Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Swapped Civic in Denial

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 11:14 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

I don't understand it either, OP. The same thing happened to me literally 20 minutes ago. An older integra with three guys in it, body kit, fart can...pulled away from me at a light ***** out with all 140hp screaming like a banshee. I was going to let them have their "victory" until one of them throws up a peace sign from the passenger side window...thats when I gunned it and skated on past them (literally, she was fishtailing back and forth) with my wife about to tear my arm off with her death grip saying, "thats enough!", lol.

I understand those guys swapping in certain engines so that they have a better platform to build off of over time, but what I don't get is why they go out picking fights with cars far superior to their unfinished project. I'd personally love to build an old Integra up into a turbocharged beast, but I'll be damned if I'd go out trying to draw attention to my car before it was completed.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:35 AM
Bokeo
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
I don't understand it either, OP. The same thing happened to me literally 20 minutes ago. An older integra with three guys in it, body kit, fart can...pulled away from me at a light ***** out with all 140hp screaming like a banshee. I was going to let them have their "victory" until one of them throws up a peace sign from the passenger side window...thats when I gunned it and skated on past them (literally, she was fishtailing back and forth) with my wife about to tear my arm off with her death grip saying, "thats enough!", lol.

I understand those guys swapping in certain engines so that they have a better platform to build off of over time, but what I don't get is why they go out picking fights with cars far superior to their unfinished project. I'd personally love to build an old Integra up into a turbocharged beast, but I'll be damned if I'd go out trying to draw attention to my car before it was completed.
Haha, I really need to sit down and talk to some of these guys and figure out if they are just really that dense or mabye they've been brainwashed.

When Im out driving, I can pretty much tell just by looking at a car if I can take it or not. I dont go biting off more than I can chew.. or drive like a D bag cutting and weaving or tailgating.

Even if I know I'll get smoked, I'll still race if he wants to.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:43 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

Are engine swaps in those things easier than installing a Turbo?
Old 04-29-2012, 09:56 AM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

I think the idea is to swap in a stronger engine and then turbo that....I think.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:08 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

Originally Posted by Stone629
I think the idea is to swap in a stronger engine and then turbo that....I think.

OK. I thought also swaps were very simple which is why many people do it to initially gain ~30-50 wheel hp whereas a turbo would gain more but be a lot more work to do.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:12 AM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99GTvert
OK. I thought also swaps were very simple which is why many people do it to initially gain ~30-50 wheel hp whereas a turbo would gain more but be a lot more work to do.
Pretty sure you are correct. There's a lot of NA K-swaps, H22s, etc, on youtube that look quick. All really lightweight/gutted cars, but still seem to do work without FI.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:58 AM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

Throwing on a turbo kit is alot easier than swapping a motor/trans. To make decent power your going to have to build the motor anyways.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:16 AM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

there are a few guys with hondas that run at our track, completely gutted hatches, turbos. one or 2 are actually pretty fast. one ran 10.7@133. but it weighs about 1200lbs, on slicks.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:34 AM
97tplsGT
4th Gear Member

We have a buddy here with a k20 hatch, full interior street car, couple boltons, etc, ran 7.8's in the 1/8th on a tire. Thats pretty strong for a n/a honda....
Old 04-30-2012, 12:06 PM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

What was the trap, I think 87ish?

Quick Reply: Swapped Civic in Denial