Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Raced a neon

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 06:43 AM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

Default Raced a neon

Havent really had any good races yet since I've been x charged but I raced a neon. Guys in my town for one reason or another love modding neons. Anyways I was on the highway and just going about my business when I came up on a neon with of course the huge muffler. The guy floored it so I did too and flew past him pretty easy. We did a few more 55 rolls each time I won by quite a bit but he definitely wasn't stock as I raced them before I had a supercharger and smoked them - this guy actually kept up "decently" considering the differences in the cars. I'm guessing he had a few bolt ons. We rolled our windows down and talked he knew right away exactly what kind of supercharger I had which I thought was pretty cool. Then I raced a caddy filled with a bunch of kids who just kept screaming out their window "thatsr a bada** ride! floor it again! Floor it again!" haha pretty cool feeling.

Oh and here's a video I took yesterday down an exit ramp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETmWT...e_gdata_player

Oh and if anyone is considering going supercharged in their sixxer and wants to see a pull from certain speeds or anything just let me know I'll make a video for your curiosity. That's one thing I found hard to come across when I was in the market and curious about
Old 04-06-2012, 08:01 AM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

Any times from that setup? Maybe I'm jaded but I thought it would be faster?
Old 04-06-2012, 08:45 AM
moochman4life
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by S8ER01Z
Any times from that setup? Maybe I'm jaded but I thought it would be faster?
I think it's that 10" sub in his trunk holding him back. Just kidding, Max!
Old 04-06-2012, 08:55 AM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

Yeah the sun is who I blame. Lol, only reason I put that in is because before my pioneer I installed a shaker from a gt and lost all my bass since I didn't have door subs.

S8ER I've got other vids I'll upload that's not my best by any means just one of the few I uploaded to YouTube. I'll try and find my best vid and get that up tonight!
Old 04-06-2012, 09:10 AM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

I actually ran out real quick and snapped another video just now. Traction issues...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZAxJ...e_gdata_player
Old 04-06-2012, 04:14 PM
97tplsGT
4th Gear Member

Well, the charger sounds great!!

But.... that video has confused the **** outta me. You say traction issues, but sounds more like traction control issues. Is that what caused it to bog down like that?

Nice kills on the neon too btw!
Old 04-06-2012, 04:18 PM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

No 8.8 yet in my mods list which is why I can't launch at all below 30 without loosing traction. 25 is about the slowest I can go while still hooking up "quick enough". Been searching everywhere and can find a dang 8.8!
Old 04-06-2012, 04:52 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

If you haven't already, try contacting JimC. Last I heard, he had a contact with a few 8.8s, possibly with better gears (not sure on that one though) from what I heard from other members. I'm not sure if he still has any, but worth a shot if you haven't already shot him a PM.

Anyway, car sounds magnificent and nice kill! If you're still running those stock all season tires I would recommend an upgrade as that will definitely help with your traction issues.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:37 PM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

Car sounds good, 2nd video was about what I was expecting. Thanks!
Old 04-06-2012, 07:38 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Neon as in SRT-4?

Blower sounds sweet man!

We should start a "speedo vid" thread since so many people have them. Not sure if Stk would let it fly or not.....

Quick Reply: Raced a neon