Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Just ran an SRT Charger from 20-100 (vid)

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 08:41 AM
turbo 2.8
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ****** srt8
Really....... You beat the driver. 13.23@107.24 is slower than the average stock SRT8 so on an average day you, even if you beat the driver will not "crushed it."
WHATT!!! fastest one I've seen here ran 13.4 and that was with tune and intake. I guess i did beat the driver. I also beat 300c SRT. (people have a hard time believing that as well) hell if I beat the driver thats fine, cause like you insinuate .... I'm suppose to lose!

Originally Posted by wildazme
hey turbo 2.8 i just noticed your 1/4 mile time, thats pretty slow for a supercharged car. i ran a 13.7 with just cold air intake and a tune and im an auto.
well did you notice I have a 4.0 with open wheel? my best trap is 110, but I ave. 109. so yes 1/4 mile not so good until I upgrade clutch tires and rear, from a roll it performs much better.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:32 AM
willys srt8
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by turbo 2.8
fastest one I've seen here ran 13.4 and that was with tune and intake..
Then they need a driver mod. My best time in my sig was done at VMP while spinning top of 1st and into 2nd on street tires. You might have slightly better DA in Deleware than in VA in the middle of summer. So I'm calling BS.

Sorry OP, not trying to thread jack.

Last edited by willys srt8; 05-13-2012 at 10:34 AM.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:47 AM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

I've ran one or two at the 1/4 and witnessed tons. For the most part, 90% of them are first timers and have no clue what they're doing (about like the other 90% of cars there) and considering the weight and power of an Srt sedan, it usually equates to a traction control disaster or smoke show. But, I ran a SRT 300 back when I had my full exhaust/tuned/DR A4 GTO and he ran a 13 flat at 109 to my 12.8 at 109. Guy was on big rims at that (may of actually helped him hook). So in other words, they can run low 13s all day with someone that knows what they're doing, but finding any street car at test n tune that has a good driver mod is rare.

No need for apologizes, *****. Thats what these threads are for! Discussing every aspect of both vehicles, etc.

Last edited by Stone629; 05-13-2012 at 10:50 AM.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:04 AM
turbo 2.8
3rd Gear Member

Then they need a driver mod. My best time in my sig was done at VMP while spinning top of 1st and into 2nd on street tires. You might have slightly better DA in Deleware than in VA in the middle of summer. So I'm calling BS.

Sorry OP, not trying to thread jack.
lol what are you calling bs on? that the fastest one I saw is 13.4! listen all I know is what I witness. I'm not doubting your car runs what it does. simply put, yes I crushed (a stock) one on the street I really don't care if he couldn't drive or not, felt good to beat down the big eight with my six shooter. sorry if your offended but thats that facts.

Originally Posted by Stone629
I've ran one or two at the 1/4 and witnessed tons. For the most part, 90% of them are first timers and have no clue what they're doing (about like the other 90% of cars there) and considering the weight and power of an Srt sedan, it usually equates to a traction control disaster or smoke show. But, I ran a SRT 300 back when I had my full exhaust/tuned/DR A4 GTO and he ran a 13 flat at 109 to my 12.8 at 109. Guy was on big rims at that (may of actually helped him hook). So in other words, they can run low 13s all day with someone that knows what they're doing, but finding any street car at test n tune that has a good driver mod is rare.

No need for apologizes, *****. Thats what these threads are for! Discussing every aspect of both vehicles, etc.
I also don't mean to take away from your thread, from what I have witnessed, I assumed that more mods must have been done to the car.(coarse I've been wrong before!) but great kill, you really walked him.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:23 AM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

No worries, Turbo! I want and expect you guys to discuss and drift OT, lol. Thats what makes these threads interesting imo. I ran from a roll which takes a lot of the diffuculty (launch) out of the equation, so all that SRT had to do was flex 425 HP and show its top end strength. But with the weight difference and the fact that my car is making close to the same power with harder tuned shifts, that Dodge really didnt stand a chance.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:35 AM
willys srt8
2nd Gear Member

I raced a stock one not long ago and crushed it
Calling BS on this ^. You may have beaten some, but you beat the driver. I agree most people can't launch including me. But when you are claiming a best time of 13.2x and stating that you crushed them is a fluke. You are just the better driver. Equal driver in the SRT8 and they'll be in the 12s stock. With just a CAI, Exhaust and tune and they are 405-415 whp. How much power are you making?
Old 05-13-2012, 01:04 PM
turbo 2.8
3rd Gear Member

Calling BS on this ^. You may have beaten some, but you beat the driver. I agree most people can't launch including me. But when you are claiming a best time of 13.2x and stating that you crushed them is a fluke. You are just the better driver. Equal driver in the SRT8 and they'll be in the 12s stock. With just a CAI, Exhaust and tune and they are 405-415 whp. How much power are you making?
I've NEVER seen a STOCK SRT in the 12's . I notice you have upgrades and your times aren't much better than mine, my one wheel skinny perille v6 no doubt. I would love to roll race you to show you what I mean. as far as power goes I've never been on the dyno.. . . have you been on a scale??? maybe it was a fluke, I've also fluked a ss,300c,and gto. I must be the best driver in the world!!! don't take this the wrong way,I'm just having fun with this! as stated before I don't care if I beat the driver, you might wanna revoke their man card or kick them out of the SRT club.
Old 05-13-2012, 03:41 PM
willys srt8
2nd Gear Member

I've NEVER seen a STOCK SRT in the 12's . I notice you have upgrades and your times aren't much better than mine, my one wheel skinny perille v6 no doubt. I would love to roll race you to show you what I mean. as far as power goes I've never been on the dyno.. . . have you been on a scale??? maybe it was a fluke, I've also fluked a ss,300c,and gto. I must be the best driver in the world!!! don't take this the wrong way,I'm just having fun with this! as stated before I don't care if I beat the driver, you might wanna revoke their man card or kick them out of the SRT club.
I also have a crate engine but like I said before I can't hook at all and spun my way to my time. Based off the average weight of your car, even if you add 130hp to the crank that would only make you about 9.86lbs/hp to a stock SRT8 Charger's 9.79lbs/hp to my 8.27lbs/hp (using the only surviving old dyno sheet). The final dyno sheet after tuning was destroyed in a spill. So as heavy as the SRT is, it has a better power to weight ratio. Don't get me wrong, winning is winning, but crushing them is unlikely.

By the way, stock for stock, the SRT8 Charger is faster than the SS, 300C, and the GTO even if just by a little all things being even.
Attached Thumbnails Just ran an SRT Charger from 20-100 (vid)-receipt.jpg   Just ran an SRT Charger from 20-100 (vid)-img-20120513-00037.jpg  

Last edited by willys srt8; 05-13-2012 at 04:00 PM.
Old 05-13-2012, 03:57 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

I'm pretty sure my car and turbo's car are in the same weight vicinity. I make in the 350 rwhp range. You guys see what I did to that car from a roll. Not sure how much turbo's 4.0 is making at the wheels, but he traps 107 to my 114. So if Turbo's car is crushing an SRT, then I agree that the driver let that car down. Everyone I have witnessed pretty much trapped at LEAST 107. Anything and everything can happen during a race and a win is a win.
Old 05-13-2012, 04:10 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

^^very well said Stone....

Quick Reply: Just ran an SRT Charger from 20-100 (vid)