   #45
99GTvert
is my username.

well, its getting cold outside again...****in reached down to the 40s the other day.  almost can't wait for the snowy stuff............................almost i don't have a twitter account nor have i ever been to a twitter web page (update: i have), but if i ever did decide to take the plunge i will let you know by posting it in this awesome little box of text (update: not really)! i like tacos lol...though between crunchy tacos and soft tacos i cannot really say which one is better.  sometimes, the mess a crunchy taco leaves behind is a little annoying while the soft taco just doesn't have the same taste... cake is so much better than pie no, srsly.  **** pie. ****ing

Maybe the other dude let off right after you went into fourth. I doubt your car has anything special done to it but if he got a small lead in first gear, then you cut it and pulled ahead in second gear, then put enough distance to see it in the rear view mirror in fourth gear, there's a chance your buddy lifted off the gas pedal at least a few seconds before you did.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:11 PM   #46
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 GTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixfriend84 View Post
As originally asked stock for stock. Since I did in fact beat him without third I must assume something is not stock.
You act like a couple mods is going to make much difference in your 2V. Gears are about the only thing that would make a noticeable difference, and even then there's no way you could skip a gear and still do that to a 14.0-low 14 second car.

Here's what happened. You pulled him in 2nd, your buddy let off, then you skipped 3rd and went to 4th for the win.
373 RWHP/373 RWTQ
12.91@111 MPH 2.1 60'
Stone629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:48 PM   #47
99GTvert
is my username.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone629 View Post
You act like a couple mods is going to make much difference in your 2V.

Maybe the dude just doesn't know better...?
Old 04-04-2012, 07:26 PM   #48
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 GTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99GTvert View Post
Maybe the dude just doesn't know better...?
He doesn't....kind of walking him into a Q&A
373 RWHP/373 RWTQ
12.91@111 MPH 2.1 60'
Stone629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:15 PM   #49
phoenixfriend84
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2001 Ford Mustang GT

I didn't lift till I saw his nose drop. His nose didn't drop til I was already in 4th and pulling. I don't have a 1/4 track within an hours drive but we do have the Friday night drags at AMS on pit road that is 1/8. They don't go e e.t. but they do give trap speed. And it is of an arm drop. Perhaps when they start back ill give it a whirl. Wish I could find a granny before then. Just don't have a few hundred to drop on one yet especially not know whichever mine has the t45 or the tr3650.
phoenixfriend84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:15 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2001, 2012, beat, camaro, ford, forums, gt, mods, mustang, plugs, rs, speed, upgrade, upholstery, vs