Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Pics from the track..

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 09:13 AM
MZRSPEED3
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by The stang II
That's my buddy Daniel. The skyblue Speed 3 with the plasti dipped black rear bumper? Yea he's not too happy about his tune at all. He should be putting down about 350 hp with all of his mods. He was hoping for 12's if not 11's with good driving and good track prep along with a functional tune. But he needs race gas to probably come close to touch 11's. It is a stout car though, I raced him back when my car was quicker than what it is now for some reason, and I beat him. It was a highway roll 50-100ish. But ever since I got this DSP tuner, my car is not as quick as it was before. But I'll get it straightened out with some race gas or meth.
Is he on the stock K04? if so, he must be close to fully bolted with a decent e85 tune or meth. At that point drag radials are not going to help him much lol. Hope he gets it worked out, im sure its frustrating.

Originally Posted by Stone629
Gotcha, I have family closer to S.O.B near Lake View, SC.

I liked the MS3 a lot. It was an 08. I would love to have another to DD, mod a little, etc...but for drag racing I wasn't a fan of it. The gearing was way too short, too much torque steer, and terrible wheel hop. The turbo dropping off at 5500 was an awful combo with that short gearing. Too much like the Peterbuilt I drive, lots of torque but no legs, lol.

From a 3rd gear roll it moved out though. So yea, loved the car, just not a good choice for the 1/4 imho.
Gearing sucks, they tweaked the ecu and gear ratios on the 2nd gen Speeds, but it didnt help much. Honestly, i like the 1st gen better, it had more of a "grown up" look.

Anyways, sorry to get OT.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:34 PM
The stang II
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
I figured his car wasn't running right because of his inconsistent times. I seen him run 13.5 followed by a 13.8, pretty sure it was tune/traction related. I used to run boosted cars as well, and it can be frustrating trying to pin down the problem..

I had a stage 2 SRT-4 before my supercharged 08 Mustang, and it was plenty quick on the highway, though I never hit anything lower than 13.8@105mph (2.4 60 fts.!) . I am sure that would beat the 2012 RT AWD I had, especially from a roll
I'm sad to see you sold it haha. Yep, I cut a best 60ft of 2.5 haha. But I just bought a set of slicks so I'll see what I can run next time with those.

And mzdaspeed, he is damn near fully bolted if not fully bolted. No e85 here in Alaska at all, we only have the highest grade of 90oct. But he is talking bout getting a race gas tune and going from there. Me personally am going to be running Meth here soon, racegas seems like it would get expensive realllllll quick.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:53 PM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

That's my buddy Daniel. The skyblue Speed 3 with the plasti dipped black rear bumper? Yea he's not too happy about his tune at all. He should be putting down about 350 hp with all of his mods. He was hoping for 12's if not 11's with good driving and good track prep along with a functional tune. But he needs race gas to probably come close to touch 11's. It is a stout car though, I raced him back when my car was quicker than what it is now for some reason, and I beat him. It was a highway roll 50-100ish. But ever since I got this DSP tuner, my car is not as quick as it was before. But I'll get it straightened out with some race gas or meth.
If you beat him he isn't close to 350whp.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:56 PM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

I'm sad to see you sold it haha. Yep, I cut a best 60ft of 2.5 haha. But I just bought a set of slicks so I'll see what I can run next time with those.

And mzdaspeed, he is damn near fully bolted if not fully bolted. No e85 here in Alaska at all, we only have the highest grade of 90oct. But he is talking bout getting a race gas tune and going from there. Me personally am going to be running Meth here soon, racegas seems like it would get expensive realllllll quick.
I run meth. I've been running 23psi ish due to my injectors flipping out, put I'm going to turn it to 29psi/meth for DD (boost reduction 1-3) and run meth/112/29psi for a track tune with loads of timing.